PDA

View Full Version : Oh, so many questions... ((spoilers))

Gudni_fighter
07-04-2003, 07:33 PM
okay, after having finished the game a few days ago many questions are driving me nuts. so, i decided to ask you people about them. ok, here goes:

1. what is umaro using as a weapon? is it really a shovel or are my eyes fooling me?

2. why did strago join the cult of kefka? as far as i can tell all of the guys there joined with their own free will.

3. what the hell was up with shadow at the end of the game?! he just sat down while the others ran away and said something like "i'm gonna start over, interceptor". but how can you start over if you die?! ughh...

4. so they beat kefka, escaped on the airship, the espers died and terra survived...
then what? the damn game needed an ending that showed what happened afterwards, you know, really after the battle. they should have done it like they did in ff8 (you know, with the video camera and stuff).

well, that's about it folks.

and p.s.: this game totally lacked hard bosses. i mean, the dragons and kefka were just way to easy! the only boss who was some kind of challenge was the magimaster, and that was just because he used ultima at the end. thank god for life3, huh?

TheAbominatrix
07-04-2003, 07:36 PM
1. It's a club, I believe

2. He gave up his will to live after he lost Relm. He couldnt leave that area, I dont think, so he just joined the cult. Didnt see a reason not to, he had nothing left

3. Perhaps he believed in reincarnation.

4. Yes it did, but that's how most FF endings were. I liked it, personally.

and as to the P.S. I'd rather have a good story line than difficult bosses. I was completly happy with it.

Wightraven
07-04-2003, 08:06 PM
1. A club, or perhaps a hammerish thing... or a peice of rock tied to a stick. You never know with those yeti...

2. See above.

3. Perhaps Shadow just stayed behind and found an alternate route down, or summat like that. The ending's open for a bit of interpetation, which I think is good.

4. Picky git! That's one of the most well-done FF endings ever! Besides, if they woul have said what happened with everyone after there'd be little to no freedom for fanfic writers like myself!

As for the last part, if you used a strategy guide/FAQ/friend's help/Game Shark (as much as I advocate it) you've no room to talk.

m4tt
07-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Umaro uses a Bone Club. It clearly says that on his Equipment screen.

Wightraven
07-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Yeah but you know what a crappy translation FFVI was. "Bone Club" could actually be "Ketchup Packet" or summat. You never know.

... unless you're Japanese. Then, I guess you know.

m4tt
07-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Crappy Translation? I've seen worse.

Strider
07-06-2003, 05:46 AM
Dude, Umaro doesn't have an equipment screen. But yeah, it's a Bone Club. You can actually win them at the Colosseum, I think.

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Well you can always do the thing where you look at everyone's total equipment at once :p

Wightraven
07-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Um, Strider, Umaro DOES have an equip screen. He has a Bone Club and a Snow Muffler.

playaGAW
07-14-2003, 02:48 AM
1.His hands I believe the shovel looking thing comes from the swiping motion. He uses other members of the party as weapons and his breath.

2. He felt like it.

3.Don't know he died on the floating contibnent with me.

4.I also believe it needed a better end8ing. The espers died but Terra stayed because she had an attachment to the children of Mobliz. Everyone escaped from the tower and sailed over the only spot of in the world that was still green. Killing Kefka I've always believed didn't stop the damage to the world, it was already done. The world still decayed but people survived. Killing Kefka might have been pointless as all he did was cause the damage it didn't change anything.

Captain_Spaulding
07-14-2003, 05:54 AM
1. Actually your eyes are fooling you. Its a gun.

2. There is no such thing as free will, only free ice cream

3. Simple, he was a french settler. Think about it

4. I guess you didnt wait long enough. I saw like a 2 hour movie after I beat it. Johnny depp was in it. It was good.

Next time ask intelligent questions that will stump me. You are sad.

Edit by Gau: If you aren't going to add useful information to the topic, don't bother posting

Behold the Void
07-19-2003, 08:25 AM
1. Yes, it is a bone club according to the "everyone" equipment screen. In this case, I believe it is a valid translation for a sasquatch.

2. As was said by others, Relm was Strago's only reason for living. When she "died," he became so distraught that he seemed to lose the will to go on. Hence the cult.

3. Shadow IS a ninja. I doubt he stayed in there, he probably managed to find his way out, just like everyone else. After all, he gets away from the floating continent, (if you wait) it just takes time.

4. I rather liked the ending, I thought it was pretty good. Fit into the storyline quite well, in my opinion.