PDA

View Full Version : There is no FF7-2

BlackCobra
06-29-2003, 06:14 AM
I read it somewhere at gamepro.But I forgot to make a link of it.But bassicly they said:

"We are sorry but we will not be able to make a sequel to FF7.We are currently working on to many new projects.And to add on that we do not have enough money to create a new one."

Something like that with all the SPAM inbetween. And think, if it took 30,000,000,(thirty-million dallors) to make the first ff7 imagine how much it would cost now with all the new technoligy required for better graphic and everything.And think about it,if they were gonna make a 2 why didn't they do it a long time ago.Ever since the 7th there has been 9 new FF games (including the ones they are working on) so they made 9 new games, now you think they want to go all the back just for a few people who are interested so like 100 people will buy it.

Out of all of the 700 kids in my school, only 2 people (including me) even know about FF series.

ThE dArK oNe
06-29-2003, 10:37 AM
It is not for certain that there will be no sequal in the future. Square is just busy with everything else right now.

Out of all of the 700 kids in my school, only 2 people (including me) even know about FF series.

o_O

JMcConnor
06-29-2003, 03:09 PM
FFVII-2 being made would make me the happiest person alive.

Nomura really really wants to make it happen, as does much of the original design team.

Square is busy with other things right now...but I don't care...ten years from now, I'll still be waiting patiently for the sequel that'll slay me completely ;)

James McConnor

ZeZipster
06-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Please, no. I don't want to be stuck with a Tifa-Yuffie-Aeris party in all knew cloths, changing cloths every time they enter a battle. I pray Square doesn't attempt to make Aeris slutty like they did Yuna. I'd personally hunt them down one by one.

PhoenixAsh
06-29-2003, 09:46 PM
ZeZipster I've argued this with you a lot and you have yet to give a valid arguement as to why you hold your beliefs about FFX-2. If you are going to bash Square without reason can you please at least keep it in the right forum.

BlackCobra have you actually asked everyone in your school if they've heard of FF? I'm just curious.

I'd love to see an FF7 sequel, even if they just reused the original engine. If they threw out Materia I might have to go on a rampage at Square though.

Sefie1999AD
06-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Here's something from Tetsuya Nomura:

Originally posted at RPGamer (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2003/050703c.html)
On Final Fantasy VII, Nomura stated that the chances of a sequel were unrealistic. Since Final Fantasy X-2 was built mostly off the engine of its predecessor, it was fairly easy to quickly produce a sequel. However, the much older engine of Final Fantasy VII would be unusable, and the game would have to be built mostly from scratch. This would require the development time and resources of a brand new Final Fantasy.

So I don't think FF7-2 will be made for a while.

PhoenixAsh
06-29-2003, 10:32 PM
Yeah I thought I'd heard that before, I don't really see why though.

ZeZipster
06-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix 17
ZeZipster I've argued this with you a lot and you have yet to give a valid arguement as to why you hold your beliefs about FFX-2. If you are going to bash Square without reason can you please at least keep it in the right forum.

Valid arguement? The fact they you just happen to lose all male characters and none are replaced then Square changes all their cloths (despite their history of NEVER chaning all of the characters cloths) then tops it all off by making them change cloths EVERY battle as a new battle-system? It's all valid proof that Square IS selling out to attract dumb-asses. They ruined a classic. I don't like the idea of them doing that to FF7. You don't take an RPG and then add missions and a billion different endings to it.

PhoenixAsh
06-29-2003, 11:03 PM
I've said several times why it wouldn't make sense for Square to have sold out with X-2 and I'm not gonna repeat myself in here. However X is certainly NOT a classic by any stretch.

Rude
06-30-2003, 06:12 PM
Having played X for all of 45 minutes and never playing X-2 I can gather this much - just by looking at the difference of clothing between Yuna in X and Yuna in X-2 as well as going from a summoner character to a gunfighter is all that needs to be seen to be able to tell that Square/Enix are targetting a much different audience.

If such a thing was done with FF7 I don't believe I would go anywhere near it.

