PDA

View Full Version : mistakes in FINAL FANTASY (Spoilers) Note Please contribute

MJN SEIFER
07-02-2003, 09:48 PM
I am making a web site and I thought ot would be a good Idea to list a few mistakes in the FF series the can be spellings div-ups in the story or ANY type of mistake!

FF1

None yet!

FF2

""

FF3

Not played

FF4

Somone says that Namingway is in EVERY town but he's not!

Cecil shout KAIN! even if you changed his name before hand

(Old and doubtful) Because FF2 was unreleced this was mistaken to be that game!

FF5

(Already mentiond in FFVFORUM) Bartz says he's scared of hight but is alright in many high places

Why were Gaulf and Bartz so shocked of Farris being a chick they knew it anyway!!

Bartz under stands what a moogle says somehow!

FF6

This was called FF3 because of the fact that FF23456 were relaeced in the wrong order!

Shadow is called a girl

Many speaches had the characers name left off

Ziegfrieds name kept changing (Not the real "Siegfried" but the fake "Ziegfried" he was called "Sigfried" a couple of times)

FF7

he are sick!

Look closly on the motter bike scene the truck says "Midgal" (That could be the L=R problerm thogh)

Sephiroths hands are normal when he jumps off the Forgoton capital but have gloves by the time he gets to Aeris!

(Small) Cloud could not have stood in water as deap as that!

Aeris says that she and Tseng were the same age but a flash back prove other wise!

A cheast gives you a "Last Elixer" but it is actualy a "Megalixer"

FF8

Fujjin says "Egnore" rather than "Ignore"

Their shouldn't be a Seed because Squall told Edea about it so she probably doesn't even know!

(Time travel is cursed with plot holes!)

Gilgamesh doesn't say who he is nor is his name on any of his speaches as if you were expected to know of him from FF5

And he shouldn't be here anyway HE'S DEAD!

FF9

Nothing yet

FF10

The Jecht shot chalenge is encredibly vague it took be ages to work out that is was WHAT JECHT WAS SAYING that had to be in synch with the X

Tidus says theres no Jecht shot 2 but there is!

Wakka remanes on you're team even though he retired

Seymour gains experiance but it doesn't matter cuase he won't join you again!

TheAbominatrix
07-02-2003, 09:56 PM
FF6
I'm only gonna contribute this one because it really bothers me.

When you first find Terra, they say to her 'Come one' to her, rather than come on. They never fixed it in Anthologies and it bugs the hell outta me.

And to note, when they leave the character name off it's because the characters in your party are all optional. There's no specific person saying it.

and in 10, Tidus says there's no Jecht Shot 2. There isnt until he creates it.
And Seymour gaining exp isnt a mistake. You can exp from final battles in most of the games, and it's useless.

Edit: To note also, I pretty much remember Namingway being in every town. You have to look hard. I could be wrong though.

And, in V, they didnt know Faris was a girl. They were just checking him out... I think it was a huge relief to both of them when they realized they werent attracted to a guy.

PhoenixAsh
07-03-2003, 12:57 AM
I may just have a bad memory, but doesn't Tidus just say there isn't a Jecht Shot 3?

You can make FFVII screw up if you call Red Nanaki, which annoys me because that would have been a perfect chance for a bit of a clever bonus.

black orb
07-03-2003, 03:17 AM
>>> FF9 Stiltzkin is in two different places at the same time..
When you finish the Mogri postage service side quest, Stiltzkin end talking with other Mogri inside the postage sevice. next you go to Alexandria and Stiltzkin stand here near to Kupo.
then you go inside the post service again and Stiltzkin still there ..

Big D
07-03-2003, 03:20 AM
Many 'errors' can be explained away with a bit of conjecture.

Aeris says that she and Tseng were the same age but a flash back prove other wise!She says to Cloud, "I've known him since we were little". What does she mean by "we"? Does she mean "Tseng and I"? She could mean "you and I", which would make sense since she's talking to Cloud. "I've known him since [you and I] were little". This is ogical, since Cloud and Aeris are nearly the same age.

(Small) Cloud could not have stood in water as deap as that!
There must've been a shelf he was standing on. It's not visible when the FMV shows the view from underwater looking up, but then the structure is made of that blue-white stone which would be hard to see underwater, especially when there's bright sunlight streaming down.

Their shouldn't be a Seed because Squall told Edea about it so she probably doesn't even know!
I'm guessing that Edea would've had the idea anyway. She knew that there'd be a Sorceress threat in the future, so she 'originally' created Garden based on her own ideas.

Gilgamesh doesn't say who he is nor is his name on any of his speaches as if you were expected to know of him from FF5

And he shouldn't be here anyway HE'S DEAD!
Well, in FFV, Gilgamesh died whilst in the N-Zone. Maybe he became a roaming spirit or something? Besides, maybe he's not the 'same' Gilgamesh? After all, there's a Gilgamesh in FFIX too.

IamTidus
07-03-2003, 06:25 AM
FFX - I wanna grow up to be a blitzball!

FFX - Rikku fmv where she strips In game she has goggles on but in cg she dosn't

Shoyku
07-03-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by IamTidus
Think Square put that in as a joke?

MJN SEIFER
07-03-2003, 02:31 PM

LOL I forgot that one!!:laugh:

and hears one I thought of for FF9!

On you're first visit to Limblum Garnet says "I've Never seen Cid before" but when the party are face to face with Oglop Cid Garnet recordnised him because of his mushtahe

Zifnab
07-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
On you're first visit to Limblum Garnet says "I've Never seen Cid before"
That's actually Zidane.

FF7:
Bugenhagen - "You want an old man like me should go first?"
Cait Sith - "I can still move more!"

Also in FFX I believe there's a scene where Lulu has Yuna's voice. I think it's during the bit with Anima in Luca.

Yunalesca
07-03-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by IamTidus

How they know my lifetime dream? :rolleyes2

MJN SEIFER
07-05-2003, 03:37 PM
If you look closely when Tifa is on the cannon in Junnon it says "Sister Ray" on the side when in reality it didn't get called that until Scarlet moved it to Midgar and asked it to be changed!

Zifnab
07-06-2003, 12:38 PM
I don't know how much of a mistake this is, but when you search the bodies of the Shinra soldiers at the start of FF7 you can get one potion from each of them... or get both potions from one of them.

Wolhay
07-06-2003, 03:12 PM
Final Fantasy VII:
In the Golden Saucer fighting arena you'll get "off course" as a choice when questioned if you want to continue after defeating an opponent.

Rinna Lee
07-06-2003, 07:18 PM
Final Fantasy VIII:

This is not really in the game, but in the movie Charlie's Angels, the scene when these 2 kids are playin in the room they are playin FF8....the mistake there is that they are playin 2 players and the sounds in the game sounds like some Mario game or somethin.

