PDA

View Full Version : This is the biggest disappointment ever

Inuyasha23
06-22-2003, 10:32 PM
This is the worst FF game ever made. I never even beat it. my brother beat it in a week. and Tidus is the biggest @!#$ing weakling in the world. the boss was an even wimp. wtf was the point. now Sephiroth he was a boss.

PhoenixAsh
06-22-2003, 10:57 PM
While I almost agree with you (I think IX takes the title of worst FF from X), I just can't support Sephiroth as a bad guy. Jenova on the other hand...

Jalbrean
06-23-2003, 02:11 AM
You're not going to like every FF. Just don't play it and here's a thought don't whine. ;p

Clin-ton
06-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Here here, if you compare every FF to FF7 in some way they are going to lose, each FF tries something new and if you do not like it tough. FFX is not that bad anyway, a little too easy maybe but the world was pretty, the minigames and sidequets were fun, most characters were cool and well it was FF which is good enough for me.

Bahmant zero
06-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
here's a thought don't whine. ;p

hmm thats a stupid comment, i know in your view people are not allowed to talk about disliking something, but thats comment was just pointless.

anyway, i do agree this is one of the worst ff games, slightly above MQ, but not very much. the story is sub-par, the characters poorly and underdevolped with little reason going into most of the actions, the game is unarguablly linar, and rikku drives me nuts, repeativly whinning "yunnie" while over waving her arms *shudders.* this game makes square seem ashamed of final fantasy, and have foggotten there history. for shame. tidus was not a hero, he was an annoying whinning wimp, i dont see much rpg in it, the game itself consists of a longgggggg straigt road fighting all the way, and knowing the story the hole time with no real towns or FUN mini-games to speak off.

Psychotic
06-23-2003, 06:42 PM
This isn't the biggest disappointment ever, that is the time when I was 4 and I was supposed to be going to the fair but it had closed.
But FFX was disappointing, I'll give you that. But not as bad as missing out on a fair, that's just evil.

Blackmage
06-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Disappointing? Bah, not so. There are so many other things that are much more disappointing...

- Devil May Cry 2.
- FF: The Spirits Within
- FFX-2's Soundtrack
- FFX-2 (Out of what I've seen so far...:()

...I just can't think of any right now... But, I do know that FFX was not disappointing; after all, it was Square's first full-featured FF on the PS2, perhaps because of the mediocre nature of FFX, they'll make FFXII the best darn game ever.

PhoenixAsh
06-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Funny when I posted probably over a page of things about FFX that sucked it recieved no contesting at all. Actually I've probably done that three or four times now with no arguements.
I agree with Bahmant zero about letting people whine, this is a forum dedicated to FFX, and it'd be pretty dull if it only contained people who were devoted to praising the game.

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2003, 01:08 AM
You have to accept that some people have different opinions than you. So you think... let's say, that the letter x sucks. You have plenty of facts to support why you think it sucks. But I, on the other hand, love the letter x. I have facts... or heck, lets say I dont have any facts at all... as to why I love the letter x. It doesnt matter, because it's my opinion.

If you guys dont like FFX, that's perfectly fine, but I agree with Jalbrean. For the love of God, stop whining about it. We hear the same people say over and over that it sucks. State your opinion, make yourself heard, and then let it go. Focus on the FF's you like and support them rather than bad mouthing a game all day.

PhoenixAsh
06-24-2003, 01:15 AM
Well I'm pretty sure that was Inuyasha23's only post on the subject, and I only post in context or because I suspect Square of evil doings when it comes to some of FFX's features, so it's hardly whining, or bad mouthing a game all day.

FFVIII might get a fair bit of repetitive critisism, but even then I don't think it's done that often without being in context.

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2003, 01:24 AM
I wasnt refering to him.. just to the ones that do it more often. I know, because I try and restrain myself from bashing VIII and IX constantly, out of respect for those that may enjoy them. Though I do heckle IX just to get a rise out of Gau sometimes, hehe.

All I'm saying is, present your facts once or twice, then let it go. There's not much you can do, Square isnt gonna go back and change the game. Dont put too much energy into badmouthing things that people love. Unless its Britney Spears. Then you can talk until her fans cry.

PhoenixAsh
06-24-2003, 02:05 AM
I post repetitively about X's flaws so that I can reveal Square's evil attempts at world domination to the people. I plan on building a statue of myself in commemoration.

As for Britney I'll defend any criticism of her just in case it gives Avril Lavigne any sort of satsifaction.

Bahmant zero
06-24-2003, 10:16 AM
if people dont whine about squares games, how can they ever improve them if they dont know what not to do and what people dont like and so forth.
Anyway, everyone is entitled to dislike or like final fantasy, so who are you to tell them to shut up if they dont? with all this blind fanage to square they'll never learn from there previous game mistakes.

