PDA

View Full Version : Rikku and Auron?!

Fuzakeru
06-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Okay, I am a huge fan of www.fanfiction.net
It is TOTALLY awesome . . . well, surfing in there I ran across a million Rikku, Auron stories. . .
Do any of you guys see them together? I thought they were cute in the Thundre Plains but that's all. . .

Well, I was just wondering what you guys thought. . .

LadySteph

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2003, 12:54 AM
I think it's pretty gross myself, but there is a simple explination for it.

In fan fiction and general fandom, lines of love will be drawn where there are no lines present in the game/show/etc. Particularily in yaoi. It's like someone sits there and goes "Hmm... now, who would make the most irreverant and impossible match?" and then writes a story about it.

I could never see Rikku and Auron getting together, and age has nothing to do it it. The personalities are just to conflicting. To be honest, they remind me a faint bit of Rinoa and Squall, who I personally think are an impossible couple. Oh well.

Rye
06-22-2003, 01:47 AM
XD Umm... no.

Lol the chances of them getting toghter is the chance of Wakka, Seymore and Kimahri getting married with each other ^.^ :D

razor248725
06-22-2003, 10:11 AM
rikku and auron together is not right!!! rikkus like 15 and auron is....i dunno 45??? and yeah, thats like kimahri and wakka gettin together like someone said b4.

MJN SEIFER
06-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Auron is older than Rikku so it wouldn't be right!

TheAbominatrix
06-22-2003, 11:19 AM
The age has nothing to do with it. Love is love. 30 years is a bit of a stretch, but stilll... It has more to do with the fact that they're nothing alike and would make a horrid couple. Aside from the fact that he's dead.

Edit: Thanks Psychotic

Psychotic
06-22-2003, 01:44 PM
Type the word Spoiler in these [] tags to make spoilers.

Anyway, because he is what Abom spoilered, wouldn't that make Rikku a Necrophiliac were it true? Sick Girl!

Mo-Nercy
06-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Rikku and Auron *thumbs down*, they really do remind me of Squall and Rinoa but they were a cute couple at least.

Legato
06-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Nah. No chance. Auron is an old man and Rikku's like, 15. Lol.

Like Abom said, their personalities are too conflicting. And just...eww. =\

ThE dArK oNe
06-26-2003, 08:15 AM
Auron is kinda... dead so yeah... o_o

There's a what, 20 years age difference?
-_-;;

Edit by Big D: Some people haven't played FFX yet, and don't want the plot spoiled. Please MARK SPOILERS in future.:)

Ultima Seraph
07-04-2003, 08:16 AM
I think that they are a couple in fanfiction... that's it. I hate those pairings... but the ones I hate more: Auron and Lulu... yes, you see those on FF.net, too... >.>;;;

Rikku: Jailbait. Auron is a man of duty, not of love.

Lulu: I'm sorry, doesn't she uh...end up prego with Wakka's kid? WAKKA... not AURON'S!

Intrepid
07-04-2003, 08:23 AM
I ahte both of the pairings, Lulu and Auron, Rikku and Auron. It is impossible. If Auron went after Rikku... that would make Auron a pedophile. I am... sorry. No. And no. Lulu and Wakka go together. As seen in FF X-2. So, nothing you can do about that.
Auron is more like a brick wall, no matter how many times you run into it, it doesn't budge.

Savannah
07-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Geez... I can't believe so many people are opposed to this couple. They're a perfect example of opposites attracting, and should they get together they'd learn a lot from each other (anyone ever played FFVIII?). Auron and Lulu is even less likely than Auron and Rikku, however. They're both cold and unapproachable. Take Chappu, for example, Lulu's former lover. He was warm and energetic and happy- her opposite.

The age difference may be an issue here, but it can easily be excused in a different universe altogether.

I'm writing an Auron x Rikku fic myself, and I plan to keep them believably in character. I agree that there is a lot of poorly-written crap at FF.net, but since I love both these characters, I'm keeping their personalities intact. Maybe you guys have just read too much crappy fanfiction to appreciate them. :p

Radje
07-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Weird but as Savannah said it could happen. Lol, that's if they like each other <.<

chocoboy
07-06-2003, 12:19 AM
I could easily see it happening. Besides, I've seen worse couples in real life.... but lets not go there. *shudders*

It wouldn't work anyways because Auron would have to get through me first!

