PDA

View Full Version : Zeromus and Necron

MJN SEIFER
06-27-2003, 03:58 PM
has anyone noticed the similaritys between these two thier not i the game till oh-so-close to the end and they both don't die acording to their speaches

Z: I will not die as long as long as there is evil!

N: This is not the end! I am enternal as long as there is life and death!

Bahamut2000X
06-27-2003, 04:34 PM
Umm actually Zemus was mentioned in the game before you fought him. It was more of a outright saying he esxsisted as opposed to Necron who was onyl foreshadowed to. FuSoYa mentioned Zemus and ecxplained him long before you actually fought him. It was also foreshadowed of someone controling Golbez back when Tellah used Meteo. Necron was only indirectly mentioned by Dr. Tot and I beleive Beatrix.

DocFrance
06-28-2003, 02:51 PM
That, and FF9 is a huge tip of the hat to previous Final Fantasies. I haven't even played 9, and I know of some of the references.

Dignified Pauper
06-28-2003, 04:24 PM
I already made this reference when i tried to clarify the mysterious CROWN item in FF1 and it ended up dealing with Zeromous and then later i made a reference that Necron is the greater form of Zeromous. It was so great... I am in awe at myself....

Zifnab
07-03-2003, 02:55 PM
A long time ago I made a thread with a refrence to FF5's Necrophobe and Necron.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/ff5/enemies/necrophobe.gif
http://www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/ff9/Necron.gif

Look at the poses, both levitating with their arms folded. And they both have those weird blue things hanging from their shoulders. Not to mention 'Necro' within both of them.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Besides the fact that Necron's original name was Eternal Darkness, that's pretty amazing.

The main differences between Necron and Zeromus begin with the fact that Zeromus came of one man's hatred for human life and was therefore quite malicious. Meanwhile, Necron was a natural aspect of the universe since its birth and was not malicious or evil; it only tried to end all existence because it thought that that was the desire of all living things. The battle with Necron, then, was not fought to destroy it, but to make it understand that the universe still contained a will to live and was not yet ready to end.

final boss
07-04-2003, 01:33 AM
Um......Jenova, where did you get that picture of Necron? I was looking for a good picture of him. Where's that thread you made of them? Is it still there?

MJN SEIFER
07-04-2003, 06:48 PM
I am actually one of the few people that beleve that final fantasy actually DO connect with each other so after what jenova said I belleve Necron may either be releated or actually BE Necrophobia!!

(The seccond choice is far fetched but hey he could been revived or if he IS Necron he may just come back later Mybe he thought Because the Void was here he tried to destroy THEN!)

Zifnab
07-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by final boss
Um......Jenova, where did you get that picture of Necron? I was looking for a good picture of him. Where's that thread you made of them? Is it still there?
Unfortunatly not. :( I made it about a year ago, and there's been several prunes of the threads recently.
FFCompendium (http://www.ffcompendium.com) is a fantastic resource on Final Fantasy including images (that's where I found the very rare Mukki picture). That's where I found the Necron piccie.

I am actually one of the few people that beleve that final fantasy actually DO connect with each other so after what jenova said I belleve Necron may either be releated or actually BE Necrophobia!!
Not many people seem to agree with my crazy speculations. Then again, they usually are pretty crazy. :)
I actually went and put the Zero World = N-Zone, as that's where you fight Necrophobe. And he was somewhat more central than all the other bosses in the game, seeing as he Was the final battle before Exdeath, and killed of Gilgamesh.

Bahamut2000X
07-05-2003, 03:43 AM
*Spoilers of final bosses for FFI, III, VIII, X, and XI*

Your forgetting Ultimecia. She dosen't appear until the end also in the same manner. As does Chaos. And Dark Cloud. And Yu Yevon. And in FFXI the final boss only is seen at the end.

Guess this is in more then just those FF's then eh?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-05-2003, 05:57 AM
That's not really accurate at all, though.
Chaos is just a powered-up version of Garland, you see at the beginning of FFI.
Dark Cloud's existence is alluded to in FFIII's text and appears at the end of the second-to-last dungeon, not right before you fight it.
Ultimecia is talked of a lot throughout FFVIIII's plot and makes frequent appearances. The only reason you don't see her directly is because she's possessing the bodies of other sorceresses.