PDA

View Full Version : Yummie-Yummies! (frogs, i mean..)

Xu
07-02-2003, 03:59 AM
does anybody know if frog's gender at marshes are important for anything?

and how about the golden frogs? They have any importance or they are just like the ordinary frogs?

PS: Quina is the coolest FF9 character and s/he is so damn strong (limit glove and forg drop are best) ^^

Kurohime
07-02-2003, 04:27 AM
The only real significance in the frogs' gender is in regards to how fast the frogs will reproduce after you catch them. It's always best to leave one female frog, one male frog, and one golden frog in the marsh.

If you're not sure how to tell which are males and females, just look closely. The females are a bit larger, and have a black stripe going down their sides. The males don't.

The golden frogs are, of course, golden. Leaving one in the marsh will also boost frog reproduction. ^_^

Big D
07-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Everything Kurohime said.:)
Also, don't eat the baby frogs.
1) It's cruel
2) It really impacts on their reproduction rate.

Getting 100 frogs, of course, is a pretty significant event, one which I won't spoil here.

chocoboy
07-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Oh yeah, thats when ...... happens. I really enjoyed that bit.

Xu
07-02-2003, 10:14 PM
hmm. you can catch over 99 frogs?
damn, i've catch the g. frog of mist continent's marsh.. u_u there is no way of some frog turn into a new golden one?

... wow, Frog Drop really rules, don't?

Big D
07-03-2003, 03:09 AM
The frog populations will recover, in time. Not sure how long it takes... I usually go and do a bit of plot, or maybe a sidequest or two, and then go back to the marshes.