And in FF8 when Irvine had to shoot Edea in the parade, Edea's big car float was turning towards the gate without facing Irvine...then when the next scene came Irvine finally triggered his gun and her float suddenly turns toward Irvine.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-07-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Jenova·Rebirth
FF7:
Bugenhagen - "You want an old man like me should go first?"That's not a mistake; there are a lot of areas in the United States where people use that sort of vernacular.

HOOTERS
07-07-2003, 02:38 PM
FFX: In Blitzball when you shoot right up near the goal after you kick the ball it magically appears behind you and passes you on its way to the goal.

MJN SEIFER
07-09-2003, 12:23 PM
when Cait sith "dies" in 7 he get's all emotional and makes a speach about his "Final Final Farewell" but why? We all know (Including Cait him self) that he's not real he's a toy controll by some guy at the shinra building (Reeve maybe?) so why so emotional!!

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Because Reeve is emotional, obviously.

playaGAW
07-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Zidane being able to see Garnet's memory in Memoria.

Big D
07-11-2003, 09:34 AM
That one was explained by the 'collective memory' notion. In FFIX, all life comes from the Crystal, even the life on both Terra and Gaia. Their energy, their source is the same; memory is a part of that. The parts form a greater whole, contributing to one another, to history and to the future. Did you notice that all the characters had memories of a primordial, ocean-covered world, even though none of them had been there?

Also, think of Vivi's quote during the ending:
"My memories will be a part of the sky".

Edgar
07-11-2003, 12:07 PM
FFVI

The old version was ok when Biggs or Wedge said :"this witch".

But in the Anotho. version they said "Sorcerer" and Sorcerer by right is a male magician.

playaGAW
07-13-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Big D
That one was explained by the 'collective memory' notion. In FFIX, all life comes from the Crystal, even the life on both Terra and Gaia. Their energy, their source is the same; memory is a part of that. The parts form a greater whole, contributing to one another, to history and to the future. Did you notice that all the characters had memories of a primordial, ocean-covered world, even though none of them had been there?

Also, think of Vivi's quote during the ending:
"My memories will be a part of the sky".

I still haven't beat 9 yet but I only saw part of Memoria then left. I'll find some mistakes and post them later though.

final boss
07-13-2003, 09:21 PM
I got some!
in the PS version, the 1st FMV has Narshe spelled wrong, it says Narche.
Mog's wind dance is missing the w in wind in battle.
Also in that FMV, kefka has no white makeup on, but later he does!

MJN SEIFER
07-13-2003, 09:31 PM
This isn't really a final fantasy game mistake but in that DVD you get with FFX if you watch the intaerview with Yuna's english over voice she calls Yuna "Him"

Storm
07-15-2003, 05:55 AM
I know this is not a mistake, but the FMV in FFX when the group is riding on the wire from the airship to Bevelle is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in an FF game.

therealquigmaster
07-17-2003, 06:18 PM
I can do that:D

playaGAW
07-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Dr.Unne's brother is in Gaea even though there is no way to get from the southern civilization to the northern one. Even if it is possible they didn't grow up together how would they end up on another side of the world. Someone in Onrac asked how people from the south came up north.

MJN SEIFER
07-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Final fantasy 10:

As most of you know you can have Gatta die in place of Luzu in Mihen the mistake here is that to do this you talk to Gatta and tell him to fight Sin but that should have BOTH Luzu and Gatta die! Because no one told Luzu not to fight so he should still die

TheAbominatrix
07-18-2003, 11:33 PM
I think that's just b.s., I tried to have Gatta die in Luzu's place, it didnt work. And that's not really a 'mistake' persay. Just a bad rumor.

playaGAW
07-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Always wanna kill the black guy.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by playaGAW
Dr.Unne's brother is in Gaea even though there is no way to get from the southern civilization to the northern one. Even if it is possible they didn't grow up together how would they end up on another side of the world. Someone in Onrac asked how people from the south came up north. You've confused the two towns. Unne's brother is in Onrac, and it's the people in Gaia who wonder how people from the South could reach the North.
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I think that's just b.s., I tried to have Gatta die in Luzu's place, it didnt work. And that's not really a 'mistake' persay. Just a bad rumor. It's perfectly true: Tidus's answers to Gatta's questions determine who dies. I first had Gatta die, then reset from a save and had Luzzu die. There's no doubt about it.

TheAbominatrix
07-19-2003, 12:28 PM
That's weird... I tried it and nothing changed. I'll have to do it again when I get my copy back from my friend. I probably just did it wrong.

JeffTheGreat1138
07-22-2003, 06:34 PM
"The dread destructive force known as "magic.""-FF6

Big D
07-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Nothing wrong with that statement. It's a slightly old-fashioned use of 'dread', but that's all.

Archaic dialogue is by no means unknown in FF games. After all, Red XIII once exclaimed "Zounds!" in FFVII.

TheAbominatrix
07-25-2003, 10:02 AM
In FFVII - In the library of Shin Ra inc's HQ, the third book says 'File on Dr. Gast, Biologist'. But of course, when we get more information on the Doctor, his name is spelled Ghast.

Big D
07-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Not in my copy... he's 'Gast' from start to finish. But then, translations are such fickle things.

TheAbominatrix
07-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Really? I coulda sworn he was Ghast later on. Maybe I'm imagining things... darn, I thought I was special, noticing things :(

Big D
07-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Perhaps you were thinking of Ghastla, the Japanese name for FFVI's Emperor Gestahl?

Edit: *Adds you too*

TheAbominatrix
07-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Probably. It's all jumbled in my mind! Ahhh!

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-25-2003, 12:53 PM
In FFII, each time the party wins a battle, they run off the left side of the screen. It's a nice little touch to show them continuing on the path that the enemies were blocking, except during battles on the sailing ship. Why would they be compelled to run to the other end of the deck upon every victory?

playaGAW
07-27-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi
In FFII, each time the party wins a battle, they run off the left side of the screen. It's a nice little touch to show them continuing on the path that the enemies were blocking, except during battles on the sailing ship. Why would they be compelled to run to the other end of the deck upon every victory?

Maybe they want to jump overboard for a swim.

Big D
07-27-2003, 11:54 PM
During FFVII's ending FMV, Cloud's armour plate moves briefly from his left shoulder to his right. It's only for a brief time, when Cloud's facing away from the screen.

