PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Yuna or Gunner Yuna???

Rinna Lee
06-22-2003, 11:18 PM
What do you think of Yuna using her guns and her new outfit?

Ellay
06-22-2003, 11:25 PM
I definitely like her better as a summoner. Guns just don't suit Yuna...

Misfit
06-24-2003, 08:19 AM
I like her as both Summoner and Gunner. *Doesn't vote*

yuna~forever
06-25-2003, 11:05 AM
hmm...i agree.i like yuna no matter what she is!YEAH!
but the new outfit just isn't meant for her....i mean it's not suitable for her personality.......
but overall,she'll still yuna! :)

Greeneyes
06-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Yuna is definitely cooler as a Summoner.

I've always felt that the ability to summon aeons is much cooler than any gun.

Altho' some people deride Yuna as being weak & whiny, I think she is, in fact, the most powerful of them all.

Why? Cos by summoning aeons, she can cause more damage to the enemies than any other character. And during the funeral scene? The way she sent those souls? Too cool for words! It takes a powerful woman to do that. You go, girl!

:love:

Scandalous
06-26-2003, 05:26 PM
I prefer whatever. I don't care.

Okay, I'll elaborate. I like both her outfits; but at first I was shocked/surprized/angry/annoyed/pissed off at the sudden, and let me tell you, DISGUSTING change of hers that is likely to make any girl puke and any boy droolZ much.

:P And that is my two-cents. I just guess it goes to show pigs do, and always will, fly.

Radje
06-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Hmmm, squaresoft obviously didn't realise how much sexism this game would cause. Once and for all people !NOT ALL GUYS PERVE! Lol just thought i'd say that :). I like Yuna as a gunner because although i did like aeons i just think she would suit being more upfront for a while. Oh i dunno, i just liek her whatever she is.

Shuin
06-28-2003, 04:18 PM
I poke for summoner

Rye
06-30-2003, 02:00 PM
I always thought Yuna's new outfit was cool ^.^ I can't really chose... All the Summoner things were cool but I like gunner Yuna too. My favorite has to be singer yuna, but she's not on here.

Radje
07-01-2003, 09:40 PM
*remembers how long it took to draw singer Yuna* Yeah singer Yuna is cool but if i really had to choose it would be Rikku's new outfit, most people think its to....small but i think it suits her, bouncy ^.^

Shuin
07-02-2003, 03:41 AM
Mmm... As I can see singer is not originally wear by Yuna but Lenne. That's why singer dress not appear in here.

Kalel
07-06-2003, 12:49 AM
She looks so sexy now as gunner. But she is without the cool summons. She was cute as summoner too. I wish she can be both, damn.
:grr:

bx5_sport
07-11-2003, 03:27 AM
I didn't really notice she was different... i was just staring at the guns. It's a big change for her but she still looks good. She can sill summon Aeons in a gunner outfit right? Just carry around her staff and gun at the same time.... Oh wait Aeons are gone... opps But hey she can still summon Tidus with a whistle! :greenie:

Shuin
07-11-2003, 03:32 PM
When Tidus became an aeon?

bx5_sport
07-12-2003, 02:06 AM
:whoa: uh... you know what i mean right?

Shuin
07-12-2003, 06:01 AM
Hahaha.. I know :p

Yunaknight
07-28-2003, 09:50 PM
shes just as great either way

Aya Nekoneko
08-01-2003, 01:56 AM
I thought Summoner Yuna was... cute. But still, nothing to write home about. She wasn't my favorite character or anything, I'll give you that.

But Gunner Yuna is just so... cool. I'm a girl here (that likes boys, mind you) and I'm still drooling over her design. She just looks so gorgeous and kick ass. ^_^ And this is purely in terms of looks...

As for her personality (or her strength, whatever)...not sure how it's changed since FFX-2 hasn't been released here yet (I didn't even personally get to play FFX but anyway!).

TakaX2
08-05-2003, 09:40 PM
I like her in both outfits.

I personally choose her new outfit because it's awesome they integrate Tidus' symbol (or is it the Abe's, they never really tell you in the game) into her outfit. And I think summoning was sweet but then again the FMV scene where Yuna flips around in the air while firing and falling back and firing blew me away and made my vote go to new Yuna all the way.

ivory
08-09-2003, 03:42 AM
i absolutely luv her new outfit! but it doesn't suit yuna's personality....defintely. however, since she's wearing that outfit for a good reason...i say "work it girl!".yuna

Silmaril
11-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Summer. but i think the Black Mage is coolest.

SephirothsAngel
11-13-2003, 10:20 PM
I like the gunner outfit. Don't get me wrong I am a girl who likes boys, too but this Yuna seems so much cooler than the summoner one. I don't really know what it is but I think it kind of suits her more grown up personality.

inlineskating29
11-22-2003, 05:42 PM
I definitely like her better as a summoner. Guns just don't suit Yuna...
the only reason u like her as a summoner is cause it was first
if she was a gunner first and know she was a summoner ud be like gunner was better

Vaprice
11-22-2003, 10:57 PM
She is a summoner, she is not a gunner. My god, look at her shes wearing skimpy little clothes and has guns. I means thats hot and all but she shouldve stayed as a summoner. I dont know, but I just dont like her as much now. *paine is cool*

DeBlayde
11-23-2003, 07:32 AM
I rather liked Yuna more as a Summoner, mostly because her body rather suits it. BY WHICH I mean, she hasn't been redrawn with bulkier arms and shoulders to be able to handle the massive hardware she's given in this new incarnation.

Sefie1999AD
11-23-2003, 11:09 AM
I prefer Yuna as a Gunner. The summoner was ugl... I mean, a boring wimp.

Silmaril
11-24-2003, 02:53 PM
now that i think about it...the Gunner is much cooler.
i misspelled Summoner earlier.

Cyn
11-26-2003, 10:50 PM
I voted for better as a summoner. It suits her personality and temperment better, but playing her as a gunner or seeing her in the clothes Square put her in doesn't bother me. Why should it?

Imperia
11-27-2003, 02:34 AM
I like Yuna's summoner gown better, but I like her personality in X-2 better. She's not as nicey-nice as she was, she's happier, more outgoing, more willing to fight, and she more independent.

FInalfantasyfinatic4
11-29-2003, 03:54 AM
as a summoner yuna was tooweak and she was to oquiet. now with the new look (like rikku look.......rikku *in a daze*) she looks more outgoing and sexy atleast thwats my point.

Silmaril
11-29-2003, 01:08 PM
they just needed something which would sell.

inlineskating29
11-30-2003, 05:48 PM
and sex sells and thats sex

Siwolae
12-03-2003, 10:49 AM
I personally like Summoner Yuna better. I prefer her reserved personality then. :( With those new clothes, she seemed a bit too upbeat.

If I was Tidus, I think I would miss the old Yuna look. ^_^;

katana
12-06-2003, 12:52 AM
I always wanted a skip scene option during FFX, because of Yuna's horrible personality. Now I get one, and she's not annoying anymore. But now I can use it on Rikku.:choc:

Silmaril
12-06-2003, 06:06 PM
i think Tidus will L-O-V-E :whoa: +:D the change

Greeneyes
12-08-2003, 05:45 AM
I doubt Tidus would like the change. As a blitzball ace he could have had any girl he wanted to. Many of his adoring fans wear far sexier. I think part of the attraction was that Yuna looked so much more different than what he was used to. Now she looks the same as all the others. Oh, well. All that matters is that they love each other, I guess.

Siwolae
12-15-2003, 02:00 AM
I doubt Tidus would like the change. As a blitzball ace he could have had any girl he wanted to. Many of his adoring fans wear far sexier. I think part of the attraction was that Yuna looked so much more different than what he was used to. Now she looks the same as all the others. Oh, well. All that matters is that they love each other, I guess.

good point. ^_^ i guess you're right especially about the last part.

Silmaril
12-15-2003, 11:39 AM
yeah, but now, he still loves her and she's sexy as hell.

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 09:29 PM
I don't really care either way. She was awesome as a Summoner, but she was too tied down in my opinion. Wakka or Lulu or someone was always looking out for her and she never had a chance to say what she wanted, without them like scolding her or something. I know that they just didn't want to see her hurt but still.
In FFX-2, Yuna's got a much more outgoing and sarcastic personality, which suits her much better. She can say more goofy things now that she could never get away with when Lulu was always around watching her. She has "Spread her wings." (Sorry about the FFX-2 quote lol) But seriously, her clothes are probably just another way of expressing herself. She feels more free now that it's just her and friends her age (who are just as goofy). Plus it was Rikku who gave Yuna the new look, if you've seen the Eternal Calm video thingy.

Oh, and I'm sure that Tidus won't mind the change at all. And I don't mean because she's barely wearing anything, mind you. I mean that he'll always love her for who she is, no matter what she looks like or what she wears. Tidus isn't one of those typical guys that only go for looks. He's one of those respectable guys that can be mature and goofy at the same time. That's the perfect kind of guy. I am forever a supporter of Yuna and Tidus!

Siwolae
12-16-2003, 12:29 AM
again, good points. ^_^ i guess as long as Tidus and Yuna are happy, then we're all happy.

Greeneyes
12-17-2003, 03:29 AM
In FFX-2, Yuna's got a much more outgoing and sarcastic personality, which suits her much better.

Outgoing is alright but sarcasm doesn't seem to suit Yuna. It suits Paine, Lulu & Rikku but I think deep down Yuna is still the sweet type as she was in FFX. I think basically she's just a nice girl who wants to help others.

Actually the US versions of both games have more sarcastic & in-your-face voice-acting then the Japanese versions. The Japanese dialogue was not directly translated as it actually was & a lot of stuff in the US version was actually added to give FFX & FFX-2 (more so in FFX-2) more "attitude" as having an attitude and a free-flow of sarcastic putdowns seems to be the norm in the western media these days. It's almost as if a game won't sell if it did not have an abundance of sarcasm.

Garland
12-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Localization. American culture isn't Japanese culture and never will be. Square shouldn't pretend that it is. Japan has their media-culture and America has its. They're different, and that should be reflected in the translation. I think Square did well. I'm not incredibly far into the game, and I've already found myself laughing out loud several times for the right reasons, because the joke was funny, and not because it was poorly translated/delivered awkwardly.

Inuyasha23
12-19-2003, 03:46 PM
first off let me get everyone mad at me. if your gonna make a sequal to a ff game make it off a good game not x. second i like the guns but whats gonna replace the summoning power?

eternalshiva
12-19-2003, 03:53 PM
umm... the ability to transform into various job classes and her Final Form Floral Fallal? xD Which act like a summon xD

ray
12-24-2003, 03:27 AM
I think she is cool now but i also think the gun is not an RPG weapon

skatehippie
12-30-2003, 03:47 AM
Before I discuss Yuna, I'd like to address one issue about the guns...

I'm confused about how the hell they actually work...
In battle you can get shot and survive, but in FMV's and such, guns are as dangerous as they are in reality? I guess they're magically weakened when in battle...

And as for Yuna...I like the clothes and stuff. It's called character development. She's still frail, still innocent, but at least she don't dress like an old lady.

And her using guns...very unrealistic. You're telling me that in two years she developed the skill that takes some people a lfetime to achieve? She's a perfect shot, and has many abilities beyond that...it just doesn't make much sense. But as always with FF or rpg's...magic is the universal explanation. *sigh*

Imperia
12-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Well, it's a fantasy story, and fantasy stories don't have to be 100% realistic. Whether it's with the characters, or with the story, or with anything else.

Silmaril
01-06-2004, 02:55 PM
if it did make sense and was realistic, it would get a bit.......boring.
imagine if a game was released where we had to teach those characters their skills and techniques realistically. how much time would that take?

Kalel
06-08-2004, 10:18 PM
What Yuna wasn't weak as Summoner. Her summons were the most powerful in any game if you got everyones ultimate weapon which made the summons do 999999 damage plus. I also got Yuna every ability in game and she did more damage than anyone with blm or ulitma as whm. Sorry to say I don't like Gunner Yuna. Yeah she is hotter. But not as deadly as summoner.
I like the seriousness of FF10. FF10-2 is decent game but too much Charlie Angels vice a fantasy game. FF10 is superior to FF10-2

Squall and Rinoa
06-08-2004, 11:02 PM
I can't pick a stronger suit for her, so I would have to say both. Each fit her character based on which game you play. She's down to earth and somewhat timid (I guess) in X, so something along that dress was appropriate.

On the other hand, she gains a sense of adventure while travelling with Paine in X 2, so her newfound sense suits her well in the short skirt. She looks a little too provocative, yet she still has a sense of dignity about her.

Behold the Void
06-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Yuna wasn't exactly covered up in her Summoner outfit you know.

This being said, I'll take Anima, the Magus Sisters, and Bahamut over guns any day.

ALAN
07-04-2004, 02:55 AM
I think Yuna is hot...she's very good looking, as a Gunner in X-2.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-17-2004, 03:25 AM
And her using guns...very unrealistic. You're telling me that in two years she developed the skill that takes some people a lfetime to achieve? She's a perfect shot, and has many abilities beyond that...it just doesn't make much sense. But as always with FF or rpg's...magic is the universal explanation. *sigh*

yeah... Cuz it definitely makes more sense the way Auron handed Tidus a sword, he couldn't even hold it up, and less than twenty seconds later, he had it bouncing in one hand effortlessly, horizontal to the ground......

anyway, the Yuna thing. You cannot even begin to say that FFX yuna was better. It's like she was hauling her grandmother's dead body on her back the whole game, as solemn as she was. there a time to be solemn, but it takes a hearty person to still put up with it 50 hours later... FFX-2 is Yuna without the Sin-Stick up her butt, the REAL Yuna.

Trumpet Thief
07-17-2004, 04:00 AM
Meh, I liked her better as a Summoner.

Rinoa Heartilly
07-28-2004, 01:09 PM
As said earlier in this topic: I think Yuna took up her role as summoner very seriously and therefor we didn't see much of the real Yuna (in the Japanese version you would get a 'hint' at the real Yuna now and then but sadly I could not see this in the english-language version.
But the FFX-2 Yuna isn't the real Yuna either, not yet at least...as her two friends softly point out now and then: Yuna still tries to please to much, and still tries to play the 'genki' part rather than be it...Due to studies I have yet to complete FFX2 but I hope to be able to see her continue evolving, as the two aspect of Yuna 'merge', as I sometimes have the impression that they are beginning to do so.

And last I'd like to say that I believe that Yuna is not the silent girl from FFX, nor the 'sexy' girl from FFX-2...She 's a mix of the two, she is still young and has had a lot to deal with, she is growing wiser and stronger: evolving.

Michiru
07-28-2004, 02:56 PM
if it did make sense and was realistic, it would get a bit.......boring.
imagine if a game was released where we had to teach those characters their skills and techniques realistically. how much time would that take?

True to that, I mean, this is a Fantasy world, ANYTHING can happen.

chu52
07-28-2004, 03:22 PM
On the topic of learning guns quickly,
She had time to think and maybe she is a natural at the gunning, but as a devoted yevvon she never touched one until....

kikimm
07-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Even though I have a liking for anyone who uses guns in these games, I don't like Yuna as mich as in FFX. SHe's more of an amateur Rikku, IMO, and I don't like that. I like the more serious Yuna.

:D

Rand Al'Tor
07-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Ah to each their own eh... as many, I can't decide. I like the sad, melancholic Yuna, but I wouldn't have like dif she STILL was sad melancholic two years after savibg the world. She changed, as people tend to. The new outfit fits her new lease on life. A summoner's robe would be out of character for her now...

Regarding the 'where did she learn to us ethem'... well.... I understood that the Dress-Sphere's give the abilities, so without the dress-sphere, Yuna might indeed be unable to properly aim a gun...

But I'd file that under 'it's a game. Don't think about it'

Yunaffx-2Shrine
08-07-2004, 04:14 PM
She looks ten times better now!!

Rikku-Yunie
08-07-2004, 08:00 PM
I think Yuna is cooler with her new outfit. I think it really stands out that she wants to change. I didnt see anything wrong with it besides the fact that it was kinda odd lookin. :rolleyes2