PDA

View Full Version : FF3/6 ROM Editor

Cryih Tuikrdo
06-25-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure whether or not this is allowed here, but..

http://www.planetstorm.net/downloads.shtml

If you have the official FF3/6 ROM (SNES), you can edit it with the editor found on the above page. You can change messages, hero data, items, spells, etc. The only thing you CAN'T edit are the in-game maps. You can edit the world maps a little, but the warp points have to remain the same. It's pretty cool, check it out. ;)

Shinrin
06-30-2003, 10:22 PM
you are not autorized to view this site

Edgar
07-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /downloads.shtml on this server.

wolfmah
07-01-2003, 04:33 PM
The way Cryih Tuikrdo is talking about the editor, it is likely to be Lord J works which as been discuss a lot of time here. Is main site is found here (http://www.angelfire.com/pq/jumparound/index.html).

Xu
07-02-2003, 04:06 AM
you just read my mind, thanks!!!

kiss!:love:

Shinrin
07-02-2003, 05:35 PM
no it's not that one.. but the one he is thinking about is discontinued after it's first release. i have to use 2 or 3 editors to do my FF3 hack Z_Z

wolfmah
07-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Oh, I think I know which one now. Would it be this one (ftp://ftp.wolfmahheaven.net/FF3Edit.zip)? If so, it's true you can do almost everything in it, but for the monster part, I still like better Lord J's editor (it's link is found in my previous post)

Shinrin
07-02-2003, 09:16 PM
yeah but i remeber that ther was more files in with that.. i guess i was wrong. i like the map editor i tried copying the world of ruin over but it didn't work out to well. X_X

wolfmah
07-02-2003, 10:05 PM
yeah, I know there was more, it was the C++ open source code that was with it, but it seem I only have the executable file now.... Sorry, but if you want the source code, you will have to find it somewhere on the web, I don't have them anymore :(

Shinrin
07-02-2003, 10:29 PM
i have the source file on a cd. i'll zip it up and and put it somewhere *geocites is a paine about linking froms sites*

Paine: who just called my name

Shinrin: no one hun.. i said Pain not Paine

Paine: Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

Xu
07-03-2003, 04:19 AM
That ROM editor is pretty good, but when i've changed the things names, i just can't put many letter..
for example: I can't change Ice for Blizzard...
there isn't another editor?

and how about sprites editor? That one in the site is pretty awful also.

GogoTheMimic
07-03-2003, 05:36 AM
I've messed around with the ROM editor but to no avail. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I kinda gave up on it. *shrug*

Shinrin
07-03-2003, 04:00 PM
i usually mess with the text of the game in that editor. I change the size and look of the text.. and add more text in the game.. and it exspands the rom which means you can't cheat with normal cheat codes you have to make one for them