§håd0w
08-05-2003, 10:06 PM
I think that's just b.s., I tried to have Gatta die in Luzu's place, it didnt work. And that's not really a 'mistake' persay. Just a bad rumor.

either one can die. it just depends on how u answer gatta's 'questions'. also in FFVIII. i dunno why it does this, but if u do a soft restart the opening sequences really glitch up. i dunno if its mine or what, but ive taken it back 3 times and it still does that (on 3 different games) and when ur at the missile base, if u dont make it out in time, the fmv glitches up when it shows the base blowing up.

ChibiInuYasha
08-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Mine does that aswell.

§håd0w
08-06-2003, 03:04 PM
alright good. as long as its not just mine

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2003, 12:08 PM
FF9

Zidane is in the ending even though he was supposed to die at the end

TheAbominatrix
08-14-2003, 12:21 PM
FF9

Zidane is in the ending even though he was supposed to die at the end

I havent even played that much and I know the explination to that. Obviously, they just thought he died. He didnt really die. Thus he came back in the ending, hence Garnet's reaction. (I downloaded the ending :D)

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2003, 03:27 PM
I Mean His "Time" Was supposed to run out (Like Kuja And the others)

Big D
08-15-2003, 12:58 AM
No. Zidane is mortal (naturally) but he was meant to have a long lifespan - a 'normal' one, rather than something pre-determined like the Black Mages.
Zidane's only 16, Kuja is thirty-ish... since Zidane is the superior Genome, he'd naturally last longer.

§håd0w
08-15-2003, 01:09 AM
at first i though 'chicobo' (ffviii) was a mistake, but then i realized that was just a baby chocobo. o damn. (SPOILER) umm... :love:

Flare_Star
08-18-2003, 04:29 PM

are you saying that you cant have gatta die instead of Luzzu? because you can, i tried it :tongue:

TheAbominatrix
08-19-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Flare_Star
are you saying that you cant have gatta die instead of Luzzu? because you can, i tried it :tongue:

Yes, and they cleared that up quite a few posts ago.

abrojtm
08-19-2003, 01:55 AM
"Fighting when mist will freeze your breath!"-Kain FFII America

MJN SEIFER
08-19-2003, 07:58 PM
FF7

When the Temple Of the Ancients Dissapears Elena should die because their was no way for her to get out of it in time!

§håd0w
08-19-2003, 08:14 PM
she was dismissed before the temple collapsed. tseng offered to take her out to dinner and was then killed by sephiroth.

Xander
08-20-2003, 01:00 AM
FFX

- Auron usually says "Farewell" only before he kills something. (I think). In the Sanubia Desert, when fighting a zu he says "Farewell" but the zu will just come down to the ground not actually die, and you have to hit it again before it dies.

- If Yuna summons then K.Oed characters get up and run off, then run back on again afterwards.

- Small thing, but it seemed a bit odd, I got attacked by a dark aeon and my characters kept making noises of pain even after they were KOed.

§håd0w
08-20-2003, 01:02 AM
yea, i blitz aced zu, and he doesnt die. thats a major screw up there. i dunno if they did it on purpose, but its really annoying

MJN SEIFER
08-26-2003, 05:45 PM
FF7:

Gast Says That if his babys a girl her name Will Be Aeris But this is dated 10 DAYS AFTER HER BIRTH Surly he knows it's a girl by NOW! (Shee!)

FF8:
"Seifer Seifer.....Seifer was....Seifer!

FF6:
Ultros signs the Letter in his OWN name he was supposed to sign it Setzer

Locke Calls Celes By Name in the Operah he shouldn't!

Mog say that Sabin FELL From the raft After Fighting Ultros Which isn't entilaly true: Sabin Didn't FALL off he JUMPED off!

FF5:

When Gaulf tells the story of Ex Death The Music Jumps during Bartz's "If I weren't so Excited I'd Be confused!" Line

Leia
08-26-2003, 07:56 PM
In FFX, Auron's an old man but he still doesn't have any underarm hair? He must wax regularly! :D :D

Pucca
08-26-2003, 07:56 PM
I have a mistake. Two concerning X.

How the hell can Jecht be Tidus' dad?? HE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE HIM, people!

and

How the hell can chappu be Wakkas bro? HE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE HIM, people!

Hmn.:choc:

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 01:16 AM
My my... did you learn anything in biology? Punnet Squares, probability, inheritance, and all that other stuff. They don't have to look anything like their parents. I was born in Tokyo... but looking at me, you would think I am just another stupid white boy :rock:

MJN SEIFER
08-27-2003, 05:17 PM
You don't Need TO hide Spoilers cause the Title Says SPOLERS

Anyway

Chappu DOES look like Wakka!!

But That remindes me of another FFX mistake!!

Threw out the first part of the game Tidus is comented on being a dead ring for Cahppu now THEY look nothing like each other!!

Auron's an old man but he still doesn't have any underarm hair?

Auron is dead he probably died before it had chance to grow!!:D :D :D

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 10:36 PM
Yeah, Auron was killed by Yunalesca almost immediately after he discovered the hard truth... Jecht was Sin, and there was no other way around Sin.

TheAbominatrix
08-27-2003, 10:39 PM
Yet he still aged. And he was plenty old enough to have had pit hair by the time he first met up with Yunalesca, anyway.

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 10:40 PM
But if he died that young... why did he age AFTER death? Still can't figgure that out

SpikingZero
08-28-2003, 11:02 PM
I haven't seen anybody post this yet, so I think I will.

FFIX:

In the opening title FMV, it flashes through several towns and states their names. Interestingly enough, we come across one which says "Lindbulm" though during the game, they have it spelled as "Lindblum."

§håd0w
08-29-2003, 01:37 AM
Didn't notice it. I also don't watch the opening sequences. I go straight into the game

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-29-2003, 03:30 AM
Auron doesn't have underarm hair because that stuff is gross.

MJN SEIFER
09-06-2003, 02:52 PM
FF7:

Cloud Messes up his memories yeah! So was there but he mixed up his roles with Zack right?

But How Did he Mess them up when he weren't There!! I mean that sceen Were Sephiroth Goes Mad In the Reactor Cloud is out side Guarding Tifa so he shouldn't have sceen this Likewise Cloud was the Soldier Knocked Out in Burning Nibelheim When Tifa Was Sliced So he shouldn't have Scene that!!

FF8:
When Laguna pushes Adel into The Tomb Ellone vanishes into Thin air

The Robot in The Missle base was Completly Destroyed So Selphie Couldn't have used it to escape

Biggs remains on the tower even though he fell off!

Big D
09-07-2003, 12:31 AM
FF7:

Cloud Messes up his memories yeah! So was there but he mixed up his roles with Zack right?

