PDA

View Full Version : what sucks about ff7 and walkthrough recommondations

fffreak
06-23-2003, 04:56 AM
Just starting this game I can already tell it is a great one but all the items and summons and side quests overwehlm me. The thought of missing something in the game. or what equipment i should equip. where is there a perfect guide i can download? seeing i don't have money is a problem for me in getting the official guide.

I have found that there is a few very annoying things in ff7. what has anyone found annoying themselves and say when you encounter if it is at a certain point in the game.

right at the beginning of the game you find you have to hold cancel to run. what the hell is square thinking?

i dont like being restricted on the materia your able to equip but it makes the game more challenging/annoying so it is kind of justified.

TheAbominatrix
06-23-2003, 05:03 AM
Dont worry, your travels through Midgar is one of the most tiresome times in the game. It picks up.

As for guides, I dont know of any specific ones, but www.gamefaqs.com has always been helpful to me. I hope it does the same for you. Good luck.

razor248725
06-23-2003, 08:37 AM
i've found that there is no walkthrough that is the best. i use like 3 different ones, so i don't miss a thing

Big D
06-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Using walkthroughs will seriously spoil the game for you. Simply going through by yourself, searching and exploring will help you to find a lot of things you might otherwise miss.

There's not much point playing if you already know where to go, what to do, and what to expect.

My advice - ditch the walkthroughs, at least for now. They're good when you've finished the game and just want to find everything, but for now... they'll just turn it all into a waste of time.

Clin-ton
06-23-2003, 09:11 AM
I agree, forget the walkthroughs, only use them for bosses but have fun discovering the hidden things yourself. It will be a lot more satisfiying that way. As for annoyances well there are few that i can say without spoiling the game, well materia being screwed around when people leave the party, it takes a long time to get it back into the perfect order.

Vermachtnis
06-23-2003, 05:07 PM
Yea "gamefaqs.com" is the best place for stratigy guides. But, be warned, like the other's said if you use the guides wrong you will come into mucho spoilers. So do what I do find the place your stuck at and only read that part to aviod getting spoilers.
HINT: The one at the top is most likely your best bet at a good guide.

Rude
06-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Do yourself a favor and play the game without a walkthrough the first time through. See what you can find/do on your own and have fun with it. Then, on your second time around get compulsive and try to find everything in the game with the help of a guide if needed.

nanakixiii
06-28-2003, 12:33 AM
My advice to get much out of the $20.00 you spent for FFVII as possible:

1.) play once, just focus on beating the last boss
2.) do some exploring & leveling up after you beat the last boss using the same save.
3.) start a new game
4.) try to do better
5.) and repeat 3 and 4, and you'll be much more confortable playing with the strategy guide because you know what you're dealing with.

GOLDEN RULE FOR ANY RPG:
1.) DON'T USE STRATEGY GUIDE FOR AT LEAST THE FIRST TIME YOU PLAY.
2.) DO SIDEQUESTS