PDA

View Full Version : Geez, that's it?

Strider
07-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Okay, well, early early this morning I finally beat the game. Go me. I had one qualm with it, though. . .

SEPHIROTH IS TOO FRIGGIN' EASY!

Okay, or maybe it's just me. After all, I did level up quite a bit. Cloud was at . . .75, and Tifa and Red XIII were at 69. Then again, I didn't really have to use much of anything. I used Knights of the Round once (I didn't level up that Materia at all), Leviathan once, Odin a couple of times. . .I used Red to mostly heal, and Tifa basically fought with Premium Heart (her limit bar was nearly full).

I did almost die a couple of times, but nothing really really threatening. Tifa died once, so did Red. But they were both revived without too much of a problem. The fight was over in about seven minutes (a lot of that can be attributed to the fact that Supernova takes so freaking long to connect, so actual fighting was more like four minutes).

So here's the question. . .Was Sephiroth too easy for you?

Wightraven
07-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Sephi was a breeze. I had some problems with Jenova Absolute or whatever form it was she was in, but that was it.

Ending's a real disappointment too, ain't it?

Anyway, it's been a year or dva since I've beaten it, but I can almost assure you my party was Cloud, Cid, and Yuffie. Yuffie used All Creation a few times, Cid kicked some major ass with skills, and Cloud just hit the crap out of Sephi. Needless to say the boy barely got off his second Supernova before he was a deader.

Max
07-05-2003, 01:31 AM
OMG he was so easy I dont get why they made Ruby and Emerald so tough and Sephy so easy.:choc: :choc: :choc: :mog: :mog: :mog:

zacks_clone
07-05-2003, 03:01 AM
hmm...to me he wasnt easy at all.infact,it took me an hour to beat him...and yeah,sadly,i cheated with gameshark.tifa and cloud were levels 99,while vincent was 89.vinc and cloud both had their ultimate wepons.I did have kotr,but even with it it was dificult for me.perhaps its because im not one of the best 'gamers'.

ZeZipster
07-05-2003, 04:33 AM
zacks_clone, you have commited one deadly gamer sin. Your gaming life is doomed to pointless cheap quick-game beating. I reccommend you make up for your act against the gaming community by using www.gamefaqs.com when you need help. You don't need any cheating and you still can beat the game.

Wightraven
07-05-2003, 09:17 AM
zacks_clone, besides all that I don't believe I had KOTR when I beat Sephi. Perhaps why it took you so long, ne? I mean, you can start KOTR, get up, make some popcorn, order a pizza, use the loo, call grandma and talk about her surgery, then get the pizza, flirt with the delivery person, sit back down and it's STILL going on.

Still, shame on you for cheating. Only cheat AFTER you've beaten the game once. After.

Also, I've heard that once your characters reach level 99, Sephi becomes harder, so that might be a part of it.

Zifnab
07-05-2003, 01:16 PM
My very first time through I had some major problems on Bizarro Sephiroth. My party was so weak that he healed more than I was dealing him with his Bizarro Energy.
Then I went back out, did the (rather long) chocobo breeding quest to get KoTR materia. And when I first summoned it, it was pure bliss... those Kalm Fangs didn't know what hit 'em. :P
Bizzy died in one KoTR, and Safer died pretty quickly too.

Hmm, I'd say now they're too easy, but at the time they was more than challenging.

Big D
07-05-2003, 03:48 PM
FFVII was my first RPG, and as such, I got used as a doormat by Jenova-SYNTHESIS, Bizarro Sephiroth and Safer Sephiroth many time before victory was mine.

Now, though, they're never a problem.

eternalshiva
07-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Sephiroth was super easy, I was full in everything and had all the materia... nothing like having everyone copy cat Knights of the round ;p

Rude
07-08-2003, 07:06 PM
All of them are very easy. The only threat to your party is Super Nova, and that is because it lulls you to sleep in the middle of the battle with Safer(Savior) Sephiroth.

Blathnaid
07-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Sephiroth? Easy. Or at least, now he is. Now that I've taken my time and gotten the Ultimate Weapons for my characters. Now that I've taken the time to obtain KOTR and the other materia on islands only accessable by chocobos. Now that I've taken the time to deafeat Emerald Weapon and obtain the Earth Harp, just so I could get the Master Materia. Now that I've taken the time to beat Ruby Weapon just because I beat the other one, and this one had to die. Now that I've taken the time to get to level 99, and obtain 4th level limit breaks for the people in my party. Because I've taken the time to prepare, Sephiroth is the easiest son of a bitch ever in videogaming history.

But before all that, I had a hard time not getting my ass handed to me by Jenova-Synthesis. I haden't taken the time to get all the stuff that would have made beating him a lot easier than it was. Not to mention I was a little intimidated by him (FFVII was my first RPG).

You have all the stuff I didn't have when I first confronted him (I was around level 54 at the time). If you seriously thought Sephiroth was easy, and want a real challange, than I suggest you go and take down the two most powerful enemies in the game (their techinacally not bosses). Go get in you sub and kill off the Emerald Weapon. Than go to the Corel Desert and beat the Ruby Weapon (or visa-versa).

