PDA

View Full Version : Is ffx better then ffix??

Phoenix729
06-22-2003, 09:52 PM
No, it is not. Although ffxi was not the greatest ff ever, ffx doesn't even come close to matching it.
ffxi did have some irritating characters and story line plots, but all ffx's characters were annoying and the whole story line was rubbish.

crono_logical
06-23-2003, 02:23 AM
It depends if you like online games or not. I hate ORPGs, so for me, FFXI is crap, regardless of the graphics or whatever else it has. Except some of the tracks of the soundtrack, anyway :p

Or am I detecting a lack of knowledge about roman numerals from you and you actually meant ffix or FF9? :p

HOOTERS
06-23-2003, 04:53 AM
I'd say he's talking about FFIX, in which case yes, FFIX is better than X.

Timbit
06-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Yep definently.

IX > X

Yup.

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2003, 10:19 AM
For me, X far surpassed IX. I just couldnt stand it. Too many random battle, idiotic and highly cliched plot, annoying characters that looked like eight year olds with big heads. When I played IX, I got fed up with the decline in FF and promised to myself that if X sucked, I would give up on FF forever. Luckily I loved it, so I'm still a loyal FF fan. But that's just me. Matter of opinion and all.

m4tt
06-23-2003, 02:48 PM
I liked FFIX a lot more than I liked FFX. The graphics might not as been as good as FFX's, but they were the best the Playstation had to offer. I liked the characters, and the story and the music a lot more too. Plus I've played FFIX 6 times now (on my 7th), I've only played FFX twice. I can only go through that laughing scene so many times. x_x

*edits the title*

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Yeah, that laughing scene is pretty bad... ew.

And graphics dont matter much to me. It's just the character designs in IX. Dude... they looked horrid. I disliked VIII too, but it still had better looking characters *nodnods, goes to bed now.*

m4tt
06-23-2003, 03:06 PM
I liked the designs in IX. More cartoonish, and fantasy-ish. I did not like the characters in VIII, way to realistic. But whateva.

X's character designs were fine, a mix of real and fantasy. But I still think IX's was better. :p

Blathnaid
06-23-2003, 04:37 PM
FFIX or FFX?

Hmm... well, to me, FFIX was better than FFX. I really hated how there was no overworld in FFX (unlike every other FF) and that really limited exploration for me, not to mention made things a hell of a lot linear. I enjoyed aspects of both games, such as IX's wierd designs and one of the longest sidequests I think I've ever done (some of those chocographs were kinda vague), and X's nifty battle system, and some pretty difficult arena monsters.

But, IX still reigns over X for sure. I just think they could've done X a little better.

*phew* Ok. I'm done posting.

Phoenix729
06-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Agreed (and yes, i did in fact mean 9 not xi)

§håd0w
07-02-2003, 10:11 PM
ffix is a better than ffx. ffx is better than ffxi. and ffxii...we'll have to wait and see. rumor is that its coming out on ps3 in late 2005, early 2006

Kurohime
07-03-2003, 12:21 AM
FF9 rules! WHeEEEeEeE!! ^_^

Hehe, well I definitely like FF9 more than FF10. Then again, I like FF9 more than any other game I've ever played, so there's not much that really compares to it in my eyes. :) I guess there was just something about it that really, REALLY appealed to me.

I guess it could be its "personality." You know, the way a game kinda feels as you play it. Call it childish or whatever, I don't think it's any of that. I thought it was very fun, friendly, and also multi-layered. It could be as deep or as simple as the player wants it to be.

Everything from the music, to the characters, to the artwork, and especially the story... I loved it.

FF10 just didn't feel as fresh as any of the other games felt. Even FF8 and FF7 had a bit more fresheness in the characters than FF10 did. Anyway, that's just me. ^_^

edczxcvbnm
07-03-2003, 12:41 AM
FFIX was better. FFX everyone could eventually learn all the same stats and skillz. On top of that the Level gaining system was BS. Instead of gaining all 7 stats at the same time we are going to split them up into 7 different levels and put you on some retarded path so you can choose if you want to learn them or not. Then there is the plot which is the type of plot I really don't like. Corrupt religion blah blah blah. Nothing wrong with stuff being cliche but I just hate that stupid :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing story.

