PDA

View Full Version : Cheating- FF2

Furo
06-24-2003, 05:35 AM
hello everyone, i was looking through the statistics guide on this website, and my friend was looking over my shoulder, and then he saw the HP gain trick and started using that. and then when i sugested the quick magic leval gain, he went rip on me saying that it was cheating. Arn't they both cheating?

Dragonfire
06-24-2003, 03:08 PM
here's how I see it. The magic/weapon skill trick aka cancel trick, isn't so much cheating for me anymore. When FF2j was only on NES, I thought it was definitely cheating, because it was an exploit of a bug. But, now they included it again in Origins, so I see it as just a cheap way of doin everything, instead of cheating.

When it comes to HP/MP attacking your own guys or using swap, isn't cheating at all, It's just cheap.

SpikingZero
06-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Don't call it cheating, call it taking advantage of a questionable battle system.

Rude
06-24-2003, 06:18 PM
Or call it a really lame way to play a perfectly fine game.

Furo
06-24-2003, 07:44 PM
good point, it is taking advantage of a questionable battle system. And it is not ruining a perfectly good game, i was leveling up (or whatever you call it) and i ran into a moster right next to altar called a "werewolf" that killed me instantly, and i think that if my magic was higher i could have beaten him, but then i spent about 3 hours leveling up my magic, only to get it to level 2 which is still really weak, so i pretty much could have played the game, but i spent all of my time trying to level up. Maybe if i used this "technique" i could have beaten him. But i won't use it too much, i will use it in dire situations. Like against the werewolf. And it is my opinion.

Zifnab
06-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Using tricks - You got a fairly enjoyable, yet slightly tedious game that can be considered a classic.

Without tricks - It's just boring. Plus wouldn't you feel somewhat stupid leveling up the hard way if you knew you could spend the same amount of time leveling up and get something like octruple times more stats?