PDA

View Full Version : Your progress

Sanguine Sy'ht
06-22-2003, 01:39 AM
For anyone out there lucky enough to be a beta tester....I'd like to here about your character choices and progress in the greatest game ever made.

Sanguine
Elvaan Warrior Lvl 8 as of the 21st
Theif lvl3

I have completed several quest...I am amazed by the sheer size of this game,,,it makes EQOA look small(oddly I have not plat that game since beta hit my doorstep...go figure).It seems everytime i turn my back I find another quest.I do think the exp loss sucks ,mostly when you lose a level because of it.They had to do something to penalize you for dying though.
I have not even grouped yet...prolly wont for a while.I realize this limits my ability to level up as fast as others,but it lets me enjoy the game my way,MORON FREE.
so lets here it....what have you done?what are your opinions?:evilking:

Jolie
06-22-2003, 10:13 PM
*waves*

I just started playing on Thursday and I have to say -- I'm blown away, it's so good.

There are a few things that I would -love- better documentation on. (The party system, for instance, seems a little complicated initially unless you know what you're doing)

I'm playing a large Elvaan warrioress in the Tarutaru city of Windhurst, which is fun as heck because I've got about a million little peanut people running around my feet. I feel like I have to watch where I step. :)

I've solo'd and quested and grouped, and I must say the grouping was the most -fun- part about it. We had two groups allied to take on a mission for our realm, and having 30 people take out a heavy monster makes it a heckuva lot easier. Grouping is definitely not the fastest way to level, though, at least initially. (A group of two might be the exception, since you're only splitting the XP 2 ways and can take on more and tougher opponents)

The first quest I undertook in the city required me to run around talking to every NPC in one section of the city. The rewards were nice (250 gil and a magic hat) and it gave me a chance to get to know where things were and pick up about 15 more quests to boot.

The scenery is flat out gorgeous, the music addictive and the players that I've met are really fun. :) So far, I'm hooked.

Jolie

Rostum
06-23-2003, 10:38 AM
I say the beta tester post some pics. ^_^

Jolie
06-24-2003, 08:57 AM
http://www.noderunner.net/~jolie/eilen2.jpg

This is an airship coming in for a landing in Port Windurst, home of the Tarutaru people. :)

pag.xero
06-24-2003, 12:29 PM
You guys got the bet kit already?? mine hasnt come in the mail yet :(

pag.xero
06-25-2003, 02:21 AM
ran to my mailbox today and stumped again!, c'mon guys how come you got your kits already!?

Sanguine Sy'ht
06-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Well i'll be hitting level 12 warrior today,maybe ill start up my red mage job class....too bad people didnt understand the signet option cause i have no more crystals to work on my blacksmith skill and until faction is fixed none of us will get any.
As for how it came...I got my Beta kit via UPS...so if u send a mail to the beta people and ask for a routing number ...you can check where it is Pag.xero...that is if they release that number to you and i do mean IF:evilking:

alxndr
07-03-2003, 10:11 AM
LV60 Whight Magic LV35Black Magic,
plus all jobs you can find in the game.
I just finished the quest to proceed form LV60 to LV65.
How long I have been playing this game? 12 month~lol

http://www.utdallas.edu/~pxc012500/jessica/jessica.jpg

Sanguine Sy'ht
07-04-2003, 03:09 AM
very nice,heh as of now i'm only plotting my real characters path out.Since i'm pretty much just buying time till it's released statside.As i see it,all my posturing to be a darknight was in vain.I most likely will become ninja at 30...then at 20 ninja become a samuria so i can dual weild(via ninja dual weild at10).Again I only have faqs on these quests so you never know.One thing remains....THIS GAME RULES!!!!:evilking:

Shayo
08-12-2003, 11:24 PM
hmmmm i cant wait till i get it boy it sounds fun alot funner then EQ and EQOA i bet. exactly when is it comming outin the US and Canada?

Lionx
08-13-2003, 12:27 AM
I thought posting pictures on the net will violate the NDA agreement and therefore null your beta. Thats why www.ffxionline.com has a secluded area only for beta testers. So i dont want to be a jerk but i just dont want anyone to lose their betas just in case k?

I partied and got mission 4, i soloed but i love partying and as lvl 13 you have to party. As WHM you have Tells here and there saying i want YOU to be in my party and i sorta get dragged around....but if they are going the same area like the maze to lvl up i usually bring up alliances with a 12 man alliance and mob the monsters.

Done tons of quests, i love it. I just wish more of my friends are playing even thought i already have TONS of people on my friends list on the first week alone. Linkshell is cool, the little group that helps whoever that needs it. But i just find the messaging hard...dunno what to do to add ppl on Friends List but ppl msg me so all i do is reply to add them :) EQ SuX0rz

Krystic_WLA
08-13-2003, 02:52 AM
hey lionx

i met him the other day online lol

Anyways im lvl 13 THF as of August 12....to lazy to write anyting else, the game is great!

Sanguine Sy'ht
08-14-2003, 01:41 AM
Well as of today I am 23 warrior/10 monk...I have my chocobo...and a full set of 24 chainmail,as well a mixed set of 30 armor.30,000 gil in my pocket.From what i hear Dragoon/Samurai/Ninja are beign patched into the beta soon...but that is just a rumor.If so I shall be Dragoon as soon available.Any of you that needs help in Selbina with the sub-job quest,send me a tell,I would be glad to help you.Trust me getting the magiked skull can be very annoying.If I am around I will help you.
Sanguine
:evilking: