PDA

View Full Version : any unsolved mystery?

Xu
06-23-2003, 12:50 AM
does FF9 has any?
Say, like FF8's theory R=U?

Big D
06-23-2003, 03:10 AM
Well, lots of people like to contemplate Necron, whose existence was vaguely foreshadowed in the game but came as a surprise to many.
There's also the V=D theory - basically, some people aren't sure whether or not Vivi is dead at the end. Both of these can be interesting to contemplate from time to time, but there are fairly definite answers to both of them, unlike FFVIII's incessant R=U, or FFVII's "Jenova or Sephiroth?" debate.

Xu
06-23-2003, 06:35 AM
mmm... other mystery: Quina's gender... ^^

i think i should join that "Jenova Sephiroth" debate on FF7 place :cool:

Big D
06-23-2003, 06:41 AM
Quina's gender isn't really a mystery: Quina's androgynous, problem solved.

As for the FFVII mystery... there was a wonderfully long thread on it, but I think it's been dead for a while. Still, it'd be nice if somebody could take a new approach...

Xu
06-23-2003, 06:52 AM
Time for androgenine.... it's PAT!!!!!

:D

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Not to get into an argument, because I agree with D fully, but if Quina was one of the other, it'd have to be a guy... sticking to the FF's three female party members per-game. *shrugs*

I dont know anything about IX though.

kali
06-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Also there is the Vivi controversy...

'Vivi' issue ...you know did Vivi die or didn't he...and how did the vivi's children come about etc

ThE dArK oNe
06-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Quina's gender...

s/he

chocoboy
07-01-2003, 07:55 PM
I think Steiner is a girl, theres a picture of her somewhere and she is DEFINATELY wearing make-up.

eestlinc
07-07-2003, 10:25 AM
the unsolved mystery is why you have to settle arguments for those two dudes in daguerro. I hate that.

Flying Mullet
07-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Xu
does FF9 has any?
Say, like FF8's theory R=U?
I'm glad there aren't any big unsolved mysteries. They might be good for a short discussion, but I find that after the first few posts people just reiterate and rehash the same evidence and opinions and it gets old fast.

Deandre
07-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Quina isn't androgynous...
Androgynous = male looking male/female
or female looking male/female

Hermaphrodite = both male and female (physically)

Reina
07-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by eestlinc
the unsolved mystery is why you have to settle arguments for those two dudes in daguerro. I hate that.

If you agree with the guy you get the Flare card... if you agree with the other one I think you get the Holy card

Lord Xehanort
07-31-2003, 06:52 PM
I have 2 unsolved mysteries...

1.) WHERE IS MEMORIA?!?

2.) Where are the entrances into the third chocobo digging place? I have heard that they are shadows on the ground but I can't find them now that I have a Gold Chocobo.

Deandre
07-31-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Ansem
I have 2 unsolved mysteries...

1.) WHERE IS MEMORIA?!?

2.) Where are the entrances into the third chocobo digging place? I have heard that they are shadows on the ground but I can't find them now that I have a Gold Chocobo.

Look at the chocograph pieces, each of them gives clues as to where the shadows are.

Lenne
07-31-2003, 09:44 PM
Quina is definitely male :p , Zidane said it often (I just know our German edition, but Quina is surely male in it, so...)

I've an unsolved problem, too:

What is Vivi about :mog: ? I mean is consistency. It seems as if his head is a big gravit ball :eek: and if it's soft. I wonder if my hand would dispear if I toched him ;)

TheSpoonyBard
08-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Well, lots of people like to contemplate Necron, whose existence was vaguely foreshadowed in the game but came as a surprise to many

Where does it mention him? I've played through I don't know how many times and I've never heard of him til the very end. I've always thought there were only Kuja and Garland because they're the only ones to appear as bad guys.

Big D
08-04-2003, 02:30 AM
Dr Tot and others occasionally mention some ancient power that was so dangerous that it had to be sealed away. I don't remember the details - it's been a while since I played - and they're hints that'd only be meaningful if you'd already played the game once, I think. However, there is a small amount of foreshadowing about Necron.

kwobtchan
08-13-2003, 08:51 PM
Mnn? I thought Dr. Tot was talking about Alexander or Leviathan in most of those lines.

But then again, they are VERY nebulous.

*still remembers Necron popping out the first time and dying and dying and dying...*

lucrecia valentine
07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't think that Quina's gender is that much of a mystery to be honest... :confused:
I mean i know Quina is a man and i can proove it...
The "Extension" item that can be eqipped as an accessory can only be equipped by women...
If you try and make Quinna equip this item, you can see he can't...
This must mean only one thing...
Quina is a MAN!! :)
If you don't like my theory or you would like to share your own ideas on Quina's gender then i would really like to hear from you. Thanx. :choc:

Lucrecia Valentine xXx :love:

Behold the Void
07-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Please don't revive four-year old threads.