PDA

View Full Version : "Capture it!"

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
06-22-2003, 04:47 PM
There was a thread before in which Gau asked for help in using the "print screen" button when you're viewing stuff in Windows Media Player. I can't find it anymore :(

So, any of you guys know how to capture screenshots from movies in Windows Media Player and save them as JPG's? Usually when you do it, you just get a black space where the image of the movie was supposed to be. Any ideas on making the image come up will result me loving you forever.

MecaKane
06-22-2003, 05:35 PM
If you have <a href="http://www.virtualdub.org/">virtualdub</a>, you can take screen caps of the videos by pressing ctrl+1 and then pasting it into paint or somesuch. And then, with vdub, you can encode your own files to save space, and that's spiffy. :cool:

Ellay
06-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Here's that thread you were talking about...
*printscreen* (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25073)

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
06-22-2003, 06:13 PM
I love you both. Thanks a lot.

Spatvark
06-22-2003, 08:31 PM
You ought to have two different versions of Media Player; teh fancy-ass skinned one and the incredibly simple one. Simply open them both up, and position the one you want to capture the picture of on the layer behind the other Media Player. To clarify, I do not mean cover up the first media player, but to have it where you can see it, but not be the active window. If you understand that, then you're pretty much sorted. Just hit print screen and paste into your graphics program =P

m4tt
06-22-2003, 08:49 PM
Ah, i was looking for that thread as well. :D

crono_logical
06-23-2003, 02:09 AM
Actually, two of any media player will do, since only one can use that special DirectX layer at any time, so simply put them both on the same frame to be captured and printscreen one - if that doesn't work, then the other should :p No messy window positioning fiddling involved, and easier than the DirectX fiddling solution I put in that other thread :p

Or yeah, VirtualDub is easier if it's an AVI you're screenshotting :p