PDA

View Full Version : AIM dying?

Rye
06-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Did your AIM ever die and your buddy list with it? I switched from AOL to optimum onlibe and all my AOL s/ns I used on AIM where frozen >.<

I had a older version of my buddylist saved but all my newer people added (which are alot) are gone, and some of them I can't remember.

Has this ever happened to you?

Loony BoB
06-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Aye, that's happened to me before. I'm going to move this to the Help Forum. The problem that I had was all my list died out, and all my buddy groups went back to the default.

I think it was fine once I downloaded the latest version of aim from www.aim.com , so try downloading that and installing it, see if everything goes ahead.

angel
06-27-2003, 01:21 PM
why not download trillian ?

http://www.trillian.cc

saves yah a bunch in crap trying to deal with aim/icq/msn/yahoo :)

Erdrick Holmes
06-27-2003, 01:23 PM
This actually happened to me a few times, but then I got Dead AIM. It never happened again.

Legato
06-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Trillian reeks.

It's better if you want the whole package, but altogether, it sucks.

I only use AIM; it would be pointless for me to use Trillian.

But if you use 'em all, Trillian is an "ok" way to go.

Dr Unne
06-27-2003, 07:33 PM
http://gaim.sourceforge.net is trillian-like, but not as incredibly bad.

I don't know how your buddy list could die. They store it on AIM's servers somewhere. It's a good idea to export your buddy list and settings to a file on your HD though. Makes things easier.

Saturnus
06-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Whats wrong with Trillian?
I use trillian pro and have never had a problem with it
I use aim, yahoo and msn, so this program works great for me

But I had the same issue with my buddy list on the old aim, I downloaded the new one at the time and it fixed it for me

hope you were able to get your buddys back

bennator
06-28-2003, 08:11 PM
I don't know how your buddy list could die. They store it on AIM's servers somewhere. It's a good idea to export your buddy list and settings to a file on your HD though. Makes things easier.

If you use an ancient version of AIM (like me), they don't store it on their servers, so that might be it.