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2003, 10:21 AM
1. Square doesnt come here and read this.
2. As I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. As I am entitled to voice mine about the extreme annoyance of hearing tons of people whine about each FF that comes out.
3. Yes, I'm a blind Square fanatic, which is why I hated IX and VIII. They told me to, its to throw you off their tracks.

§håd0w
07-01-2003, 10:08 PM
the biggest disappointment was ff8. square got lucky with ff7, so everyone was hyped up for 8... and it sucked

Magai
07-03-2003, 05:39 PM
FFX sucks ass, It isn't Worthy of haveing the name Final Fantasy in it. The characters suck, the plot sucks, Sphere grid sucks, the chcocobo quest suck ass, a lot of side quests are gay like making all you characrertes soooo strong that they can beat like any eneymy in ONE hit. I mean 1. Provides no fun at all being all powerful. Seymour is one of the most gayest villians ever, he's a disgrace to the guados dammit.

Bahmant zero
07-03-2003, 08:16 PM
i agree, and the map designs where sub par, thatsa nice way of saying crap. the graphics was okk, but the layout was rubbish, magai covered everything else.

chocoboy
07-03-2003, 08:48 PM
FFVII: ugly. ace story.
FFX: Pretty. crap story.

Square was too busy playing with the swirly ps2 graphics to put a decent story in. Its all about spheres because they could make nice looking circles. It had a lot of water because they could make pretty water. FFVII had little fancy water effects and even less circles.

What wrong with being able to kill things in 1 hit? I do that all the time. *chops random monster*

Ultima Seraph
07-04-2003, 02:14 AM
The boss fight was so-so... it was easier than most, yes.

But Sephiroth in FFVII, not KH, was a cinch to beat.

kun
07-04-2003, 02:33 AM
yea i agree that square lack abit in ffx, i think they really lost the element of final fantasy. but ill say ff9 is not crap. atleaste it more enjoyable then 8 and 10. it brings back most of the stuff that ff7 and ff8 was missing. therefore saying ff9 is the one of the best in the series

Savannah
07-05-2003, 02:35 PM
I thought the FF7 storyline was more or less just like every anime plot I've seen duplicated a thousand times, and FFX's was much more refreshing. Also, between FFVII, FFVIII, and FFX, X's characters are the ones I like the most. Yuna is the first leading lady that I don't wish death upon. I don't like ANY FFVII characters, and the only FFVIII character I liked was Seifer (Squall had to go and ruin himself by getting with Rinoa).

So, y'know, everyone has different opinons. I like FFX more for its mystique and maturity (there weren't NEARLY as many stupid comments made) and its fleshed-out characters, but I can see why someone would like FF7 or FF8 more for the plots and battles (maybe I just haven't made it to the hard parts of FFVII yet, but FFX was much tougher for me, so far- I've been stuck at Sin's nose for months, as a matter of fact).

Kuja's Baby Girl
07-05-2003, 11:22 PM
well i am going to say that ffx was really the best ff i have played....ff-ix is really the worst ff out

Shlup
07-06-2003, 08:18 AM
I just don't get why so many people favor Sephiroth. :rolleyes2

I actually thought Seymore was white similar to him even. And Tidus was way less boring/annoying then most of the lead males.

Bahmant zero
07-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Savannah
I like FFX more for its mystique and maturity (there weren't NEARLY as many stupid comments made) and its fleshed-out characters.

more fleshed out characters? how do you mean that, grpahics wise, yeah but devolpment wise they where poor, by far some of the poorest devolped characters ive ever seen, and its for that reason i hate the charactors in ffx, with exception to tidus and rikku who i find just annoying.

eternalshiva
07-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Clin-ton
Here here, if you compare every FF to FF7 in some way they are going to lose, each FF tries something new and if you do not like it tough. FFX is not that bad anyway, a little too easy maybe but the world was pretty, the minigames and sidequets were fun, most characters were cool and well it was FF which is good enough for me.

lol I agree ;p The sidequests rocked and the love story *sigh* so cute. And it IS a FF.

It was a bit disapointing but it was put out just as the PS2 came out... a lot of the early games are super sucky but they are improving! I just hope and pray that FFX-2 will be better and that you can actually get around on the map.That was dumb, not being able to explore the world on your own with the Godzilla affect lol

Tidus was super annoying I was always like

*I get it, you hate your dad and life sucks! get over it whinny brat*

but overall it had FF components in it that were just more simple. I think the game could of been longer (story wise) and that you should of had more freedom... The ship part, which is usually always AWESOME disapointed me cause you still couldn't go where ever you wanted. But I agree that the scenery was georgeous and the Movie section was awesome. The monster battle arena rocked

*stupid NeSlug! I will beat you !* *screams*

and the little games were fun.