But How Did he Mess them up when he weren't There!! I mean that sceen Were Sephiroth Goes Mad In the Reactor Cloud is out side Guarding Tifa so he shouldn't have sceen this Likewise Cloud was the Soldier Knocked Out in Burning Nibelheim When Tifa Was Sliced So he shouldn't have Scene that!!
Cloud had five years to talk to Zack and learn from him. Cloud's 'alternate persona' came from listening to Zack's stories.

FF8:
When Laguna pushes Adel into The Tomb Ellone vanishes into Thin air That was a hologram of Ellone. Laguna would never risk her safety like that.

The Robot in The Missle base was Completly Destroyed So Selphie Couldn't have used it to escapeIt wasn't completely destroyed - after the battle, it's still sitting there - just a little worse for wear.

Biggs remains on the tower even though he fell off! They both got blown around by the Evloret, but they didn't fall off. They'd have died if they fell that distance.

MJN SEIFER
09-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Everything Big D Said

Ok!! I'll Work harder on mistakes!!

In Shadow's 3rd dream Barram has a COMPLETLY Different sprite than the other to dreams!!

Double-posting = bad. ~ Big D

Miles_the_11
09-21-2003, 02:27 PM
On the FF logo Kain holds his spear in his right hand and he is clearly left handed

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Same can be said with Sephiroth. In every pic of FMV, he's carrying the sword in his left hand. But during regular gameplay he carries it in his right. Sorta odd.

Flare_Star
09-23-2003, 09:59 PM
right...

i decided to whip braskas final aeons ass again yesterday when i saw that characters dissappear and reappear during the cut scene when you talk to jecht. when you see a close up of jecht walking towards the screen, look behind him, you will see that kimahri is nowhere. usually he is standing next to yuna, but then he is nowhere to be seen. then he reappears next time and wakka is not there (or where he is supposed to be). then they are all back togehter when jecht jumps off the balcony.

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Cauion!!! Afew FF6 Spoilers in this one!! You need To have completed the game!!

FF6:

Shadow traps Kefka between his statues but when we see a shot that place again Kefka has Vanished into fin air!! (So has Shadow but he sometimes goes with you anyway)

Why did Mog need Edgar to save him in Kefka's tower? He could have-Ya-know FLOWN away with those What da ya call em.....WINGS on his back!!

If The Espers Fade away Terra should fade away too instead of staying on the falcon

In the WOR Ziegfried (I think it's that one) goes before you in the Figaro cave He dissapears Suddenly and when you get to the turtle he suddenly apears BEHIND YOU!

Locke's "Portrait" in the Menu has a hatand Locke doesn't were a hat just a head band

When Kefka opens the Esper Gate Various Espers Fly out In cluding ones you ALREADY HAVE!!

Locke Somehow Knows That The battle with Ultros in Thamasa is the 3rd battle!!! (Remember he wasn't there on his first attack!)

eternalshiva
10-02-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
I may just have a bad memory, but doesn't Tidus just say there isn't a Jecht Shot 3?

You can make FFVII screw up if you call Red Nanaki, which annoys me because that would have been a perfect chance for a bit of a clever bonus.

Actually he says that his father called it the Jecht Shot 3 but there never was a first or a secind. He just called it that for effect like, he was trying to improve his already flawless shot.

TheAbominatrix
10-03-2003, 12:57 AM
Why did Mog need Edgar to save him in Kefka's tower? He could have-Ya-know FLOWN away with those What da ya call em.....WINGS on his back!!

Those wings are too small and thin to facilitate flight. Obviously, if he could fly, he would have done so when he was about to fall off the cliff. The only moogles that can fly are the pretend (in the game pretend) ones in the game on FFVII

If The Espers Fade away Terra should fade away too instead of staying on the falcon

Did you not pay attention at all during the end of the game? Maduin explains to Terra that if she has a strong connection to someone or something, she may be able to continue living as a human. Her connection to the children and to her friends was strong enough, so she only lost her powers as an Esper.

In the WOR Ziegfried (I think it's that one) goes before you in the Figaro cave He dissapears Suddenly and when you get to the turtle he suddenly apears BEHIND YOU!

Because there's two of them. In the Collesium, Zieg states that someone is impersonating him, and warns you not to be fooled.

Locke's "Portrait" in the Menu has a hatand Locke doesn't were a hat just a head band

Because the portraits are the Amano pictures. Terra and pretty much everyone else were also blonde in the original Amano pictures, but they did change the colors on the status pictures.

When Kefka opens the Esper Gate Various Espers Fly out In cluding ones you ALREADY HAVE!!

Yep. And ones that are already dead somewhere in the world. Just like in any battle, Square resuses battle sprites.

Locke Somehow Knows That The battle with Ultros in Thamasa is the 3rd battle!!! (Remember he wasn't there on his first attack!)

Obviously they told him. I'm sure each group took the time to fill the others in when they met up again. It would be plain stupid otherwise.

MJN SEIFER
10-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Urm?

When did Maduin say this?

Terra's Ending simply showd a Magicite Fly into the air and then fade like the ones before it, I always Guesed that it was Maduin's Magicite because he's related to Terra and is more important to the story than other Espers. But what part of the ending did this happen?

(Note: I had all members apart From Umaro who sux would that effect the ending?)

TheAbominatrix
10-04-2003, 01:00 AM
No, not having Umaro only effects his ending. And when they stop in the room with the old Esper tubes, the Maduin magicite jumps into one and explains this to Terra. Pay closer attention next time.

§håd0w
10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
This really isn't a mistake, but I found it nifty anyway. Cloud and Sephiroth are wearing the same belts. Just thought I'd point it out.:D

playaGAW
10-07-2003, 01:59 AM
In every FF game the main chracters get hit by swords, guns, lightning(etc) and still don't die. They just sit there waiting for thier turn to attack. Everybody just stands there waiting.

Laguna," I've just been shot it hurts. I'll wait another 2 mintes then shoot you back even though your'e wide open and I am too."

Jalbrean
10-07-2003, 04:04 AM
The only moogles that can fly are the pretend (in the game pretend) ones in the game on FFVII

Not true. There's a moogle in FFIX that flys from place to place as he's being chased by a dog. It's in Treno.

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
Not true. There's a moogle in FFIX that flys from place to place as he's being chased by a dog. It's in Treno.

Wouldnt know, havent played it. Regardless, they don't fly in VI, which is my point.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-13-2003, 03:48 AM
Cauion!!! Afew FF6 Spoilers in this one!! You need To have completed the game!!