Intrepid
07-06-2003, 05:21 AM
Look at it this way, no matter how many times you try to create some sort of plot with Auron and Rikku... it still doesn't erase the fact that they don't even like each other.
Let us not forget...
At the end of the game, when Yuna sent Auron... he didn't even give a shit about Rikku. He glanced at everyone, but it looked to me, that the only person he paid any heed to, was Kimahri, for taking the request of a dying man(Auron). Auron already knew that he'd see Tidus again... why make a scene?

The part at the Thunder Plains.
Auron: "She is worse than the storm."
I heard no sarcasm. It seemed he would have rather ditched the little whiner, than stay at a damn Inn.

Rikku is an immature little whiner. She doesn't know when to shut up. Auron, as I said, is a brick wall. No emotion what so ever. Tidus became a burden to him, because of a promise he made to Jecht ten years in the past. If Auron had a shred of care for anyone, it was Jecht, Braska and obviously Kinoc. Not some Al Bhed twit that suddenly came into the picture because of his new Summoner.

In addition, Rikku would have to get passed me, if she wants to be with Auron. :mad2:

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2003, 05:29 AM
Like I said earlier. A lot of fandom is all about drawing lines between characters where no lines exist. You can argue till you're blue in the face, there's always someone out there who loves these weird, impossible pairings.

*goes to make a Tellah x Porom story*

Intrepid
07-06-2003, 05:57 AM
Fine, I can deal. I've put in my four cents.

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2003, 05:58 AM
I love your cents.

Savannah
07-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Fanfiction that follows the course of the events in the game is pretty worthless, eh?

As for Auron not really caring about Rikku in the game- well, he doesn't care about ANYone, really. Tidus and Yuna, perhaps, because he plays a guardian role to both of them.

The event at the Thunder Plains is just one of many in the game... and Auron's feelings could very well have changed. Do you think he WOULD be affectionate toward Rikku if he had romantic feelings for her? No. :p The way he reacts to her is just a part of the cold front he portrays unbiasedly to EVERYone. He very well could have had romantic feelings for any of the characters in the game, but there was never the opportuniy for him to act upon it. That's what fanfiction is for. ^_^

Shlup
07-06-2003, 08:11 AM
No for every reason above.

Ultima Seraph
07-06-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
No for every reason above.

LoL... I had to quote you because it made me laugh and that I agree.

As for writing fanfictions, yeah, I pair "impossible" characters together. I don't really care if someone writes a pairing with Auron as long as the characters are kept in tact... I hate it when characters' personalities are compromised!!!!!! So I try my hardest to keep character stuff in tact...

~hides her yaoi fanfiction~ ......... :D :rolleyes2

Savannah
07-07-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Ultima Seraph
~hides her yaoi fanfiction~ ......... :D :rolleyes2

Thought I was the only one around here! ^_^ (*cough*SeiferxSquall*cough*)

TheAbominatrix
07-07-2003, 12:44 AM
*whines and hides her face in her hands* Bad! Bad!

Ultima Seraph
07-07-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Savannah
Thought I was the only one around here! ^_^ (*cough*SeiferxSquall*cough*)

*COUGH*auronxseymour*COUGH* ^____^;;;;;;

TheAbominatrix
07-07-2003, 02:09 AM
I am now tramuatized for life *goes to cry in her locker*

Intrepid
07-07-2003, 04:41 AM
-Throws a coughing fit.... Auron and Seymour... finishes coughing... wheezes....- O_o

Savannah
07-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid
-Throws a coughing fit.... Auron and Seymour... finishes coughing... wheezes....- O_o

*LOL!* I hate, hate, HATE Seymour... Auron deserves better- which is why I can't see him with any of the other male characters in FFX, despite being avidly yaoi-supportive (even to the point of semi-heterophobia).

Ultima Seraph
07-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Savannah
*LOL!* I hate, hate, HATE Seymour... Auron deserves better- which is why I can't see him with any of the other male characters in FFX, despite being avidly yaoi-supportive (even to the point of semi-heterophobia).

