PDA

View Full Version : what is Inno3D?

syun_ukiya
06-27-2003, 03:34 AM
last time I check my computer properties it says Inno3D on Nvidia Vanta NT. Now I've brought my PC for repair and checked it again, now it says only Nvidia Vanta NT. What happend to Inno3D? What is Inno3D?

Spatvark
06-27-2003, 06:16 AM
Inno3D is a card manufacturer. Basically, they create cards and put on otehr companies graphics chips, e.g. the nVidia Vanta NT, or my GeForce 4 MX 440. To be honest, they've fairly unimportant in comparison to the main graphics chip, though Inno3D are rather low down on the spectrum of 3D card manufacturers.

syun_ukiya
06-27-2003, 11:03 AM
how can I put inno3D back in my properties (sorry I dunno what I'm sayin' :p) Is it downloadable?

Citizen Bleys
06-27-2003, 02:06 PM
It's the driver--When you took your computer in for repairs, they probably updated all of your drivers, and replaced an outdated manufacturer's driver with the reference drivers from nVidia.

This is a good thing. Manufacturers' drivers tend to be based on older versions of nVidia's Detonator. You can restore your old drivers by deleting the video card from your System properties (Device Manager) and reinstalling from the CD that came with your video card, but I would strongly not reccomend it.

I myself run nVidia's latest drivers instead of those that came from my video card manufacturer.