FF6:

Why did Mog need Edgar to save him in Kefka's tower? He could have-Ya-know FLOWN away with those What da ya call em.....WINGS on his back!!He was being held, wasn't he? He needed to be pulled loose.
If The Espers Fade away Terra should fade away too instead of staying on the falconIt's explained that Tina's Genjû half does fade away, while her human half remains.
Locke's "Portrait" in the Menu has a hatand Locke doesn't were a hat just a head bandThis is just one example of a very large number of redesigns imposed upon Amano's original characters for conversion to appear among the game's normal graphics.
When Kefka opens the Esper Gate Various Espers Fly out In cluding ones you ALREADY HAVE!!The designers didn't want to have to make unique designs that would only be seen for but a few seconds of game time, so they simply recycled the sprites of the Genjû you can attain.
Locke Somehow Knows That The battle with Ultros in Thamasa is the 3rd battle!!! (Remember he wasn't there on his first attack!) Simple: the others told him about it somewhere along the way. You think they wouldn't mention an incredibly weird purple octopus accosting them, especially since that octopus was the very reason Mash got separate from the party and ran into Cayenne (and Shadow)?

Big D
10-13-2003, 04:04 AM

This is just one example of a very large number of redesigns imposed upon Amano's original characters for conversion to appear among the game's normal graphics.There's also the possibility that Locke owns a hat as well as a headband. Alternate attire would make him almost unique amongst FF characters, but more hygenic than all those other heroes who never change.

Xander
10-15-2003, 05:19 PM
This was probably intentional and not really a mistake but I think it is wrong, and therefore a mistake...

In FFVIII on one of the SeeD tests (I think the first), there is a question along the lines of "Is there any limit to the amount of magic you can stock?" Well I would say yes, there is because you can only stock 99 of each magic, hence that is a limit. But the correct answer turned out to be No.

I guess a possibility is that they mean there is no limit to the types of magic. But still I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting 100% on the test, until I changed my answer to that question.

crono_logical
10-15-2003, 06:47 PM
There has to be a limit anyway, it's not the like game has infinite memory on the cartridge or in the PSX RAM to store unlimited magic :p

Xander
10-15-2003, 08:22 PM
Just noticed another mistake in FFVIII...

When Julia is playing the piano in the hotel in Deling City, the Eyes on Me piano music is playing. When you see her close up she carries on playing the piano after the music has stopped. Doh. :rolleyes2

Talus
10-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
Same can be said with Sephiroth. In every pic of FMV, he's carrying the sword in his left hand. But during regular gameplay he carries it in his right. Sorta odd.

I don't see the problem with that. It doesn't matter what hand you carry a weapon with, it only matters which hand you use it with. Not to mention he could be ambidextrous.

§håd0w
10-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Yeah, that's true. But he uses it lefty in a lot of shots. I just thought it was odd.

Angel_Eyes
10-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Xander
FFX
- Small thing, but it seemed a bit odd, I got attacked by a dark aeon and my characters kept making noises of pain even after they were KOed.

That's what happens in mine. Maybe they're just pretending to be KOed....

In FF9 at the beginning, just after Garnet escapes on the Prima Vista, Brahne snaps her fan in half in anger. However, in the next scene with Zron and Thorn, she's fanning herself with a unbroken fan again. Does she have like unlimitied supplies of thses things?

TheAbominatrix
10-17-2003, 12:48 PM
Well if someone's unconcious and you kick them, they still make noise.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-17-2003, 03:16 PM
And I'd say that, being the Queen, yes, Brahne probably has a basket of spare fans kept at her side at all times.

m4tt
10-17-2003, 04:02 PM
FF6:
Locke Calls Celes By Name in the Operah he shouldn't!

Locke was never part of the play. He didn't have to follow the rules of the script. Either that, or he just called her Celes in the heat of the moment.

§håd0w
10-17-2003, 09:06 PM
And I'd say that, being the Queen, yes, Brahne probably has a basket of spare fans kept at her side at all times.

She's filthy rich. Another 10,000 fans wouldn't hurt her funds.

The Man
10-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by m4tt
Locke was never part of the play. He didn't have to follow the rules of the script. Either that, or he just called her Celes in the heat of the moment. I think that was a Woolsey mistranslation, actually. If memory serves, he calls her Maria in Sky Render's version.

m4tt
10-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Just because sky render had it, doesn't make it right. ~_~

The Man
10-17-2003, 11:17 PM
No, but it's a lot more likely to be right than whatever Woolsey put ;)

MJN SEIFER
10-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Here's Something I found weird:

FF8

After you fight Seifer and Edea together in Galbadia Seifer falls of the Stage and is knocked out But later on in Lunatic whatever just before the 4th Seifer battle he jumps of a much higher object and doesn't get knocked out!

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-23-2003, 08:28 PM
The key difference there is the one between falling and jumping.

MJN SEIFER
10-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Oh I see!

(Just making sure)

Big D
10-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Actually, Seifer wasn't knocked out by the fall. He was knocked out by magic burns, gunshot wounds and sword-stabs.

playaGAW
10-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Another mistake he should have die a painful death from everything BIG D just mentioned.

§håd0w
10-25-2003, 07:44 PM
I found some others in FFVII...

Wall Market (1st disc): When you obtain (insert fabric here) Dress, when Cloud first tries it on, sometimes he runs into the changing room, but other times he walks casually into the room.

Aeris's house (1st disc): When you learn about Aeris's past from Elmyra, the theme differs. Sometimes it plays 'Flowers Blooming in the Chruch' and sometimes it plays 'Aeris's Theme.'

I found these odd since I started replaying it, to see some other date scenes, and I got different things on those with different save files.

Another thing (only if you have an enhancer)... enter a cod to equip Cloud with the Masamune, at the end of the battle when he spins his sword around it'll hit the people surrounding him and it'll hit the ground, but nothing really happens, I just thought it was kinda funny.

Xander
10-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Another mistake he should have die a painful death from everything BIG D just mentioned.

The same could be said for all the times characters get hit with swords, cast spells at, shot, and so on :p

MJN SEIFER
10-30-2003, 08:14 PM
FFX:

Wakka: Let's have our Black Magic show us what to do! Lulu your up!

Just becuas she has Magic first doesn't make her a Black Magic! You Wondn't say Terra (6) or Cloud (7) are Black Magics for the same reason now would you?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Lulu invariably has black magic and weak physical statistics at the point in the game in which Wakka says that, making her perfectly suitable to be called a Black Mage. Such is her path on the Sphere Grid, and no one can divert from their initial paths until later in the game, when Lock Spheres can be acquired.

The Man
10-30-2003, 08:18 PM
well, she would qualify as a black mage, but not a black magic; that's just stupid. Terra doesn't really qualify as either a black mage or a white mage, as she knows both forms of magic innately. I suppose that makes her a red mage. Cloud doesn't qualify as a mage at all, since he doesn't actually know the magic, but can cast it only with the aid of materia.

