PDA

View Full Version : FF7 pc!

chemical finger
06-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Ok.
I borrowed my cousins ff7 and I found it doesnt work on the pc at my moms.Wich is XP.So I tried hooking up another pc I have there.My stedad wasnt sure what kind of windows was on it so I hooked it up and it was 2000 NT.Well I was able to install it this time and everything was going rather spiffy till i got to the first battle and when the ene,y attacked me it froze then booted me out of the game.I think it does this because the game was made around windows 95...so what I was wandering is there ff7 out in any stores or on ebay or something that have been updated..?98 +????

Thanx

BTW,I just rememberd the pc with windows nt worked it just said under configuration the only thing that didnyt pass was the 8-bit something.I dont remember.....
Could it be I need a 3d accelerator card on that pc?

Lost Heretic
06-21-2003, 02:42 AM
The failure on the 8-bit palette thing did not matter with mine. Can I ask what Graphics card you have? (theres a patch to fix that failure.)

Final Fantasy 7 was made in 1997, so it is recommended to be used with windows 95. It may also work with windows 98, but anything after, I doubt.

chemical finger
06-21-2003, 03:50 AM
Dman cause when I get my new pc its gonne have XP...I have no idea what kind of gfx card that is.I will find out when i go back.Theres no internet over there..yet so i cant dl a patch....

I have another question,is there like such thing as a lik pc memory card.Cause if i start a game then get a new pc will all my data be lost?Or can I transfer it to another pc?

crono_logical
06-21-2003, 08:55 AM
The game uses files in it's folder for save games, from what I remember, so yeah, moving the save game just requires you to move those save files.

I still prefer running the PSX version on the PC though, that works under any version of Windows :p

chemical finger
06-21-2003, 04:54 PM
You can do that?Just put the PSX game into the driver?

crono_logical
06-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Um, you need software to run it too since the PC isn't a PSX :p www.epsxe.com and searching Google for "PSX emulation" would be good places to start on getting it going :p

chemical finger
06-22-2003, 04:25 AM
ok thanx...

ThaJinx
06-22-2003, 08:44 PM
Mine is running perfectly fine on Windows XP. It fails the 8-bit palette, but otherwise it's just dandy. So blarg to you.

chemical finger
06-23-2003, 04:01 AM
Are you serious.I got a wowexe error or something like that when I clicked on install.
What ff7 do you have?The old one with the white box or the platinum one?

Whitesnake
08-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Sorry to barge in like this, but...
I've had some problems with FF7, and had to stop playing the game. The problem being this: whenever I get my party to that planetarium (you know, the one that belongs to that dog-tiger-whatever mutant creature's grandfather - the place was called Cosmo Canyon, I believe) the game freezes (even though the music continues playing). Does anyone know a patch for this one? Needless to say, I'm talking about the PC version of the game. The game was running on win98, Trident 3D image graphix card (not a 3D card, but a 4 mb crap), duron 750 mhz. Any clues?

PS: I did a Google search for FFVII patches, but found only those that correct nVidia, Cyrix and XP problems (one for each problem).

DelightfulSpekkio442
08-04-2003, 04:23 AM
You need the Application Compatibility Toolkit for Win2k from Microsoft. Go to ffseven.*** (either net or com) for more info.

~MJE~

DaMagicSausage
08-04-2003, 05:12 AM
Other then my motorcycle ride at 10x the normal speed, the game has been handling pretty good for me...

My Comp stats

Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Proc.
512 DDR ram
Windows XP
nVidea GeForce 4 Ti. 4600

I haven't had to run it under compatibility mode, the only problem i have every now and then is the music will stall up and then play really fast trying to catch up to itself

GaV
08-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey did u need 2 install the windows xp patch or nvida patch? Because i installed ff7 and it failed the 8mb test cos i have a very modern card a ti4600 :s I then played the game but it was all blurred cos of software graphics. Can u help?

defier
08-15-2003, 01:06 AM
I must be one of the luckiest people alive because i have no problems at all playing FF7 on XP Pro.

I had to install the nvidia patch to get the hardware mode. I have tried the XP patch but i didn't see any changes at all so i uninstalled it.

I just rebuilt the pc and copied my saved games off. After reinstalling the game and put the saves back i can continue from where i last saved.... as we all figured. Just confirming this for chemical finger.

ps. FF8 works great on my pc as well!

Fredd
08-17-2003, 06:52 PM
For me it dosent even work....
Damn, i have to re-install the whole FF7!

§håd0w
08-18-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by huddo5
I must be one of the luckiest people alive because i have no problems at all playing FF7 on XP Pro.

I had to install the nvidia patch to get the hardware mode. I have tried the XP patch but i didn't see any changes at all so i uninstalled it.

I just rebuilt the pc and copied my saved games off. After reinstalling the game and put the saves back i can continue from where i last saved.... as we all figured. Just confirming this for chemical finger.

ps. FF8 works great on my pc as well!

i have no trouble with either, and my laptop was released 3 weeks ago

Daedalex
08-23-2003, 01:18 AM
Yeah I've had the PC version for over a year now. Never had any problems at all. To me, it sounds like your problem is hardware related. Check the specs on both machines and post them on here.

I'm running windows XP, I failed the 8-bit textures too, but it still runs great.