PDA

View Full Version : squall and who

sephiroth23
07-04-2003, 05:29 AM
if you were squal which girl would you choose? personaly i think he made the right choice with riona

Fuzakeru
07-04-2003, 06:01 AM
*Shudders* Well, I can't see him with Selphie and I'm totally bent on the believe that Quistis and Seifer SHOULD have gotten together so I sayin' that he got the leftovers. *Laughs* Not much of a Rinoa fan myself . . . Quistis all the way baby!

Wightraven
07-04-2003, 06:02 AM
I disagree. Rinoa is very pretty, but she's much too manipulative. I wouldn't want a lover I'd be afraid to turn my back on. Her flirting technique also reminds me of that of High School... um... "ladies of the evening"... that had plague me.

Quistis was more of a "Ma'am" and a responsible girl than I would have ever liked to date. Can't deal with a girlfriend who'd be doting on my like my mother...

Selphie was cute and fun but she was WAY too hyper.

So I would have gone with Fujin. *grins* She's quiet, but very deep, and the eyepatch-silver hair thing is a great look.

However I wouldn't be Squall if I had the choice; I'd be Irvine. So there.

Ultima Seraph
07-04-2003, 08:29 AM
If I were Squall, I would have fallen in love with Rinoa because that's how Square wrote it. >DDD Just being a smart ass. ^^;;;;;;

I like Rinoa the best out of all of the girls. Quistis got a little to clingy to Squall in the "pity-me" way, while Rinoa was clingy in the "hug me" way.

Selphie is just WAY TO HYPER.

IamTidus
07-04-2003, 08:45 AM
I think he should have gone with Xu. And thats all I'm saying.

Big D
07-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Xu? I can understand that. She was responsible and mature but also capable of enjoying herself.

However, I think Squall and Quistis would've made a better couple. She could teach him to open up a little, and he could show her how to cope a little better with pain and hardship. They've got a lot to offer each other. Quistis certainly deserved better treatment than she got. Squall would've had fewer arguments with her than with Rinoa; they also have a number of things in common - their history, occupation, etc.

Miriamel
07-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Honestly, I don't like either of the three main FF VIII girls.

Selphie is much too childish and hyper, I could not deal with her as my partner. Quistis... hmm. Just not my type, I suppose. She comes across as a little arrogant and dominant.

Rinoa - anyone read "The Big Sleep"? There's a girl called Carmen. Rinoa reminds me of her. Basically Carmen tries to get guys by acting all cute and lovely. Rinoa is just too much 'play' and the typical girl character.

I'd most like to see Squall and Terra together, going by their characters.

TheAbominatrix
07-04-2003, 02:46 PM
I'm with Moonlady on this. I didnt really think any of them would be good with Squall.

Rinoa - She's such a child, and like WrightRaven said, she's very much into those high school games. When she believes her boyfriend is dead, she jumps on Squall within the hour. That's horrid. I dont think she'd be loyal at all... and that would destroy poor Squall after he'd given his heart to her.

Selphie - Eh... what everyone else said. She'd say Booyaka too many times and he'd sock her.

Quistis - She's the best of the lot, but she had a tendency to be a bit too dramatic about liking him. I'm a big fan of drama-free relationships. (So why cant I have one!?)

Erdrick Holmes
07-04-2003, 03:38 PM
I would do Selphie just to Spite Irvine.

Wightraven
07-04-2003, 04:04 PM
She'd say Booyaka too many times and he'd sock her.

You can't imagine the delightful picture show that played in my head when I read that!

Shorty
07-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Selphie was intolerable throughout the game. I can't imagine why Irvine - or anyone - would even consider her.

Quistis was a needy emotional wreck, though there were some likeable things about her. I'm not sure how much Squall would like being attatched to someone so dependant of others.

Rinoa was the most likeable for me, though she did an awful lot of complaining. Her "tough girl" act wasn't much cover, either.

..Squall should go with Adel. *nods*

m4tt
07-04-2003, 06:28 PM
I think Squall would go well with a rock.

Squall's Gal
07-06-2003, 11:00 AM
A rock? Good choice.

I like Rinoa sometimes, but yeah she was too childish. Quistis was as Ultima Seraph said, too clingy in the 'pity-me' way and I thought Selphie rocked! She's sooo cool! Not for Squall, though... yeah, Squall and a rock really sounds good.

But like someone else said way back up the thread, they'd rather be Irvine, I'd rather be Selphie and GET Irvine!

Cyan_Lightning
07-06-2003, 12:23 PM
So I would have gone with Fujin. *grins* She's quiet, but very deep, and the eyepatch-silver hair thing is a great look.
I have to agree there. Squall and Fujin would make a good match, being as they are both naturally reserved, and therefore wouldn't subject each other to continual attempts to 'open up', or the like. Mutual understanding and care would occur with time, instead of with unreasonable and unwanted heckling, which would be in the best interests of both characters.

The over-dinner conversations would hardly be anything to write home about, however.

On a different note, discarding gender, I feel that Seifer would be the best match for Squall.