Edit: blast it, kishi beat me to posting

MagicKnight Locke
10-30-2003, 09:59 PM
ff5
How could gilgamesh die in that cheesy explode attack he did?why didnt the party just life 2 him
ff7
in reactor 5 there was no counter.
Kinda funny how zack died and barret's arm got handicaped by MP! gunshots.While in battle they do MINIMAL damage to you
Just note this out:when elmyra was waiting in the station for his husband in the flashback some oversized fat husband got spinned around by his wife that was remarkebly smaller ;)
How come underwater mp are so much powerful from normal mp. <.<
It was kinda suspicious how could cloud be a ex soldier 1st class while the soldier 1st classes u incounter at the midgar do about 1000 damage vs clouds beginning 40 and have 3000 hp vs clouds bginning 300.
Ironic,no?

§håd0w
10-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by MagicKnight Locke
It was kinda suspicious how could cloud be a ex soldier 1st class while the soldier 1st classes u incounter at the midgar do about 1000 damage vs clouds beginning 40 and have 3000 hp vs clouds bginning 300.
Ironic,no?

It is wierd, but remember... Cloud was only a soldier, not a member of SOLDIER.

The Man
10-31-2003, 02:03 AM
ff5
How could gilgamesh die in that cheesy explode attack he did?why didnt the party just life 2 himLife2 only works on people who aren't actually dead, just wounded. Gilgamesh actually sacrificed his life for the sake of the party, so there's no way casting Life2 on him would accomplish anything.

Of course, the use of the spell name "Life" leads everyone into this gross misunderstanding about what the spell actually does. It's to be expected, really.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-31-2003, 02:52 AM
Yes. The spell commonly called "Life" has always been known as Raise in the Japanese games, which conveys no confusion at all. "Life2" is Araise (not "Arise," though).
ff7
in reactor 5 there was no counter.There was no counter because the plot required #5 not to explode. No mistake there.

Big D
10-31-2003, 11:42 AM
There was no counter because the plot required #5 not to explode. No mistake there.Even people who live in FFVII's world seem to forget that the reactor actually did explode. Watch that FMV when Cloud's falling, the fireball's clearly visible, just not as big as when the first reactor went up. Later in the game, though, people only talk about Avalanche as "those terrorists who bombed a Mako reactor".

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-31-2003, 05:15 PM
I don't buy it.

blue_midget192
10-31-2003, 11:36 PM
dammit u guy these things should be more clearly marked with spoiler warnings! thats the second time thats happened!

TheAbominatrix
11-01-2003, 12:08 AM
There's a spoiler tag in the title, dont come in a thread with spoiler in the title if you havent played all the games yet.

MJN SEIFER
11-03-2003, 06:35 PM
FFX:

When Tidus and the other slide down to Bevelle Lulu isn't there.

If Jyscall was such a great man why did no one care that he died?

Yuna had many opertunities to send Seymour seeing as He always has a fully prepared speech when he fight you so why didn't she?!

There doesn't seem to be any machina in Kilika so why did Sin go after it?

In previous FF games casting cure spells on somone who's dead causes them to feel pain rather than cure them. Now I understand this not happening to Auron as that would give things away but surly Seymour should be efected by this!

Tidus first saw Rikku in he red clothes but when he sees her like that later he doesn't recordnise her! but he does when she apears in her Orange clothes later!

FFVII:

A similer thing happens here! Jenova looks completly different in her final battle, So different you wouldn't know it was her! But somehow Cloud can Tell it's Jenova!

MJN SEIFER
11-26-2003, 04:12 PM
The Song of Pray is out of sink when the Ronso's sing it!

Ooops! I double posted!

:(

sephiroth21
11-27-2003, 12:18 AM
ff x: the last boss

§håd0w
11-27-2003, 12:56 AM
If Jyscall was such a great man why did no one care that he died?

Yuna had many opertunities to send Seymour seeing as He always has a fully prepared speech when he fight you so why didn't she?!

There doesn't seem to be any machina in Kilika so why did Sin go after it?

FFVII:

A similer thing happens here! Jenova looks completly different in her final battle, So different you wouldn't know it was her! But somehow Cloud can Tell it's Jenova!

1. Everyone cared when Jyscall died, they just never showed any scenes on it.

2. Yuna was prevented everytime when they fought him, except for on Gagazet. She had a perfect chance there.

3. Sin attacks anywhere where many people gathered together, Yuna says so in Luca before she is kidnapped.

4. This form of Jenova was Synthesis, so (IMHO) it had to be completely different that the others, seeing as the other forms were destroyed.

Originally posted by sephiroth21
ff x: the last boss

What about the final boss?

MJN SEIFER
11-27-2003, 01:01 PM
This form of Jenova was Synthesis, so (IMHO) it had to be completely different that the others, seeing as the other forms were destroyed.

That's not the mistake. The mistake is that Cloud KNEW it was Jenova (Dispite her looking completly different!)

What about the final boss?

He probably means the way Yevon was designd

and I have to agree! The Thing is too ridiclieously easy!!!

Azure
11-27-2003, 02:11 PM
FFX:

When Tidus and the other slide down to Bevelle Lulu isn't there

Yes she is, look closely and you'll see that Kimahri's carrying her

Philip
11-27-2003, 02:14 PM
That's not the mistake. The mistake is that Cloud KNEW it was Jenova (Dispite her looking completly different!)

He probably means the way Yevon was designd

and I have to agree! The Thing is too ridiclieously easy!!!

Well Cloud was controlled by Jenova, so I think he probably would've known when his 'puppet master' was near. Seeing as he broke down the few times he was near Jenova. But I see what you're saying though.

As for Yu Yevon, that was entirely to easy. Every character was in a constant state of Auto-Life, making it impossible to lose.

TogiB
11-28-2003, 02:40 PM
FF 8

I found a confusing little glitch. When you go to the training center with Quistis after the dance with Rinoa, you are looking at the Garden from quite a way off. at first, i thought this just meant that the secret place wasn't connected to the Garden. but then when the garden starts flying, you can still go there. i don't think that you can look at the garden anymore, but it kinda disturbed me.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
11-29-2003, 07:20 PM
I noticed that, yeah. Pretty shoddy.

blue_midget192
11-29-2003, 10:51 PM
FF8 (also)

when bording the train from timber to go to [East Accadamy Staion] and then on through the woods where you have the second laguna dream and then on to Galbadia garden , you run down to the platform and the rest of ur possie is ther apart from Zell, but when u actually get on the train he walks in 1st!?

§håd0w
11-30-2003, 12:00 AM
Might wanna change to for the tags to work, but the thread has spoiler in the title.

