PDA

View Full Version : The Rat Tail in ff4???

Tidus StarWind
07-03-2003, 06:28 AM
Ok..don't make fun of me..but where is it! I can't find it anywheres! ..it's my first time playing that game too so give me some lead way here...

the blitzer
07-03-2003, 07:43 AM
The Rat Tail is in the land of summons. Which is a cave in the underground. You can get to it when your airship has the ablity to fly over lava. While your in the cave make sure you have float and cast it on every floor to avoid damage. The Rat Tail is in a chest in the village. Yiu can also battle aganist Ashura and levithen there. But to beat Ashura you need wall.

starboyK
12-09-2007, 02:14 AM
There needs to be clarification here. The rat's tail is indeed in the land of summoned monsters. After you have travelled through the cave, you end up in a town. On the first floor of the town is a secret space that is tucked up in the southeastern end of the first floor of this town. It is easily recognized once you know where it is, but before that it seems to be a perfectly innocous space on the first level of the town. Besides the rat's tail, you also recieve the Samurai bow (best bow in the game unless you get lucky versus some Karys) and Samurai arrows (2nd best). Walk on every square of the floor if you are having problems seeing it. Just don't walk on the tile that is just like the one that warped you into the room or you will end up outside of the cave of summoned monsters and have to face the cave again in the event that you grab the items before heading to the bosses... Leviathan and Asura

Sidenote... seemingly somewhat obvious... take the tail to the cave southeast of silvera, or whatever they call it in subsequent remakes, then take the adamant to the smith in the southeastern most part of the underground. I believe that anytime after the Giant of Babil, he will give you the Excaliber (Paladin Cecil's 2nd best sword)

Miriel
12-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Please don't revive such old threads. Start a new one instead.