PDA

View Full Version : FF VII for PC (Audio Problems in battles)

jeffreysig9
06-25-2003, 03:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with a problem I am having. I have FF 7 running on my PC, and everything is working fine except the in-battle audio sounds. The music is there, but the sound effects are missing. If you have any ideas, please post them. Thanks!!

Citizen Bleys
06-25-2003, 03:25 PM
a) Have you applied all of the patches? (There are a bunch in the FF7 section of this site, including an XP patch). I was unable to get FF7PC working in Windows 2000, so I hope you're running 98 or XP

b) Can you run dxdiag (hold down your Windows key and press "r", and then type "dxdiag" in the dialog box that comes up and hit enter)
and post a screen shot of your "Sound" tab? That may provide useful info

jeffreysig9
06-25-2003, 03:50 PM
I am running XP, and have applied the XP patch. Here is the saved text file from the DirectX diagnostic. All tests were passed.Thanks for taking the time to help, I do appreciate it!

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: SB Live! Wave Device
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80271102&REV_07
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: emu10k1m.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.3300 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 8/17/2001 13:19:26, 283904 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0xF5F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 5000, 100000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 64, 60
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 64, 60
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: Yes
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Registry: OK
Sound Test Result: All tests were successful.

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: SB Live! Wave Device
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Driver Name: emu10k1m.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.3300 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Date and Size: 8/17/2001 13:19:26, 283904 bytes
Cap Flags: 0x41
Format Flags: 0xFFF

-----------
DirectMusic
-----------
DLS Path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\GM.DLS
DLS Version: 1.00.0016.0002
Acceleration: n/a
Ports: Microsoft Synthesizer, Software (Not Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal, Default Port
SB Live! MIDI UART, Hardware (Kernel Mode), Input, No DLS, External
SB Live! MIDI UART, Hardware (Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, External
SB Live! Wave Device, Software (Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal
Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
B: SB Live! MIDI Synth [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
A: SB Live! MIDI Synth [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
SB Live! MIDI UART [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, External
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
SB Live! MIDI UART [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Input, No DLS, External
Registry: OK
Test Result: All tests were successful.

Citizen Bleys
06-26-2003, 03:53 AM
Err....crap, I was sort of counting on a DirectX error message or you not having applied the XP patch. I know I've run FF7PC in XP, even without the patch, on a SB Live! Value card and it worked fine.

Best advice I can offer at this point (Unless you can think of some other info that might relate to the problem) is to try uninstalling all of the drivers for your sound card, turning off the power, and moving your sound card to a different PCI slot.

Also try contacting Creative about it. They might be able to help.

jeffreysig9
06-26-2003, 05:12 AM
Thanks. I'm gonna try tweaking with it some more, hopefully the problem will reveal itself somehow. I don't have any sound problems with any of the other games I'm running, so it's gotta be something with the FF7 settings. Thanks again for taking the time with my post, and if any thoughts come to mind, please post them!!

Dr Unne
06-26-2003, 05:27 AM
Do you have the default XP soundcard driver? If so maybe you can check Creative's website and get a driver from there to replace the XP one. Creative's might work better.