Overall it gets a YAY and ACK from me ;p

:love:
- e

aeris2001
07-06-2003, 05:35 PM
r u sure u hate ff X? or r u just annoyed that penenance keeps whiping your ass??? lol

nah just my little joke. i do rank ffx as my third fav (after7 and 6) but we r all allowed an opinion. even though i criticise the hell out of ff8, which i consider by far the worst, i still love it. i havent played a ff game that wasnt at least excellent (mystic quest isnt a true ff by the way) and these sorts of bitching has 2 stop. if u dont like it..why come 2 the ffX forums?

§håd0w
07-06-2003, 06:20 PM
penenance isnt in the stateside release bro. only in japan

PhoenixAsh
07-06-2003, 08:24 PM
And Europe hehehe.

I agree characters weren't fleshed out. They actually were slightly less dimensional than the ones in FFVIII I thought. A couple were fairly decent, but most just made up numbers and fitted cliches.
Yuna on the other hand got a ridiculous amount of attention despite having no personality at all, and being a moron.

Savannah
07-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Bahmant zero
more fleshed out characters? how do you mean that, grpahics wise, yeah but devolpment wise they where poor, by far some of the poorest devolped characters ive ever seen, and its for that reason i hate the charactors in ffx, with exception to tidus and rikku who i find just annoying.

Yes, I thought they were very well-developed. They all had very distinct and different personalities, and they all had legit reasons for doing what they were doing, whereas in FFVII (I keep comparing these two, but they're the two I've had the most experience with) a lot of the characters seemed to be just chasing Cloud around, and had very cliche personas (Tifa the sweet girl next door, Sephiroth the crazy villan, Cloud the brave handsome warrior).

Lulu was a great character... Yuna was the first main girl that I didn't want to gut for being loud, annoying, and clinging to her romantic interest. Tidus was the first leading character that DIDN'T know everything, and wasn't the cool stoic young soldier from FFVII and FFVIII. With the exceptions of Wakka and Rikku (they were obvious reincarnations of Zell and Yuffie, but I still love them ^_^), I thought all the characters were pretty well-thought out and original. The only one I really couldn't stand was Seymour.

PhoenixAsh
07-07-2003, 02:02 AM
You've gotta be kidding.

FFVII spoilers Tifa wasn't the sweet girl next door. She was a tough girl who worked in a bar in the slums after having her friends and family killed and hometown destroyed.
Sephiroth wasn't a classic crazy villain, he was an innocent child, who was crushed and manipulated for his entire life. It's debatable whether he did anything wrong at all.
Cloud was not a cliche brave,handsome warrior. He was an insane, confused, failure.

Lulu was great, but dumped after a few hours (she was a pretty cliche black mage IMO).
Yuna sucked in all departments, and was dangerously stupid to the point of risking the fate of the world twice(she was also fairly cliche as a summoner IMO).
Auron was a cliche tough guy, actually made cliche at the loss of plot, as his silence could have easily gotten the world destroyed.
Kimhari was okay, but hardly deep.
The others you mentioned.

§håd0w
07-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
And Europe hehehe.

I agree characters weren't fleshed out. They actually were slightly less dimensional than the ones in FFVIII I thought. A couple were fairly decent, but most just made up numbers and fitted cliches.
Yuna on the other hand got a ridiculous amount of attention despite having no personality at all, and being a moron.

that is shit. us americans get nothing.

Yunalesca
07-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Personally, I enjoyed FFX. The only let downs were Yuna and the story. If the story had more depth, it would've been great. Personally, I though Tidus was one of the best leading males I've seen in a while. He didn't act like the typical tough guy male, and was sensitive, and often had a reckless streak, which caused trouble. He was an open and fun person. I liked him. Yuna wasn't as a good, being the typical sweet naive kid. Lulu kicked ass, there aren't many cold hearted girls in FFX. Rikku was kinda like Yuffie, except she had more depth, having a soft, serious side too. Tye graphics were fresh, and there was a lot in the game. I only wish the story had more depth to it.

Savannah
07-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
FFVII spoilers Tifa wasn't the sweet girl next door. She was a tough girl who worked in a bar in the slums after having her friends and family killed and hometown destroyed.

Tifa was hardly tough. Despite being a good fighter, she's soft-hearted and sentimental, especially when it comes to Cloud. I didn't mean that she couldn't defend herself- all FF girls can do that. But she was the stereotypical sweet-childhood-friend-turned-love-interest, despite what may have happened to her loved ones, which really had nothing to do with her persona.

