PDA

View Full Version : Yuffie's Leg

Rude
06-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Ok, I'm unsure as to whether this has been asked or answered before, but I will ask anyway.

Is Yuffie's leg (I forget if it's the left or the right one) a prosthetic limb or is the metal/wood looking stuff just part of her wardrobe.

Big D
06-24-2003, 12:40 AM
I was just about to ask this exact same question.
Her leg looks like it may be prosthetic, and she also wobbles a little when she does her victory-dance spin on it. Pretty good evidence, in my opinion.

But then, it could just be a piece of asymetrical armour - like she wears on her left arm...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-24-2003, 12:44 AM
It's just part of her wardrobe. As if there were any reasonable doubt, it was removed when she reappeared in Kingdom Hearts.

This confusion was brought to you by Tetsuya Nomura's slight ineptitude at the beginning of his career as a Final Fantasy character designer. For more references to this, please see all of Barret's bodily proportions.

Big D
06-24-2003, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I've noticed that Barret's feet are about a metre long. Each of his boots is the size of Aeris' entire head and body.

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2003, 01:44 AM
It's just a stocking... it looks like its made out of thick leather, and held up by garters. It isnt there at all the KH version though, but everyone's wardrobe got touched up in that game.

Too bad, I liked the prothetic leg theory. :cry:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-24-2003, 02:25 AM
Fortunately, Marche's wheelchair-bound little brother in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance poses to finally fill the place we've all been holding in our hearts for cripples in this series.

PhoenixAsh
06-24-2003, 03:32 AM
Err didn't Barret and Dyne already fill that hole?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-24-2003, 03:35 AM
I wouldn't quite call having a freaking GUN FOR AN ARM a disability.

Edit: Oh, man. It would have rocked if Yuffie had had a gun built into her leg like that lady in Gunsmith Cats. *wins*

Max
06-24-2003, 08:11 PM
I always thought it was a piece of armor.(Dont Laugh) :eep:

remi07
06-25-2003, 02:22 AM
I think its just its just half of a fish net attached to a leather thing. I never even thought it could be a prothetic leg.
That would be cool if she had a gun leg! lol

DocFrance
06-25-2003, 03:58 AM
I always thought it was a prosthetic. I also thought that the bracer on her arm was sort of an aid for a weak arm, maybe caused by cerebral palsy (one of my friends has CP in his arm, making the arm almost useless). I thought it would be pretty cool for her to have all these disablities and still be able to become a kick-ass ninja-thief.

IamTidus
06-25-2003, 04:21 AM
I thought she was just really hairy. J/K

I think it's all just armor.

DocFrance
06-25-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by IamTidus
I thought she was just really hairy. J/K

On only one leg? That's a wierd shaving habit there...

chocoboy
06-27-2003, 01:37 AM
A prosthetic leg?

That makes:
2 one armed guys
A mental handicap (Cloud after falling into lifestream)
A corpse
A talking dog
A vampire guy
A guy who wont stop smoking (soon to have lung deficiancy)
A test tube nutcase (Sepiroth)
And now a chick with one leg

Whats wrong with Tifa?
*Oh yeah, orthopeadic underwear...*

Big D
06-27-2003, 04:44 AM
Well, Tifa's unique form would almost require some sort of additional support.

I'm not entirely certain that Vincent is undead, though. This has been an enduring mystery in FFVII, but I personally think Vincent's still a living, breathing Human, albeit one with a few additions from Hojo.

Numisma
06-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Big D
I'm not entirely certain that Vincent is undead, though. This has been an enduring mystery in FFVII, but I personally think Vincent's still a living, breathing Human, albeit one with a few additions from Hojo.

i'd go with that as well. while he probably doesn't have any Jenova in him, he undoubtedly has been "altered" somehow. Hojo's note says so, that he is "scientifically altered."

as for Yuffie, i just saw her outfit and immediately, an image of Pippi Longstocking and her mismatched clothes came into my head.

chocoboy
06-27-2003, 04:42 PM
I just thought he was a vampire because you find him sleeping in a coffin.

zacks_clone
06-27-2003, 06:42 PM
like her 'armor' like thing on her arm,the tan i think is her socks and the red/orange above this is just a diffrent color of this arm armor stuff I feel.And the stumble in her victory 'dance' is probly because she is clumsy...being fairly young still

GrimmReaper
06-27-2003, 08:19 PM
I always thought it was some sort of leg brace. =/

secretninjawarrior
06-29-2003, 01:37 AM
If Vincent's a vampire, how can he be out in the sun? Shouldn't he turn into a pile of dust or ashes or something?

I thought he was just immortal thanks to Hojo messing around with him.

bebi vegeta
06-30-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by secretninjawarrior
If Vincent's a vampire, how can he be out in the sun? Shouldn't he turn into a pile of dust or ashes or something?

please dont speak of vampires again.

Mo-Nercy
07-01-2003, 01:34 PM
Yuffie's pretty weird anyway. I'd expect her to have some other kinda strange element about her which will be uncovered sooner or later

Razorheart215
07-03-2003, 10:04 PM
i thought it was a prosthetic leg & arm aswell

im guessin that its a leg brace like in forrest gump

Max
07-03-2003, 11:03 PM
we need Official Info.

Wightraven
07-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Yuffie just has impeccable fashion sense; leather fishnets and metal garters!

And that thing on her arm is a shield. Shields like that are visible in all sorts of other anime, and maybe even a few games.

As for her falling down all the time? Well, dear Yuffie's a bit of a klutz if you haven't noticed.