PDA

View Full Version : FF3 where do i get it?

Furo
06-24-2003, 05:44 AM
i have heard rumors that FF3 is the same as FF6, and then i heard that 2 is the same as 4, but they are different. so are 3 and 6 different? and is 3 availible on PSX? or is it only on an emulator?

Pancaek
06-24-2003, 06:06 AM
No, they aren't quite "the same". They're just different ways of referring to the same thing. If you look on the main site (http://eyesonff.com), you can see that each FF has its own section. If you go into the sections, you can see that the FF's you're wondering about are different. To sum it up, if you don't feel like looking:

FF2 is the one where you don't have levels. The NES version was not released in North America, but it was re-released in North America as part of FF Origins, for PSX.

FF3 is for the NES, and is the first FF where you can change your job. It was never released in North America, so you'll have to get an emulator if you want to play it.

FF4 is the one with the Dark Knight, Cecil. It was released in North America both for the SNES (under the name FF2), and as part of FF Chronicles for PSX.

FF6 is the one with Espers and the green-haired girl, Terra. It was released in North America for the SNES (under the name FF3), and as part of FF Anthology for PSX.

Note that in the case of FF4 and FF6, they really are FF4 and FF6. They were just called FF2 and FF3 because they didn't want to confuse North American consumers. Look where that got us now, though. =P

Zidane_2006
06-24-2003, 06:06 AM
3 and 6 are totally different games. 3 is for the NES(famicom) while 6 is for the SNES (Super Famicom), both 2 different games :) you cannot get FF III for the PSX since it does not exist for that platform, though it was being remade for the Wonderswan Color ( a japanese handheld that never came to the states ) though it was cancelled.

P.S- you can get final fantasy IV and chrono trigger on "Final Fantasy Chronicles", while you can get final fantasy V and final fantasy VI on " Final Fantasy Anthology", and both of these games are for the PSX, hope that helps :).

Inuyasha23
06-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Boring!!!

anyway i love the snes games but i can't believe that the first three games on the nes actually sold. they we're the peak of technology at that time too. but to agree with whats his name 2 is on the nes and 4 is on the snes.(same with three and six)