PDA

View Full Version : It is worth it?

Shimka
06-25-2003, 04:37 PM
I have never actually played FFVIII, but I have a friend who has it, he is willing to trade it for my FFX after I'm done with it, but is it worth it?

TheAbominatrix
06-25-2003, 04:39 PM
I'd say no. If you're only borrowing, than sure. But otherwise, dont do it.

VIII is fun, I'll give it that. But it's just not a great game. And certainly not worth the price exchange. You can probably get VIII for around 20 dollars American these days, while X would set you back about 50.

Mo-Nercy
06-26-2003, 07:37 AM
FF8 is my favourite game, and it's excellent in my opinion. But if it were me, I wouldn't trade FFX for it, maybe some other game, but the point is I'd rather have both.

So try to weasel your friend into giving it to you, then you just run away.

DocFrance
06-26-2003, 05:28 PM
I got it at a used game store for about $15, and I'd say it was worth about that. Nothing more, nothing less. A good game, but not a great game.

hydan
06-26-2003, 05:35 PM
it's definitely worth the experience...
and some parts of the game are specifically aimed at a female which don't benefit me much but it does appeal to everyone.
FFX frustated me to the point where i've sworn not to touch it for another 2 months least, so definitely go the swap unless yu find FF8 cheap,buy it and solve all your problems.

Legato
06-26-2003, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't. FFX is a great game, but so is FFVIII. As previously said, the price range is too high. Just say you'll borrow his FFVIII for your FFX, but don't actually trade.

Nova Dragon
06-27-2003, 02:59 AM
From a dollar point of view it wouldn't be the best idea to trade for good - there is anywhere between a $20 and $60 difference between the two games (FFX being the newer and more expensive of the two.)

As people have already said - it would be better to just trade temporarily or just buy the game yourself. Personally I would say just buy the game - it is more then worth it.

Squall and Rinoa
06-28-2003, 02:04 AM
Buy the game. It's a great one in the series. Besides, why have just one when you can have both and enjoy both of them?

Both games are great, given the fact that they are COMPLETELY different, but staying with my opinion, buy 8. Don't borrow it.

m4tt
06-28-2003, 04:15 AM
No way is FFVIII on the same level as FFX. Your friend would be ripping you off.

ThE dArK oNe
06-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Keep FFX, and buy a cheap FFVIII.

mystic ice cube
07-03-2003, 02:21 AM
I don't think it's worth it. While both games are good, I say just buy a second hand FFVIII.

Origin
07-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Eh what are you guys on about? FFX is utter crap while FF8 is one of the best games ever. I'd gladly make the trade any day of the week if i didn't already have both, who cares about dollar values? You already bought FFX (unfortunately) and youre not getting your money back, so trade it for FF8 and you save the money it would've taken to buy it.

TheAbominatrix
07-03-2003, 12:40 PM
It's all a matter of opinion. The only thing factual is the monetary amount, so go by that. Simple.

robfinalfantasy
07-23-2003, 11:35 PM
I personally would not trade. Why don't you try playing 8 and then you can decide whether it is worth it or not.

Paleghost
07-24-2003, 10:05 PM
NEVER loan out your games.. even if they are your best friend.. you can never be too careful..

Ki Ki
07-24-2003, 10:56 PM
NO!
I love FF8...I really do.
But to trade it for..FFX?
I don't think so....

§håd0w
08-10-2003, 12:43 AM
i would do it. i liked ffviii more than ffx. but if u buy it, dont get it used. you will have so many problems with it used: FMVs glitch, game freezes, music is wrong or doesnt play at all, fuzzy textures. those were all on the original game, but the greatest hits version might have been fixed. cuz i remember mine was lost in the baggage claim at the airport, so they gave me $$$ i bought it used, and had so many probs with it. but then they found our shit on another plane 3 weeks later, so i ended up returning the used copy. which has nothing to do with the subject. its ur call, ur gonna get about the same amount of gameplay out of VIII as you did X.

Bloodfest
08-14-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
You can probably get VIII for around 20 dollars American these days, while X would set you back about 50.

I think thats how much I paid for it, as it is a "greatest hits" game. Really I'd want to own a copy of both, and since you already have X, I'd just spend $20 and own them both. The trade isn't worth it.

Zild
08-14-2003, 04:19 PM
* is like marmite - you either love it, or you hate it.

Word is, 10 is the same!

My opinion?

Keep 10

Buy 8

Anubos
08-14-2003, 11:13 PM
If you wasnt gonna buy it I would trade. FFX sucked so bad it wasnt even funny, only thing I liked about it was Blitzball, and FFVIII is my fav game of all time so I would.
And money wise I dont know about you guys but arround here, FFX and FFVIII are both 20 dollars, except neither one of them were when i bought them both but I mean now adays it is

Lena
08-29-2003, 01:40 AM
Keep your ffX and buy ff8, simple. That way you keep your game, pride and...your friend.

Breine
08-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Buy FF8... I think it's out in Platinum so it's fairly cheap.