PDA

View Full Version : Invincible, Punk Extras

EveningCross
06-21-2003, 02:07 AM
I think that I may have posted this somewhere before but don't you hate it when you fight against a character in any of the games and you attack and attack and attack and they simply shrug off everything that you throw at them and defeat you easily and then later in the game you get them and they are weak as a mug? I don't know why but that really bothers me. I mean, I know that in most FF games they can't let you have some invincible person on your side that will obliterate everything in their path (Orlandu) but c'mon!!! A perfect example of this is Beatrix from FFIX. When you first fight her in Burmecia no matter how much you hit her she never weakens, if it's cold in hell that day you MIGHT see her use a cure spell, and when she gets bored with you (coincidentally after letting you use up all of your MP and curative items) she just offs everybody. This particular battle is strangely appealing to me because I know that I can't win and yet for some reason I still try. But I digress, doncha hate that?

Please post your feelings on this and situation and others containing other punks that really piss you off.

Edit: Also please don't misunderstand. I don't hate Beatrix. I think that she's one of the coolest characters but I just wish that she wouldn't do that. Razzafraggin programmers!

JMcConnor
06-21-2003, 04:46 AM
Sure...there are a few instances in Final Fantasy where, every time I play one of them, I always try to do the same things, even though I know they won't work:

1. ...hmm, guess there's really only one thing...the fact that every time I play a certain FF, it takes me LONGER to get through the first disc with each playthrough, because I'm ALWAYS looking harder and longer for some way to stop a certain event from happening ;)

2. Ehh...not FF related, but the only other instance I can think of...in Megaman X, where you fight Vile at the beginning of the first level, I always try so hard to beat him, and get so mad when Zero has to save my butt, hee ^^;

James McConnor

FFanatic Of FFantasy
07-01-2004, 02:09 AM
ANYWAY! It would not be a challenge if you have one amazing character on your team which take use deadly attacks which can easily reduce your FF buddies to nothing e.g. Beatrix, Edea, Sephiroth, Seymour etc and the rest of your team which can do only a fraction of that damage! It may be a major let down, but hey! That's Final Fantasy For You!
A guy with a big sword which is same size as him!
A teenager whose mad about lions!
An annoying monkey!
A gal in dodgey robes!
Whats next a woman dressed like a rabbit with a bow?
That's Final Fantasy For You!

Vermachtnis
07-01-2004, 03:57 AM
Seymore was the man in that one battle. But, in Chrono Trigger you fight Magus and more then likely on your first time during the game he's going to hand you your ass on a platter. Then he joins your team and yea sure he's still the man, but not as strong as he was.

Leeza
07-01-2004, 08:16 PM
This thread is too old.