PDA

View Full Version : Still don't know why...??

hydan
06-24-2003, 01:22 PM
still can't see the point i have to buy a flower from Aeris.
What does it really matter...??
Buy flower/ Don't buy
Give to Tifa/ Give to Marlene
Does anyone know the actual point behind this??

TheAbominatrix
06-24-2003, 01:28 PM
In VII, every choice you make effect your 'affection level' with the other characters. Namely Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, and Barret. For example.

Buy flower +1 to Aerith
Give to Tifa +1 to Tifa
Give to Marlene +1 Barret

These affection levels affect a few things, mainly who you go on the date at Gold Saucer with and how much affection Tifa gives Cloud when they're alone near the end

Edit: I'm trying to dig up an FAQ on this, where it shows what choices to do what to whose affection level.

Max
06-24-2003, 08:19 PM
It brings up the affection points for when u go out on a date at the gold saucer.But so u know.

Aeris=50 points
Tifa=30 points
Yuffie=10 points
Barret=0(Duh!):tongue:

DocFrance
06-25-2003, 04:34 AM
Actually, I think Yuffie starts out at 0 and Barret starts out at -20...

Also, the "affection values" only relates to who goes with you on the Gold Saucer date.

I've seen the dates with Aeris, Tifa, and Yuffie. I thought the one with Yuffie was pretty funny. Has anyone actually seen the one with Barrett? I imagine it is pretty funny as well.

chocoboy
06-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Huh? You can date Barrett? I know it hints at it in the scene the Don.
"Theres this other guy"
That was funny. But seriously, you can do that?

Big D
06-27-2003, 06:24 AM
Yup, it can be done, though I'm yet to do it myself. From what I've read, it's a little different to the other dates - there's no play, and when they're in the gondola, Barret's Theme is playing instead of the slightly more touching 'Interrupted by Fireworks'.
Or so they say...

Numisma
06-27-2003, 09:20 AM
there is a whole checklist of stuff to do if you wanna date Yuffie (obviously the hardest outcome to get. i was going for it but must have not done enough of the things on the list and ended up w/ Tifa. but here it is:

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/ff7/dateyuffie.shtml

Big D
06-28-2003, 04:37 AM
They say that Barret is the hardest date to get. I've got all the others, but I tried to 'score' Barret and failed.

Numisma
06-28-2003, 07:20 AM
well, maybe you could just not get Yuffie until after the date, to increase you chances of getting Barret. say, isn't the main reason Barret's a date possibility is cuz Yuffie is an optional character? but yeah, you're right, he's the hardest to get. HOWEVER, it wouldn't be a real date w/o Cloud saying he wants to know the Princess's measurements.

ThE dArK oNe
06-28-2003, 07:52 AM
I'm too scared to go for barret... ahahah

Big D
06-28-2003, 08:41 AM
...it wouldn't be a real date w/o Cloud saying he wants to know the Princess's measurements.:bgl: I always thought that declaring war on "that knight" was the key...

DocFrance
06-28-2003, 03:23 PM
In the dragon scene in FF8, I thought Laguna was going to have to go kiss the dragon... :p