PDA

View Full Version : ff4 imp

sephiroth23
06-29-2003, 10:03 PM
so i wuz playin ff4 one day and i got this thing that let rydia learn the summomn imp but now i can't seem to get it again (restarted my game) and also you can get i think bomb and something else but i forget anyone else know anything bout it

Zifnab
06-29-2003, 10:43 PM
There is a very rare chance (so rare it might be a glitch) where you can learn four 'secret' summons. I'm not sure what the other two are or how you're supposed to get them.

TheAbominatrix
06-29-2003, 11:07 PM
You can find them after battles with said enemy. I've gotten Imp once, and I've played the game at least 20 times through. If you're determined to get it, keep fighting groups of imps until you do. You'll get an item at the end called Imp, use it and Rydia will learn the summon.

DocFrance
06-30-2003, 03:22 PM
I believe the four extra summons are Imp, Bomb, Cockatrice, and Mage. There's something like a 1 in 64 chance of getting the spell after said battle.

Flying Mullet
06-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Are any of the summons powerful or are they just there for you to try and find?

DocFrance
06-30-2003, 03:28 PM
I don't know from experience, but I think that Cockatrice is pretty good. It petrifies the enemy at a much better rate than Break.

TheAbominatrix
06-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Cockatrice is the best of the lot. The rest are pretty much crap, but fun to get. If you get them early enough they can be useful (I got Imp right after leaving Baron once).

To make a note, I think Imp is the only one available in the first American release. I'm not positive, though...

Dark Scythe
07-04-2003, 04:14 AM
I've gotten the Imp summon several times before. the first time I got it i was wandering around the the desert near the damcyan castle, there you can fight parties of Imps in groups of up to eight I believe. the last time I found it, I started a new game and was leveling up Cecil and Kain in the Mist Cave and lucked into it. I had not even gotten Rydia for the first time yet.

of the other summons, I know you can get them..but I havent ever gotten them.

twobitmage
07-04-2003, 09:57 AM
theres a trick to increase your chances

first tell someone to kill an imp(or whatever)

then IMMEDIATELY after you kill it, before the first guy attacks, have someone pheonix down him.

when he is killed he will be revived again

each kill increases your chances (supposedly)

Wightraven
07-04-2003, 10:39 AM
OR if you don't want to waste hours and hours playing; *cue fanfare* GAME SHARK!

... honestly, sometimes the most obvious answers evade some people.

*Game Shark hands Wight lots of shiny gold coins* Thank you.

Master.Pug
07-04-2003, 05:43 PM
I got the 4 summons ;)
Cockatrice is nice, Bomb & Mage are useful(at least in the beginning)
Imp is crap, but if ya want to find all 15 summons get em ;)

Fiero Firestorm
07-05-2003, 02:51 AM
Bomb does random damage based on your HP, so it's the best of the lot.