PDA

View Full Version : Mouse problems

Bahamut2000X
06-28-2003, 07:46 PM
My mouse has been acting up lately, it has been getting harder and harder to click a button the same amount of times I click the mouse button or to hold and drag, and it's getting really annoying. Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Another problem is when I try to highlight text or move multiple files in my documents, it keeps releasing them and such like I had pressed to highlight and then pressed to un highlight really really fast.

Zifnab
06-28-2003, 08:50 PM
Control Panel > Mouse and see if anything on there can fix it.

Or buy a new mouse. Worked wonders for me.

ZeZipster
06-28-2003, 09:10 PM
I'd take the sucker a part and clean it. That's what I did to my old keyboard. I decided I'd break it while I was cleaning it. It was completely intentional.

Bahamut2000X
06-28-2003, 09:16 PM
I should of mentioned this is a optical mouse. So I wouldn't think cleanign would help it much or at all.

crono_logical
06-29-2003, 12:24 AM
To me, sounds like the buttons themselves are getting worn out. How old is the mouse? I'd consider replacing it if the buttons start getting less and less responsive myself, though I can't see why it'd happen to an optical mouse since they haven't been around long enough to wear out that fast unless you do a lot of clicking with them, unless it was perhaps a cheap one.

Bahamut2000X
06-29-2003, 12:40 AM
I've had it since about January. I don't think I clicked too much with em. But who knows.