PDA

View Full Version : Trivial questions (yeah..^^)

Xu
07-03-2003, 04:10 AM
1.Rackets are the ONLY long ranged weap. in the whole game?

2.It's just me or forks do random damage?

3.Someone has ever managed to use Lucky Seven without dealing 1 damage?

4.If Freya is an physical attacker, why she is in the back row when she joins? (does it make jump better?)

7.What is that "1000 Year Gust" attack of Fenrir, i've never seen it, someone can tell wich add-on provide this attack?

if something else comes up, i ask, ok!:love:

Kurohime
07-03-2003, 07:05 AM
1. Basically, yeah. Everything else is either a sword, spear, knife, or something that you whack the enemy with while it's still in your hands. ;) Long-range and short-range don't really seem to matter all that much in this game, though... at least, I don't notice it...

2. Kinda... it depends on the fork's attack power, the enemy's defnese, Quina's spirit, etc. etc. etc... Attacks are generally a bit random, anyway.

3. Yes. What you need to do is use it when Zidane's HP has the ending number of 7. For instance, if he has HP of 1537, the Lucky Seven damage will be either 7, 77, 777, or 7777.

4. Being in the back doesn't make JUMP any more or less efective. I think it's because she's also a bit of a magic-user as well. Or Square are just being sexist bastards.... ;) Just kidding. Probably no real reason other than she's kind of weak when she first joins your party.

5. (Erm... 7) The "Millenial Decay" attack comes when you use Fenrir and Eiko has the "Maiden's Prayer" item equipped. YOucan get that in either the Chocobo's Hot and Cold game (one of the dead pepper treasures) or in Ipsen's Castle. Once you beat Taharka, you go back up and in the moogle's room, you'll find a few trap doors that will let you drop down into the room below and collect a few treasures. Maiden's Prayer is the one in the far top right corner, I believe.

GOOD LUCK!! Hope this helps! :D

Big D
07-03-2003, 07:42 AM
An addendum to 7...
Numerous summon spells produce a different effect depending upon which accessory is equipped. Carbuncle has about four different attacks, depending on which gemstone is equipped. The quantity of a particular gem being carried affects an Eidolon's power, too.

Rude
07-08-2003, 07:24 PM
3.Someone has ever managed to use Lucky Seven without dealing 1 damage?

Defeated Hilgigars in one turn using Lucky Seven.

nanakixiii
07-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Same here!! But at that time, I didn't know why it did 7777:D Yeah, I can give you the formulas to find out the power of aeons with certain gems, but i'm too lazy... and because I can't stop playing MGS2: substances's skateboarding game!! It rocks!

Reina
07-18-2003, 11:05 PM
7.What is that "1000 Year Gust" attack of Fenrir, i've never seen it, someone can tell wich add-on provide this attack?

The add-on required is the Virign's Hope...

...but it is only in the Japanese version apparently.

Big D
07-19-2003, 04:55 AM
Not JUST in the Japanese version... but in the English translation, it's given the slightly less controversial name of 'Maiden's Prayer'.

Kurohime
07-19-2003, 04:56 AM
Virgin's Hope in the Japanese game is the same as Maiden's Prayer in the English game. :)

*LOL* Ack! Beaten by a minute! ;)