Oh, and zacks_clone? It's not right to cheat. Cheating is wrong. Now, I want you to go back and play the whole thing over again, and think about what you did.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Jenova-SYNTHESIS? like eating hash browns. Bizzaro Sephiroth? easier than brushing your teeth in the morning (ok, maybe not, but still...)....as for Safer, he was just way too easy. I mean, my Cloud was at level 88, Yuffie and Vincent at 85, and the rest at 62 cuz i never bothered using them at all.
but in fact, i beat safer with my weakest characters. Cloud, Tifa, Barret. after he cast SuperNova, which takes away about 90% of ur maximum HP, i did a LIMIT BREAK galore. Barret used Big Shot (HAH! now you can see how much i really trained him). Tifa used Beat Rush and Somersault, and Cloud used Omnislash and he was a goner.

I AM THE MASTER OF FF3, FF7, CT, AND CC!

Evil_Cloud
07-11-2003, 09:30 AM
lol, my Cloud is so powerful, i can use Omnislash on Savior Sephiroth using my Buster Sword and kill him in one turn. hehe, and they call him the Final Boss, lmao.

SOLDIER #819
07-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Doesn't Safer Sephiroth have enough HP to take a fully powered Omnislash? I don't remember being able to beat him with Omnislash (At least, with just one Omnislash.), even when each hit dealt 9,999 damage. Then again, it's been so long...

But for me...Uh...I guess it varied on how I attacked. Safer Sephiroth can been quite hard if you limit yourself, he (can) keep you on your toes in some parts. That's just my opinion though. I think a lot of Final Fantasy VII's attacks were very...VERY powerful, which is why the game may have been easier than others.

Oh...Safer Sephiroth does get stronger though, depending on Cloud's level. That's what I remember people saying, anyway. I think that if Cloud was at level 75 or higher, Safer Sephiroth would become a lot more difficult. I'm not sure though, although I'd really like to think it was Level 75.

And Big D, I feel your pain. Final Fantasy VII was my first RPG as well. I think it went worse for me though. Instead of getting whipped around by JENOVA Synthesis, Bizarro Sephiroth, and Safer Sephiroth, my experience (And lack of reading the instruction manual.) got me batted around by the Guard Scorpion.

I could always use the "I was uneducated! I didn't know any better! I didn't know Lightning did more damage to it, or that I should have healed!" excuse, but that'd probably only make me look more pathetic. ;_;

Ouch.

Psychotic
07-13-2003, 01:18 PM
You all think he is easy? well, you brought all that upon yourselves.

1) Don't use KoTR or any level 4 limit
2) Be at level 40-60.

Try again, tell me if you find him easy. The first time I beat him, I found him extremely hard, I did stay to those rules, but that wasn't out of choice, that was out of me not being very good at the time.

SOLDIER #819, I sympathise with your Guard Scorpion problem. I misread what Barret said as "Attack when it's tail is up" rather than "DON'T attack when it's tail is up" I didn't trust Barret ever again. (It may have been Cloud that said that, I don't know, but I presumed it to be Barret)

Shoyku
07-13-2003, 01:35 PM
I was quite the completist when I initially bought Final Fantasy VII and started my RPG and Final Fantasy gaming career. Once I had gotten through everything I wanted to, I had gotten my party level average to 97-99. The least I can say is that Sephiroth wasn't nearly as easy for me the first time around as he was for most of you. Though seeing that final fight scene with Cloud and Sephiroth made it all worth it, it was dramatic, and so cool.

HOOTERS
07-13-2003, 02:28 PM
The first time he wiped the floor with me. I didn't have KOTR or Omnishlash and I only had around 3000 HP for everyone. After I got whipped I went back out and got HP pluses and got 9999 HP for everyone and then I was able to defeat him but it was still a challenge, with my most powerful attack being Ultima.

It has only been this last time that I have got KOTR and I think it just spoils the game. I was excited to fight Sephy again and then when it only took one KOTR to kill him I resetted, unequiped the summon and fought him again.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-14-2003, 04:28 AM
my bad...Super Nova doesn't have a definite amount of damage, it just does to you damage equal to about 90% of each of your characters maximum hp and silences them.

Evil_Cloud
07-14-2003, 08:41 AM
Supernova does more than that. it brings all ur characters HP to Critical, causes silence, frog, confuse, sleep, and mini. it doesnt necessarily do all those status effects at once, but Supernova can cause those status effects.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Cloud
Supernova does more than that. it brings all ur characters HP to Critical

that's pretty much what i said...

SOLDIER #819
07-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic

SOLDIER #819, I sympathise with your Guard Scorpion problem. I misread what Barret said as "Attack when it's tail is up" rather than "DON'T attack when it's tail is up" I didn't trust Barret ever again. (It may have been Cloud that said that, I don't know, but I presumed it to be Barret)

Phew. I thought I was the only one (Or of the few, few, few, few, few.) who was hit around/beaten by it, lol. Looks like there's a larger percentage out there than I thought. But it looks like once you get the hang of the controls, Materia, etc., it isn't too hard.