Shoyku
07-03-2003, 12:47 AM
I enjoyed FFIX more than FFX, although FFIX is shorter, it pertained more to the Final Fantasy roots. I liked that.

Magai
07-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Hells no FFIX, owns FFX, the characters are way cooler, the chocobo side quests are one of the best in the series, Treasure hunting is so fun, the setting and mood is cool, the music is better in my opinion. Zidane would whipp Tidus's gay ass in a fight, and he's a better thief than Rikku. FFIX is just t nice.

TheAbominatrix
07-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Must you call everything 'gay' constantly? For one, it may offend people (though it's just annoying with me) and two, you could at least give some good reasons instead of just saying 'sucks sucks sucks' constantly. Please.

Kuja's Baby Girl
07-05-2003, 11:29 PM
for me x way surpasses ix...i really hated that game....the ending was stupid too...x however is really cool...the graphics, the storyline, everything about it....the only good thing about ix is KUJA!!!! He is really cool and very cute :love:

Paleghost
07-24-2003, 11:35 PM
i agree with TheAbominatrix. I have a few gay friends and i get really offended when people use the word "gay" to exsplain something they do not like or enjoy.

and yes just saying sucks to everyhing is stupid.. back it up.

Magai
07-25-2003, 12:51 AM
FFIX may not have been the best FF of the series but I'd play it ANYDAY over FFX. The plot was much more interesting, the chharacters we better even if they did look like disconfiqured doll, but that's nothing to X's creepeir and by far more worse cast, in fact the only thing X has over IX is the battle system.

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 01:05 AM
yeah. but the battle system sucked. thats why x-2 is going back to the active system, instead of conditional based

Paleghost
07-25-2003, 01:31 AM
am i the only one who enjoys taking his time in battles? =/

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 01:42 AM
o i enjoyed it. i just didnt like it, cuz if u did certain commands, it would take like 2 or 3 turns away from u.

robfinalfantasy
07-25-2003, 03:13 AM
I would say that they are equal. The following are solely MY personal opinions on what made the game good or bad.

FF9 Positive:
Character portraits on main screen of menu.
Non-customizable as far as commands.
More spells.
Revival of "Classes".
Revival of the crystals.
Non-limit Blue Magic spells.
Signature weapons that increase attack.
More medieval feel.
Four playable characters at one time.
Revival of Ramuh.

FF9 Negative:
Characters looked somewhat childish.
ATB meters were slow.
Quina's random damage dealing forks.
Clichéd "Romantic" theme.
No shields.
Unable to unequip weapons.

FF10 Positive:
Graphics
Storyline
Option to switch characters during battle.
Revival of the option to switch arm gear during battle.
Voices
Ample variety of items.
Able to make your own ability.

FF10 Negative:
Lack of spells.
Lack of Aeons. (Where are Leviathan and Phoenix?)
Weapons and armor do not naturally increase stats.
Three playable characters at one time.
Lack of sufficient elementals. (Winds, Earth, Holy, Poison anyone?)
Lack of other armor.
Save points refresh your party. (I liked the idea of stocking up on potions and tents for a long journey.)
Free to stay in an inn.
No card game.

Note: Holy was not Holy elemental. It was just a very strong non-elemental magic attack.

Kijuna
07-25-2003, 06:13 AM
Of course FFIX is better than FFX. That's like comparing a draft to Ramuh.

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by robfinalfantasy

FF9 Negative:
Characters looked somewhat childish.
ATB meters were slow.
Quina's random damage dealing forks.
Clichéd "Romantic" theme.
No shields.
Unable to unequip weapons.

dont forget trance

Imperia
07-25-2003, 02:13 PM
I thought both stories were good, but FFIX seems to be the more underrated one, and I don't think it deserves that at all. People just hate it just because of the animation and its so-called "poor character developement." FFIX was more happy for me. I like happy stories.

Yunaknight
07-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Ten is the best one along with seven 9 boared the hell out of me