PDA

View Full Version : An idea I stole from EoFF

PhoenixAsh
07-03-2003, 02:56 AM
You know how in the FFX forum there's a few very useful threads stickied with the Aeon guides and etcetera. How about making ones for the other FFs?
Like Weapon, Summon, Side Quest guides.

I'm not talking about giving site staff more work, just suggesting it to give people desperate to show off their knowledge (got this idea again in FFX forum recently ;p) a go ahead.
The FFX ones helped me a lot, so I'm guessing people who still haven't played the earlier ones would be helped too.

Thanks to Bleys for getting rid of the 17 in my name.

Big D
07-03-2003, 03:02 AM
How about links to the relevant sections of the frontsite?

Detailed info on most of the sidequests etc is available from eyesonff.com. It'd just use up extra space to print the same info in the forums and the frontsite.

Citizen Bleys
07-03-2003, 03:03 AM
Sounds like work.

Raistlin
07-03-2003, 03:04 AM
As long as it doesn't involve any work for me. Which it doesn't. So I approve.

Citizen Bleys
07-03-2003, 03:05 AM
The only work you do around here is working hard at urinating people off. Unfortunately, it doesn't work

Haha, get it? Work?

I kill myself sometimes.

EDIT: So what if I left myself open there. Maybe it's too easy.

PhoenixAsh
07-03-2003, 03:14 AM
I thought about suggesting links to the frontsite, but when I want there it seemed to miss things and be a bit confusing (sorry whoever made it, it still beats most guide I've seen).

The FFX ones were really helpful when I realised that it was impossible for regular humans to work out how to get all the sigils, and plenty of people volunteer to work on the frontsite or to help with threads. As for space, I'm sure two or three detailed sticky threads would allow for a hell of a lot more one question threads to be wiped.

I could probably do the FFVIII ones, or at least start them, though I'm sure someone could do them better than me. I just say that to start a ball rolling in some direction or another.

Raistlin
07-03-2003, 03:28 AM
Don't worry, Bleys. I won't take advantage of you.

Anyways, I'd actually be willing to help with the FF7 parts. Actually, Bleys could just sticky by FF7 General Trivia thread, which would help. *waits for the explosion*

Yamaneko
07-03-2003, 05:47 AM
Bleys should just ban himself from the Feedback forum. We'd probably see more done that way.

Shoyku
07-03-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
We'd probably see more done that way.
Don't get me excited.

Loony BoB
07-03-2003, 09:12 AM
If you guys see anything you think is missing on the frontsite and you can find the information for it, shove it in Site Staff, eh?

*doesn't really have any issues with any of this sticky-thread-in-gaming-forums stuff 'cause he only visits them once every couple of weeks, if not months*

Citizen Bleys
07-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Or I could just close the FF7 General Trivia thread, that would work, too :D

m4tt
07-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Even if we put three or four stickied threads at the top of each forum people would still post threads about those topics.

PhoenixAsh
07-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Yeah but then you get the fun filled stress relief of telling them off and closing threads.

Raistlin
07-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
Or I could just close the FF7 General Trivia thread, that would work, too :D

I meant <i>my</i> FF7 General Trivia thread, and it's already closed, numbnuts. :rolleyes2