That happens to me a lot, a game can seem extremely overwhelming, but once you settle in, it isn't too hard. That really happened to me with Star Ocean: The Second Story. That game is extremely, extremely busy. You'll probably almost always have something to do before you advance. But I'm going off course.

*INCOMING DISC 3 SPOILERS*

I agree with a lot of you though...If people toned their characters down, it wouldn't be as easy as you may think. Sephiroth CAN be hard, but because fully powered Level 4 Limit Breaks and Knights of the Round were implemented, it just became drastically easier. Very overkill in someways, except maybe the WEAPONs. They had their ways of getting around it.

Strider
07-15-2003, 12:55 AM
I knew I leveled up too much. Damn it.

chocoboy
07-15-2003, 01:57 AM
I was really intimidated by Sephiroth. Being that FFVII was my first RPG, it's JUST excusable. I took advice from a friend and levelled up (got bored at lvl80), stole 3 ribbons, found all the ultimate weapons, got 4xcut for everyone (got very bored), used HP plus materia, used big guard first thing and kicked ass!

He was too easy, but thats my fault for getting too many levels.

Strider
07-15-2003, 04:00 AM
Actually, I was planning on taking on the Weapons, but then I got lazy, said "the hell with it, let's go after Sephiroth" and breezed through the Northern Crater. Only had one Ribbon, only used Premium Heart and Ultima Weapon once I got to Jenova, had only one 2X-Cut (didn't bother with that one, either), and . . .okay, yeah, I used a few HP Pluses. They didn't put me at 9999, though. Didn't use Big Guard, either. I actually forgot about that.

Raistlin
07-15-2003, 04:41 AM
Sephiroth becomes around 5x more difficult at level 99. But then at that time, you're expected to have KotR, Omnislash, etc, so it sorta balances out.

Oh, if you want to make it more difficult, you can do one simple thing: don't equip ribbons.
Also, don't use KotR, Level 4 Limits etc. Or you could just not use materia altogether. Or just go fight the Weapons.

Strider
07-15-2003, 04:56 AM
Hmmm. . .That would be interesting. I might have to try that, and die a horrible horrible death in the process.

Storm
07-15-2003, 05:23 AM
I found the Safer Sephiroth battle to be quite difficult. At the time, I never realized you could actually remove "Wall" from Sephiroth, nor did I have any idea what a ribbon did for you. Sephiroth seemed to enjoy consistently using the combo of Super Nova/Break/Flare/Wing Slash on me. Also, my best spell was Fire 3 at the time. I did manage to beat him being this stupid, although I think he used Super Nova at least 8 times in that battle.

Atma Weapon
07-15-2003, 06:05 AM
Before i started playing FF7, i ordered FFT from ebgames.com and it arrived when I was half way finished with FF7. Needless to say i got in a hurry, ran away to much, avoided sidequests, and ended up reaching Sephiroth at a little over level 30 with extremely weak weapons and level 3 limit breaks. I couldn't even beat the dark dragons in the crater area because their ultima killed me in one hit.;) The only thing I had going for me was a stockpile of about 70 of the best potion you could buy (i think it was high potions, i don't know for sure it's been awile) and by the end of the fight I was down below 10.It took all day and about 20 tries, but I finally killed him.

edczxcvbnm
07-15-2003, 06:21 AM
Yes. Sephiroth was way too easy for me. I went into the battle like a random battle and still won. I was at level 48 with Cloud. None of my characters had accessories to reduce most status effects(that sucks when facing safer). Barret had on that prevented Small and Mini but that was it.

Give that...I still ruled ass on sephiroth. He is just a pathetic boss. None of his attacks can actually kill you. They just bring you really :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing close to death and those status defects are suppose to finish the job I guess.

Storm
07-15-2003, 06:25 AM
[SB]Give that...I still ruled ass on sephiroth. He is just a pathetic boss. None of his attacks can actually kill you. They just bring you really :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing close to death and those status defects are suppose to finish the job I guess.

I think that wing slash Sephiroth does will do around 6000 damage or so. At level 48, that should be enough to kill you(unless you're stacked with HP Plus Materia).

edczxcvbnm
07-15-2003, 04:50 PM
I had around...4000 ish HP at best when I had HP plus materia on. When you are that low leveled so are all your materia.

It has been a while since I played the game so I would have to beat the game to see that attack. I honestly don't remember that attack.

Also that battle I described went on so long that Sephrioth ran out of MP...yes it is possible.

Raistlin
07-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Atma Weapon
B The only thing I had going for me was a stockpile of about 70 of the best potion you could buy (i think it was high potions, i don't know for sure it's been awile) and by the end of the fight I was down below 10.It took all day and about 20 tries, but I finally killed him.

The mere fact that you even used Hi-Potions that late in the game shows how underpowered your characters were.