Prior to Edea's appearance, Seifer takes on an odd big-brother role where Squall is concerned. Examples of this are littered all through the Dollet mission, where Seifer tries, and succeeds, in engaging Squall in conversation, which others have failed to do. Furthermore, when Seifer mentions his dream, Squall is actually interested, something which hasn't happened before in passing conversation.

Both Seifer and Squall have difficult personalities, and you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who could actually put up with the 'alpha-male' or 'iceberg' tendencies for too long. Seifer and Squall have managed to co-exist without attempting to kill each other so far - bar the Sorceress fiasco - I really don't see why they can't keep it up their little sequence of - Push. Ignore. Push. Ignore. Push. React - for the next 60 years or so.

Senna
07-07-2003, 08:28 PM
If I was Squall I would choose Quistis, but I think Seifer and Quistis would be a better pair anyway so Squall should be with Rinoa.

Sephiiroth
07-08-2003, 01:41 AM
i would have to pick rinoa she is the coolest and hotest :whoa:

cat_manda
07-08-2003, 05:48 AM
hey im a rinoa fan and i think he made the right choice

Senna
07-08-2003, 09:20 PM
She was the right choice for him. He was so broody and her more sensitive and passionate character was really good for him :D

Savannah
07-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Cyan_Lightning
Prior to Edea's appearance, Seifer takes on an odd big-brother role where Squall is concerned. Examples of this are littered all through the Dollet mission, where Seifer tries, and succeeds, in engaging Squall in conversation, which others have failed to do. Furthermore, when Seifer mentions his dream, Squall is actually interested, something which hasn't happened before in passing conversation.

Both Seifer and Squall have difficult personalities, and you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who could actually put up with the 'alpha-male' or 'iceberg' tendencies for too long. Seifer and Squall have managed to co-exist without attempting to kill each other so far - bar the Sorceress fiasco - I really don't see why they can't keep it up their little sequence of - Push. Ignore. Push. Ignore. Push. React - for the next 60 years or so.

Ah, someone who agrees with me. *grin*
I totally support an imaginary Seifer/Squall relationship. Squall is the only person that Seifer mildly respects or trusts, and Seifer is the only person who can push the right buttons to get Squall to open up. They grew up together and both have developed methods of preventing people from getting too close, so they understand each other. I think that, after neither of them were adopted at the orphanage, it both pushed them together and drove them away. They needed each other, but they were both afraid of abandonment.

Rand Al'Tor
07-09-2003, 01:23 PM
hmmm... true, though Squall/Seifer can evolve in a hatred as quickly as it would involve in love. Hmmm... Squall and Selphie.... You know, that doesn't sound THAt bad at all. Rinoa fits better with Seifer in a way I think. (they'd be a cute pair, both acting cocky and self assured) Quistis needs someone who's better at expressing emotions then Squall. Seifer on the other hand is too agressive sometimes, he'd break her heart without trying. Zell maybe? I don't think Squall would lose patience with Selphie. He's not the type to actually sock someone I think, nor is Selphie the type to get hurt by his coldness sometimes. (as Rinoa and Quistis would) She'd just urge him to do something incredibly stupid until he gives in.

That said, all pairings COULD work I guess, if the characters involved would really want it. (of course, we ARE talking about fictional characters)

Ki Ki
07-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Rinoa's the prettiest for sure!
But....beauty is only skin deep.
I don't like her personality.
It's irratating...forever complaining!
And irrataitng Squall!
He probably chose her cuz he wanted her to stop irratating him!Hehe...
Selphie's a cool girl! But not for Squall...
Quistis...would probably be better as squall's older sister! But she's also pretty.
So...I think Squall should have ended up as a loner....he was HOT as a loner...! :love:

Squall X
07-11-2003, 02:21 AM
rinoa for sure...quistis aint too shabby either...

Mo-Nercy
07-15-2003, 09:26 AM
What was wrong with Ellone? Too sisterly I suppose. They care about each other so much though

Rinoas'_evil_twin
07-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Ellone is Squalls sister. Ellone was either Raines daughter or was cared for by Raine. Laguna married Raine on the rebound from Julia and Raine died giving birth to Squall. Laguna didn't know about Squall and so Ellone and Squall went into Edea's orphanage. Ellone was taken away because of her ability and so Squall and Ellone were separated. That is why Squall is so moody and anti-social Anyone disagree?

Big D
07-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Squall and Ellone were basically brother and sister, but not biologically. Ellone's parents were murdered by Esthar soldiers when they refused to allow Ellone to be taken as a potential successor to the aging Sorceress Adel. Raine adopted Ellone and raised her after that.

xSiLeNtStArx
07-15-2003, 08:21 PM
**SPOILER**Squall and Ellone have a brother- sister relationship but not related by blood. Squall is the child of Laguna and Raine(or so the game implies) and Ellone was adopted and cared for by Raine. ***SPOILER**

Anyway, I think Rinoa for Squall is fine. I mean, he obviously liked her enough to fall in love with her, right? I suppose she CAN be a tad annoying at times, but she's got her heart in the right place, and it's apparent that she returns his feelings. I think that they contrast each other well enough.

final_azure
08-31-2003, 03:27 AM
forget Rinoa and Selphie, and Qistis...just skip ahead and have Squall kick Tidus's ass...and take Yuna