PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Alive?

Lost Heretic
06-27-2003, 08:36 PM
I have not located a specific thread for this argument, but it has popped up in others. So...I created one.

What do you believe...

Is Vincent alive, only horribly scarred from the experiments Hojo and shinra performed on him?

Did Vincent succumb to the gunshot wound, only to be resurrected by the Hojo and his scientific experiments. Is he left to walk the world again, in sorrow of his past life?

Is Vincent undead, living but not. Was he killed by Hojo, only to rise again from the ashes, no longer truly human?

please don't spam, flame, and other such things that normal users and moderators dislike.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Vincent never died. His coffin just acted as a stasis chamber, preserving him for his thirty-year sleep.

Maxico
06-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Hmm i would say he was alive but why was he shot and experimented on any way. wouldn't it be better to just burn him or sumthin'. Me any my freind had an argument about this the other day. He thinks vincent's a vampire. but im not really sure.Edit: hmm Kawaii posted seconds before me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2003, 08:59 PM
It could also be that one of the experiments performed on him was responsible for keeping him from aging. In that case, he'd never grow old, even after exiting the coffin. Of course, we never see eight of the nine main characters after the events of the game, so there's no way to tell.

Sefie1999AD
06-27-2003, 09:07 PM
I don't think he's a vampire, zombie or an undead. He's still alive, even though he was given all those scientificial experiments and treatments. I always had the feeling that he was under some kind of cryogenic sleep in the coffin, which caused him not to get older. Although how do we know he didn't get older? His face is partially covered and we don't see his past appearance properly, so what if he has aged?

Lost Heretic
06-27-2003, 09:23 PM
Allow me to verge of into another theory.

In the book series known as dune, Frank Herbert, the author, created a cult known as the Bene Tlelaxual (sp?). These people, also known as Face Dancers, could revive a dead person by using some cybernetics. This resulted in what is called a Ghola, these mechanical humans lost most of their memory, and only a few bits and pieces remained.

Let us halt for a moment. It seems as though in the world of Final Fantasy 7, they can replace limbs (Gun Arms) and it even seems that Vincent had some robotics installed, because of his arm. Could Hojo have rebuilt Vincent, strong and faster than before? Could Vincent be something similar to a ghola?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Except Vincent remembers everything about his past, and the only thing cybernetic about him is his arm. I don't think an arm is too instrumental in reviving a person. A cybernetic heart or brain, sure, but not an arm.

Lost Heretic
06-27-2003, 09:51 PM
More info on Gholas and Such (http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tleilaxu)

Ah yes, but there are always explanations. With the ghola theory, they usually regrow any missing skin. But, what if this was not properly done. If in theory, Vincent was shot in the left arm, the skin around the wound could have also died, so it ould not be properly regrown. So, Hojo could have just not covered the arm, or maybe there was a problem. The rest of the machinary could have been covered by the skin and flesh.

one_winged_angel
06-28-2003, 12:46 PM
I didnt think that his arm WAS cybernetic I thought it was just armour or possibly a mutation (i hate cybernetic surgery type things)

supporting the ghola theory...

when vincent was shot he moved his left shuolder back so it is quite possible he WAS shot in the left arm