Originally posted by PhoenixAsh Sephiroth wasn't a classic crazy villain, he was an innocent child, who was crushed and manipulated for his entire life. It's debatable whether he did anything wrong at all.

Lots of villains (FF villains especially) were originally good guys, or weren't really bad guys at heart. I don't personally believe in true evil and I think that even the bad guys think they're justified in what they're doing (most of the time), but Seph had the whole stereotypical I'm-going-to-kill-everyone-because-of-my-inner-turmoil thing going. Very similar to Seymour, one of the few FFX characters I thought were useless and unoriginal.

Originally posted by PhoenixAsh Cloud was not a cliche brave,handsome warrior. He was an insane, confused, failure.

O_o? Did you play the same FF7 I did? Are you talking about the same Cloud that was always voted the leader within the group, the one that all the girls were after?

Lulu and Yuna, I thought, were the first really respectable girls. They had minds of their own, they were in authoritative positions, and they didn't need any of the men in the game to lead them around and provide answers.

Auron was more jaded and closed-off and focused on his goal than he was actually tough. He shouldered all the blame for what happened with Braska and Jecht, and was after redemption for that during his trip with Yuna. I think that his, Yuna's and Tidus's were the most personal of all the journeys of any of the characters.

I agree with Yunalesca that even Tidus wasn't a cliche main character, as much as I hated him. He was flashy and shallow and over-confident in the beginning, one of the few actually flawed main FF characteres.

*pant pant* x_x

PhoenixAsh
07-08-2003, 11:32 PM
FFVII spoilers all through post

Tifa was hardly tough. Despite being a good fighter, she's soft-hearted and sentimental, especially when it comes to Cloud. I didn't mean that she couldn't defend herself- all FF girls can do that. But she was the stereotypical sweet-childhood-friend-turned-love-interest, despite what may have happened to her loved ones, which really had nothing to do with her persona.

She was soft-hearted and sentimental, that doesn't make her weak. She shouldered Cloud's past, her own feelings, her competition from Aeris and probably many conflicting and hard feelings after she died, and the end of the world without ever getting any real comfort until very late in disc two. Being a childhood friend had nothing to do with her persona.
All FF girls can't defend themselves, even ones with weapons, Yuna has to summon giant monsters to protect her, otherwise she's basically useless at self defence (excluding magic and freaking with the sphere grid)

Lots of villains (FF villains especially) were originally good guys, or weren't really bad guys at heart. I don't personally believe in true evil and I think that even the bad guys think they're justified in what they're doing (most of the time), but Seph had the whole stereotypical I'm-going-to-kill-everyone-because-of-my-inner-turmoil thing going. Very similar to Seymour, one of the few FFX characters I thought were useless and unoriginal.

No I meant literally it's debatable whether he can be blamed. As in whether it was him trying to destroy the world, killed Aeris, and etcetera.

O_o? Did you play the same FF7 I did? Are you talking about the same Cloud that was always voted the leader within the group, the one that all the girls were after?

The same Cloud who had to hide his face on returning to his hometown because he was ashamed of being rejected as a SOLDIER, the one who believed he was someone else for a huge part of the game, the one who was weak to the point of nearly being made to kill Aeris until who was it? Tifa saved him?

Lulu and Yuna, I thought, were the first really respectable girls. They had minds of their own, they were in authoritative positions, and they didn't need any of the men in the game to lead them around and provide answers.

Lulu was great, but dumped very quickly.
Yuna didn't have a mind, let alone one of her own. She just repeated that she would defeat Sin, and never considered the consequeces of her actions. Her descisions could easily have resulted in the end of the world twice in the game if her guardians hadn't been around to save her.

Savannah
07-09-2003, 04:43 AM
Ah... since you basically repeated your last post, I'm not gonna reply to that one. :p And this is a futile argument, since you can't convince me that Tifa isn't a useless thrown-in piece of airhead fanservice and I can't convince you that Yuna is justified in her emotions and actions. ^_^;v

Big D
07-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Calm down, people, let's not make this personal.
Constructive criticism and informed debate is one thing, flaming is another entirely.

Savannah
07-09-2003, 03:50 PM
That's why I declared it a futile debate and am backing out. O_o

PhoenixAsh
07-09-2003, 08:04 PM
I didn't flame at all, I replied to specific points with hard facts from the games.

If I'd wanted to be personal I would have pointed out that Savannah hadn't actually got out of FFVII disc one when she had made the comments about Tifa. I simply gave facts about the game.

Though I agree entirely that flaming is pointless and debate is good. I had hoped Savannah was going to be one of the first people to actually defend Yuna with evidence from the game.