Sometihng odd I noticed in FFX-2, the game sorta revolves around incest (e.g. Brother hitting on Yuna repeatedly)

Kawaii Ryûkishi
11-30-2003, 12:07 AM
Brother is only Yuna's cousin, and his affection for her is just one among the game's many subplots. By no means is it the focus of the story.

§håd0w
11-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Yea, that's true. I just find it wierd everytime I return from a misison and have to listen to Brother. Then having to listen to him complain about it in the bar was quite ammusing as well.

Sasquatch
11-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Shadow is called a girl

Many speaches had the characers name left off

Shadow is referred to as "her" because if you didn't wait for him at the end of the Floating continent, Relm is there instead of Shadow. They probably wrote in Shadow there after they had written most of the situation only if Relm is there.

And as was mentioned, when there is no need to have one specific character say something, it doesn't come from one specific character. For example, when you split up your party, and the remaining members say "we'll be back in Narshe" or something, there's no need to have any specific character say that.

blue_midget192
11-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Might wanna change to for the tags to work, but the thread has spoiler in the title. thanks, i'm realy bad at using thiese tags, i mean iv only just found out how to do the

thing, like that!

§håd0w
11-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Nice, you can also just hit the 'quote' button in the person's post. Lol.

blue_midget192
12-01-2003, 06:10 PM
thats the one thank you soo much!! :)

§håd0w
12-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Sure thing, anytime.

babybahamut
12-31-2003, 09:38 PM
ff9:

necron. think about it. Kuja: "oh, by the way, im not your enemy, its this guy called necron! you have to fight him! i know he had absolutey NOTHING to do with the storyline, but, y'know, fight him anyway!"

ff10:

you cant get "seymour battle 4" as a music sphere.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
12-31-2003, 09:43 PM
Necron made perfect sense in the context of the storyline. If you didn't notice, you just weren't paying attention.

babybahamut
12-31-2003, 09:59 PM
Necron made perfect sense in the context of the storyline. If you didn't notice, you just weren't paying attention.

"hello, im necron, i had nothing to do with anything, but you still have tio fight me, because square wanted to prolong your pain so you could get the really bad ending for defeating two end bosses in a row".

how did he/she/it? have anything to do with the storyline?

§håd0w
01-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by babybahamut
ff10:

you cant get "seymour battle 4" as a music sphere.

Dunno about that one, I think you can get it.

FFX-2: During the good ending, Wakka has subtitles and says "Hey you two, get a room" but there is no speach, only text. Then he speaks in his next line.

babybahamut
01-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Dunno about that one, I think you can get it.

well, i tried for ages to get it, and still it wasnt available. so you cant. :|

§håd0w
01-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Ahh, never really paid attention to the OST in the game, since I had bought it on import. Oh well.

Ultros0
01-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Storm
I know this is not a mistake, but the FMV in FFX when the group is riding on the wire from the airship to Bevelle is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in an FF game.

Wow, it's not real, it's never going to be real.... please hold down start, select, r1, r2, l1, l2, and have a nice night.

EveningCross
01-08-2004, 08:15 PM
This is just a small observance but in FFIX a lot of the countries, or at least Alexandria and Lindblum, boast of airships and such so how come no one decided to take the time to chart out the rest of the world. Those are some lazy explorers. And I know what you would say, "The airships run off of mist so they can't go anywhere else" Well what about the ships that sail in the water like the Blue Narciss? I don't get that. And if you say that the boats couldn't sail in the water before, then how did Freya and Sir Fratley get around the world on their global game of hide-and-seek?

And

Kawaii Ryûkishi: Simple: the others told him about it somewhere along the way. You think they wouldn't mention an incredibly weird purple octopus accosting them, especially since that octopus was the very reason Mash got separate from the party and ran into Cayenne (and Shadow)?

Who the heck is Mash? Is it Locke? Sabin?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Well, who was separated from the party at that point in the game? Think about it. But yes, Woolsey called Mash "Sabin."

The Blue Narciss was the first of its kind, and Freya and Sir Flatley were restricted to the Mist Continent like everybody else.

MJN SEIFER
01-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Or maybe they Jumped :D

EveningCross
01-09-2004, 05:01 AM
Freya and Sir Flatley were restricted to the Mist Continent like everybody else.

Really? I thought that when Freya was at Cleyra (or was it Burmecia) she was regailing the rest of the group with stories of how she'd followed Sir Fratley to the four corners of the earth and couldn't find a trace of him anywhere. That's what's throwing me off. And about the ship, Queen Brahne had a whole fleet of ships when she came to destroy Cleyra. Whenever it was that she died Weren't they in the water or did they fly cause I thought they were in the water. I know that one flew that she and Beatrix were on earlier in the game. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Edit: MJN SEIFER I thought about jumping too. God knows they stay up there long enough!

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-19-2004, 05:27 AM
If you play Final Fantasy Tactics, you will find so many grammatical and spelling errors your head will spin.

TheAbominatrix
01-19-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by EveningCross
Really? I thought that when Freya was at Cleyra (or was it Burmecia) she was regailing the rest of the group with stories of how she'd followed Sir Fratley to the four corners of the earth and couldn't find a trace of him anywhere. That's what's throwing me off. And about the ship, Queen Brahne had a whole fleet of ships when she came to destroy Cleyra. Whenever it was that she died Weren't they in the water or did they fly cause I thought they were in the water. I know that one flew that she and Beatrix were on earlier in the game. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Edit: MJN SEIFER I thought about jumping too. God knows they stay up there long enough!

I never got far in IX, so this is just speculation, but she could mean that she followed him to the four corners of the Earth in more of a symbolic manner. Did the people of the mist continent know there was more outside of their 'world'?

Ultros0
01-19-2004, 03:32 PM
shame on you FFIX is the best!

TheAbominatrix
01-20-2004, 12:00 AM
No, it isnt. And this isnt the forum to hash that out. I didnt like it.

playaGAW
01-20-2004, 07:22 AM
FF9 How did people build a city at Daguero when they didn't know the rest of the world?

FF1 How did Cid's brother get to the uper part of the world when he's on the lower part and there's no connection?

Most FFs Why does the bad guy feel the need to take over the world that would make your life more stressful?
Well, unless your're like Zeromus or Kefka. They wanted to destroy it for fun.

final boss
01-20-2004, 07:25 PM
PlayaGAW: I don't know about Zemus, but Zeromus didn't want to destroy the world for fun. I THINK he/it was an embodiment of hate. Thus no reason.

§håd0w
01-20-2004, 08:57 PM
FF1 How did Cid's brother get to the uper part of the world when he's on the lower part and there's no connection?