PhoenixAsh
06-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Ugh. It's fairly clear if you play X, and take X-2 in context why Yuna changes.

It isn't really clear why Square would choose the first FF ever that is obviously aimed at people who are already fans of the series to decide to sell out and aim at a totally different market.

Max
07-01-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by ZeZipster
Please, no. I don't want to be stuck with a Tifa-Yuffie-Aeris party in all knew cloths, changing cloths every time they enter a battle. I pray Square doesn't attempt to make Aeris slutty like they did Yuna. I'd personally hunt them down one by one. Oh man Aeris as a slut that Should be against the law.(Wait a minut how could they Aeris is Dead they cant bring her bac to life canthey)?:O_O:

Sheep_smuggler
07-01-2003, 09:22 PM
hey zezipster, do you relise that if there was a final fantasy 7-2 that the only character that could possible carry on the rest of the story would be Nanaki?
it would have to take place 500 years after ff7 also.
didn't you beat the game? or did you just play 3 hours of it? though i don't like the idea of X-2 or 7-2. the game dose target a completely differn't audiance, one that i would much rather not be part of...:mog:

Shoyku
07-01-2003, 10:25 PM
then tops it all off by making them change cloths EVERY battle as a new battle-system?
Ever play Final Fantasy V or Tactics? It's like a job-system, no doubt.

hey zezipster, do you relise that if there was a final fantasy 7-2 that the only character that could possible carry on the rest of the story would be Nanaki?
it would have to take place 500 years after ff7 also.
After the whole meteor incident, and then the whole dashing into 500 years into the future, there's bound to have been stuff that's happened in between. It doesn't necessarily have to take place 500 years ahead.

nanakixiii
07-02-2003, 03:56 AM
SHHH... THIS IS THE LATEST INFO!!
*note*: some people may be either happy or disappointed.

There is a high possibility that FFVII-2 is going to come out in 2 or 3 years. Maybe 4. But it's not going to be on PS2. It will be on psp, or playstation portable. It's the new "gameboy" from sony. Every aspect of psp is better than gameboy. Here are some specs that I KNOW psp will have:

1.) LCD display
2.) polygon display
3.) same graphic as playstation
4.) games cost $15 each because it's on a super tiny disc.
5.) the screen is wider and little bit bigger than gameboy advance.
6.) rechargable battery (like gameboy adv. sp)

And sony announced that it will come out summer of next year. So, I will definitely buy it!:D

duo_1002
07-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by BlackCobra

And think, if it took 30,000,000,(thirty-million dallors) to make the first ff7 imagine how much it would cost now with all the new technoligy required for better graphic and everything.And think about it,if they were gonna make a 2 why didn't they do it a long time ago.Ever since the 7th there has been 9 new FF games (including the ones they are working on) so they made 9 new games, now you think they want to go all the back just for a few people who are interested so like 100 people will buy it.

first off. If you know what your talking about, you would know that to make FF7 (the first 3-D RPG) they had to invent an entire new engine, and work with polygons ect. This engine they created was used all through out VIII and IX just merely tweaked slightly. FFX cost them tons of money due to they had to invent new engines, all the voices and advanced graphics and real time body movements took time. FFXI cost lots due to its an online RPG with many intricate details to it.

I know tons of people would buy a sequel to FF7, considering how anticipated it is. Look at star wars. There was, if I'm not mistaken and 16 year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace and look how well that did. The time differential will merely add to the profits.

Also, making 9 new games since then was fairly easy considering they only had to invent 1 new main engine after FF7. I don't consider Anthology, Chronicles and Origins FF games that were 'made new' when all they had to do were create some cut scenes and change the controls and that to be compatable with the playstation game console (1-2 months at most) The only real FF games they created were VIII, Tactics, IX, X and including XI and X-2 there have been 5 new ones. Also, remember that Square (now Square/Enix) is one of the largest and most profitable game developing companies in the world. Here is the complete list of games they have released since FF7.