The only one I could see him with is Seymour, sadly enough. (Well, I like it, but yeah... o____O;; )

~cuddles Seymour~

Scandalous
07-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
XD Umm... no.

Lol the chances of them getting toghter is the chance of Wakka, Seymore and Kimahri getting married with each other ^.^ :D

Although in our screwed minds that has a possibility of happening.

I remember reading a rikku and auron fanfiction once, and it sickened me to no end that i had a burning desire to run from the room screaming about some sick annoying brutal bitchy :skull::skull::skull::skull:ed up dude who thought it was absolutly hilarious to post fanfiction on an (as some guy on this thread said, forgot his/her name) impossible couple. That's all I'm saying.

Auron and seymour? x_X I won't even begin to comprehend it.

Ouch!
07-11-2003, 02:46 PM
Yaio is not my bag.
Yuri I'm okay with.
Straight is all fine and dandy, my favorite of the three.
But impossible character relationships make me want to puke, not more than yaio though.

m4tt
07-11-2003, 03:46 PM
I just love it how everyone calls Auron an "old man". He's only 35 for goodness sake. That's not even middle aged.

And Auron x Rikku = No. It's obvious that he is annoyed by Rikku most of the time.

SirenGriever
08-10-2003, 03:14 AM
It's obvious that he is annoyed by Rikku most of the time.

I'd have to agree about that, besides the fact that Auron is dead and Rikku's only a teenager. I just can't see it happening.

alcatraz-ette
08-22-2003, 07:30 AM
geez, i don't see why everyone's so against them. i, for one (excluding Savannah), am all for the couple. they're cute together, and opposites do attract. And if you people are so shallow to call it quits due to a dumb reason like the age diference then that's absolutely pathetic. age doesn't matter, when you fall for someone you can't stop it. so don't be so friggin judgemental.

TheAbominatrix
08-22-2003, 07:35 AM
For one, there's no reason to call people names. For two, people have stated plenty of other reasons other than age, and regardless, is their opinion and they are entitled to it, as you are to yours. Dont be rude just because you dont agree to someone.

alcatraz-ette
08-22-2003, 07:47 AM
eh? sorry if i came off as rude. but i dunno, it just annoys me when people cut out couples due to age.

but, yeah i understand when auron's... disability gets mentioned. but hex, it can't hurt to hope.

Tanith
02-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Age, nah. But there is something definately creepy about Auron and Rikku. It just doesn't sit right with me. Tidus and Rikku would work. Even Wakka and Rikku would be more conceivable.

Paine and Auron? Haha, clash of the ego's....

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
02-26-2006, 08:01 AM
impossible

Death Penalty
02-26-2006, 10:50 AM
It happened in real life.
Auron Rikku
Quentin Tarantino Shar Jackson

Tanith
02-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Quentin Tarantino...like Auron? But he talks like a homosexual and has a foot fetish. Auron doesn't. Or perhaps he does, but just in the privacy of his own...er... wherever people like him 'hang'. Haha

FadedDreams
02-28-2006, 02:07 AM
first i jus wanna say i luv that website too! lol anyways yeah actually they were really cute in the thunder plains but honestly i can see lulu and auron together. rikku....nah.

Yuffie514
02-28-2006, 06:17 AM
so, there's an age gap in my relationship too, but while Auron is old enough to be Rikku's uncle - my years don't add up even close to 10++ years...

DeathKnight
02-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I like it, Auron can protect Rikku and and Rikku can be painfully cute with Auron, lol the age is the only thing that kills it. Now if Auron was 24 or so the it'd rock.:cool:

Crossblades
02-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I can't picture this in my mind, so no

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Can't see this happening. Auron is too uptight to get into a relatioship and besides...Rikku would annoy the hell out of Auron.

Death Penalty
03-01-2006, 01:19 AM
I like it, Auron can protect Rikku and and Rikku can be painfully cute with Auron, lol the age is the only thing that kills it. Now if Auron was 24 or so the it'd rock.:cool:
The only thing that kills it is it doesnt work. I used to ahve no problem wit da pairing but the amount of people who write it now is fuckin ridiculous.

rubah
03-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey guys, this thing was from like, 2003.

Also, Aurikku is quite possibly the cutest thing ever.