Umm, there was no Cid in FFI. Unless you were using the keypad and hit 1 instead of 4.

playaGAW
02-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Umm, there was no Cid in FFI. Unless you were using the keypad and hit 1 instead of 4.
I meant Unne.
Zemus was racist toward life on Earth so yeah I guess desroying it would be fun(obviously).

MJN SEIFER
04-06-2004, 12:37 PM
FF6

Lockes face changes colour when finds Celes in the Oprah scene! (Probably the Colours got messed up and who ever did graphics didn't notice...)

DocFrance
04-06-2004, 03:53 PM
He's blushing.

§håd0w
04-08-2004, 02:06 AM
FFVI (PSX) the sprites get messed up, so when you obtain the second airship (forgot it's name, can't think of it off the top of my head) when Setzer is racing, sometimes the airship will split apart, in the flashback mind you.

The Man
04-08-2004, 03:28 AM
Lockes face changes colour when finds Celes in the Oprah scene!
I actually read that the way he wrote it at first, thinking, "I don't remember Oprah being in FFVI, and that's one of the reasons I liked it." :-[

§håd0w
04-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I was wonderin' for a bit too.

FYI: Opera

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
06-17-2004, 03:31 AM
This isnt a mistake but at the end of FF9 a quote says that "no CLOUD or SQUALL shall hold us apart" or something like that but I know he says CLOUD and SQUALL :mad:

TheAbominatrix
06-17-2004, 05:10 AM
This isnt a mistake but at the end of FF9 a quote says that "no CLOUD or SQUALL shall hold us apart" or something like that but I know he says CLOUD and SQUALL :mad:

Yes, IX is full of refernces to other games in the series.

Old Manus
06-17-2004, 06:57 PM
FFX-2: On the Protect Kilika Temple! mission, you see all warrior monks running away, but they run straight through you. And where would they go? The Youth league are guarding the entrance.

Also FFX-2 in general was a mistake.

§håd0w
06-17-2004, 07:14 PM
FFX-2: On the Protect Kilika Temple! mission, you see all warrior monks running away, but they run straight through you. And where would they go? The Youth league are guarding the entrance.

That happens in all the Final Fantasy's from VII up.

Also FFX-2 in general was a mistake.

Careful who you say that around. I, for one, liked it. The plot wasn't that great, but IMHO it had the best battle system out of them all. Plus that's gonna start a flamefest. Like what happened when some moron decided to compare FFVIII to FFVII. Huge mistake.

MJN SEIFER
07-08-2004, 07:50 PM
ALL FFVII

The discription for "Frog's Song" says it hits all enemy's but it doesn't

The same is true for Blade Beams but in reverse

The water changes depth when Cloud kills Aeris

Also she moves somehow AFTER she dies.

Big D
07-09-2004, 01:14 AM
The water changes depth when Cloud kills Aeris

Also she moves somehow AFTER she dies.Cloud didn't kill her.

Also, the water doesn't change depths. There's a shallow part to that pond, and a deeper 'hole' in the middle of it. Cloud was standing in the shallows, and lowered her body into the water, where she sank into the deeper part.

She didn't move after her death; Cloud was cradling her body, and moved her. Also, Jenova.LIFE is pretty huge, so its tentacles and limbs probably pushed her around.

-N-
07-09-2004, 01:26 AM
The water changes depth when Cloud kills AerisCloud didn't kill her.

:D

SomethingBig
07-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Dunno if anyone said these already, and I'm assuming that someone already did, but what the hey:

The ever so popular "Attack while its tale's up!" from FFVII.

Aeris says, "This guy are tough!" when she's running away from Shinra in the church.

zacks_clone
07-09-2004, 04:22 AM
Kinda funny how zack died and barret's arm got handicaped by MP! gunshots.While in battle they do MINIMAL damage to you

Zack recived about 10 rounds of fire to the head, not the hand. Im sure that would do you in,especially when those fireing off bullets have the gun pressed to your face, even in Final Fantasy VII.

Final fantasy VII mistake(or maybe its just my eyes). Cloud seems to be wearing a purple suit while your running around normaly, but during FMV's it looks blue or black, and in the offical art it looks blue to me.

Also, his suit seems to fit him well, but Zack was older and as far as I know bigger and taller. Unless the suit he game Cloud was to small for him, how in the world could Cloud wear it and not be swimming in it?

UltimateSpamGrover
07-09-2004, 04:22 AM
in FF1 and FF2 the command is "Attack" (in NES version it was "Fight")

in FF4-6 the command is "Fight"

in FF7 and on it returns to "Attack"

Big D
07-09-2004, 06:08 AM
Also, his suit seems to fit him well, but Zack was older and as far as I know bigger and taller. Unless the suit he game Cloud was to small for him, how in the world could Cloud wear it and not be swimming in it?It's not that much of a great fit... in the end FMV, you can see that the legs are really baggy, especially up around his torso. The only reason that uniform stays on is 'cause of the heavy braces.:D

But it's a dark blue colour, I think. Looks purple in the in-game graphics, though, like you say.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Its Final Fantasy, what do you exppect?

§håd0w
07-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Aeris says, "This guy are tough!" when she's running away from Shinra in the church.

When was this? I remember "This guy are sick" whilst in the slums, but not the other one.

escobert
07-10-2004, 10:06 PM
I dunno if someone saw this but in 7 it says 1998 SquareSoft in the 1st reactor.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-11-2004, 06:39 AM
thats only in the versions of the game that were made in the "Greatest Hits" version, because I didnt see it in the original version

§håd0w
07-12-2004, 01:11 AM
Interesting, because I have three versions (US [regular and greatest hits due to damage of discs], and Intl. versions) and didn't notice it in any. I'll look into that.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-13-2004, 02:13 AM
FFX-2 was also a mistake... :laugh:

Rase
07-15-2004, 08:43 AM
What I never understood was that in real life it usually takes one bullet to kill a man, yet in FF7, 8 also It can take 10-25 bullets to kill lets say Seifer,on disc three.

Also people usually die from extrem heat, cold, or electricity going through them. Hence Final Fantasy.

§håd0w
07-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Heh, yeah... I never understood why people continue to live being lacerated with a blade as big as one's self (e.g. Auron, Cloud, Tidus) as then shot at the same instance (e.g. Squall, Seifer). Or how you can live after being impaled with icecicles (e.g. Edea's limit break) or after having a harpoon thrown at you (Ward). It doesn't make since at times. :confused:

Rase
07-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Well, somewhere in here (I think in General FF) there's a thread about what HP and Strength really mean. It basically says that HP is stamina and is how hard it is to dodge the attack. Like with guns, if the persons a crappy shot, it's really easy, but if they're a crack shot, it takes a lot more stamina. You can look it up in Search if you want to read the whole thing.

§håd0w
07-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Too much work for me... I think I'll pass. :D