PDA

View Full Version : Opening FMV [Possible Spoilers]

Enigma
06-27-2003, 04:59 PM
I downloaded an file on Kazaa called "FFXI Opening FMV" and it showed a young boy looking at a town and later the night in the FMV, the town gets raided my some kind of monster army. Black Mages and Archers attack from towers, shooting arrows and dropping comets on the intruders.

It was in English and it was soo cool. You later find out that the boy's name is "Aldo". He and his sister escape the attacks but some monsters chase them into a cave and they see an opening at the top of the cave.

Aldo gets help from his sister and she pushes him out. But it's too late for her, two monsters attack her and Aldo runs for his life. It shows him walking thru the destroyed town the next morning and that's all I downloaded.

It said it was from Gamespot because it had the little "G" but I want to know if this is really the FFXI opening. It's a great FMV, really interesting.

Does anyone know?

Bahmant zero
06-27-2003, 06:34 PM
yes it is, i dont know if its all of it. i love the bit
where you see turu turu casting metor over the huge hord of monsters, that was cool.

Ouch!
06-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Sounds 'bout right to me. I think I've seen bits and pieces from when the town gets destroyed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the monsters Quadravs or something of the sort?

I also loved when the the Galka monk started beating the crap out of the monsters, knockin' 'em down one by one. *drools*

Kalel
07-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Opening movie of FFXI rules. There are other movie scenes in game as well. So don't worry FFXI in fact has a background story to it as well.

If they release game anytime soon we won't have to keep trying to find info on game and be playing it. I am just happy pc version is coming out soon.

CloudS_1
07-27-2003, 02:08 AM
Enigma: I want to know if this is really the FFXI opening.

Yes it is the real FMV, but not the full version. There is about 30 additional seconds to it.

I also loved when the the Galka monk started beating the crap out of the monsters, knockin' 'em down one by one. *drools*

slayerx
07-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah there is a bit of the vid at the end where he returns like 20 years later with loads of ppl from the diffrent races of FFXI man that vid is so cool cant wait to play this game but hey the pc version is out n the 28th of october in us :)

Krystic_WLA
07-27-2003, 06:44 PM
yeah i like i when that big behemoth looking monster pops out of nowhere and the elvaan ranger shoots the arrow!

Probably THE best Opening FMV of any FF.:D

Bahamut2000X
07-27-2003, 07:06 PM
One question still remains. If it's the japanese version of the game and that's the opening in their game, then when the game comes out here, are we gonna get japanese voices with english subtitles?

slayerx
07-28-2003, 02:18 AM
i dont think that matters i just want the game now

Shayo
08-10-2003, 04:46 PM
u said its coming out the 28 of october in the US right? wut about canada? the same date?

project_mayhem
08-10-2003, 05:13 PM
im dl it from kazaa
but it says its gonna take like 40 more mins :(
bastards with dial up sending it to me :(

Learza
06-04-2004, 07:07 PM
is there neway to watch the fmv on theh ps2...ive seen it on pc..but neva on my playstation

m4tt
06-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Please don't revive threads that have been dead for almost a year.