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Origins
XenoGears
SaGa Frontier
SaGa Frontier 2
Threads Of Fate
Ehrgeiz
Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Brave Fencer Musahi
Einhander
Bushido Blade
Bushido Blade 2
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy X-2
Driving Emotion: Type S
The Bouncer
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Front Line 2
Front Line 3
Xenosaga
Chocobo Racing
Chocobo's Dungeon 2

and there are many other I know they made but don't feel like finding on the net.

Mo-Nercy
07-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by ZeZipster
You don't take an RPG and then add missions and a billion different endings to it.
Like FF Tactics and Chrono Trigger? :rolleyes2

FFVII-2, works for me. So does FFX-2. And probably any other sequel to a Squaresoft (damn...square-enix) game. I like changes in the characters like in FFX-2. It should feel like a different game but still remind you of the previous one.

Enigma
07-02-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Al Bhed³
Like FF Tactics and Chrono Trigger? :rolleyes2

FFVII-2, works for me. So does FFX-2. And probably any other sequel to a Squaresoft (damn...square-enix) game. I like changes in the characters like in FFX-2. It should feel like a different game but still remind you of the previous one.

*agrees totally*

The reason why they don't want to make FFVII-2 on PS2 is because of the different engines and they'd have to make it from scratch. But weren't the games on Final Fantasy Origins and Anthology on different engines? I may be wrong, I don't know anything about that type of stuff but if they're going to take their time and make a game like Unlimited SaGa(which sucks a lot) then why can't they make FFVII-2(which most likely won't suck a lot)?

TheAbominatrix
07-02-2003, 03:31 PM
They've already stated that it's going to take as much time as creating a whole new FF, and they arent ready to do that yet. If they do this, they want to do it right.

They'll need new characters (either a few or a ton depending on how long after the original it is.
New story
New graphics (Anthologies and Chronologies were just updated. We can easily assume VII-2 will be done in X style graphics.)
etc etc.

With X-2, they had the engine, the scenes, the characters, all of it already made. They did some updates on the models and the scenes, made a few new places and characters, and viola. It didnt take long at all. VII-2 would have to be made from scratch, the only different from a new FF being that it would have some previous stuff (characters, world map/locations, etc) to go off of.

I'd love to see a VII-2, but I'd rather they wait to make it. I think we'd all be disappointed if they put out a half assed attempt. I hope they do it all out or dont do it at all.

nanakixiii
07-03-2003, 04:29 PM
(Anthologies and Chronologies were just updated. We can easily assume VII-2 will be done in X style graphics.)

Um... didn't anyone read my post?

Razorheart215
07-03-2003, 08:41 PM
VII-2 would be good... but still not as good as the origional... and from what i've herd... they're making a VII-Remake... as long asthey don't tamper with the storyline i'm there...

if tey make a way to save aeris i'll be the happyest man alive...

when the origional VII came out, it still wasn't completely finished... the translations weren't acurate... and the 1/35 SOLDIER things whats all that bout? imagine if you will ultima ruby emerald in X graphics... ans sephiroth *drools*

TheAbominatrix
07-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Yes, let's hope they make a way to save Aeris. So that her sacrifice will be cheapened and meaningless. *sarcasm*

zacks_clone
07-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Razorheart215
VII-2 would be good... but still not as good as the origional... and from what i've herd... they're making a VII-Remake... as long asthey don't tamper with the storyline i'm there...

if tey make a way to save aeris i'll be the happyest man alive...

when the origional VII came out, it still wasn't completely finished... the translations weren't acurate... and the 1/35 SOLDIER things whats all that bout? imagine if you will ultima ruby emerald in X graphics... ans sephiroth *drools*

Dude...sephiroth alone in better graphics would make me happy!ugh...:: day dreams

Aeris-1985
07-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I read somethin in the newest egm (I have a subscription)and they said somthin I hate!something rude about aeris!"Oh,please people!Aeris died get over it!"the thing is,I CAN'T! sniff........

Rude
07-08-2003, 07:11 PM
I know tons of people would buy a sequel to FF7, considering how anticipated it is. Look at star wars. There was, if I'm not mistaken and 16 year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace and look how well that did. The time differential will merely add to the profits.

Final Fantasy doesn't even come close to the pop culture following that Star Wars has.