PDA

View Full Version : The Windurst Liberation Army

Pages : [1] 2

Aureus Dragonsbane
07-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Once upon a time, way back in the day, a FFXI clan called the Windurst Liberation Army resided here. The WLA was first conceived of by Grand Lethal as a "Midget Alliance" of Tarus, and several others help build the idea into the clan we have today.

Over time, the WLA grew. We gained many members, but, unfortunately, many were extremely inactive, and some we never even saw after they joined.

Now, we have dwindled. We have lost all but the best, most loyal members (ME, and a couple others :D ). As such, the WLA is now looking to recruit some new members. We would like as many people as possible. If you want to join, post here. Apart from that, post at our main forums at: www.teamwa.no-ip.com/wa/forums/home. Unfortunately, these forums are temporarily down, so just post here for now.

Ouch!
07-05-2003, 01:22 AM
I am one of those 'other' members who have stayed loyal. I am Sir Zaphier Darkheart (despite the name I don now), Commander of the Black Mages under Cap'n Alpha (all of the WLA members must refer to Alpha as such), Representative of the Tarutarus in the WLA's Higher Council and Treasurer of the WLA. It's a lot of titles, I know, just read my sig. XD

I have only one requirement of people who join. You call Alpha Cap'n whether you serve under him or not. This is my conspiricy against him, if you fail to cooperate you will most likely no longer possess a head. Spiffy, yes.

I urge all who are interested to join, for we are a good group of friends who are willing to take you under our wings and teach you what you must know about FFXI.

A note directed at those who are already knowledgable about the ways of FFXI, you'll have fun parading around a bunch of lunatics who know what they're doing.

On a side note, I would like to mention that if anyone has any question regarding a certain group I am forming that is not a clan in any shape or form, nor directly related to the WLA, please contact me via PM. It will be known as the UCS... if you wish to know what stands for, you'll have to ask. All I can say, is that it will raise gil for the WLA.

*winks at those who are already familiar with the UCS*

Happy joining people.

Tom Morello
07-05-2003, 01:43 AM
Hi all! The name's Taerdin, 2nd in command of the WLA.

I'd just like to further what everyone else has said by saying that we welcome newcomers, and gladly share all our info with you. We have two beta testers in our clan, and one or two others who visit, who will gladly answer your questions, and tell you about the world of Vana D'iel

Going to our site would be great, you can check it out here:

http://68.146.94.209/wla/index.asp

Our forums were posted above.

You may also want to add me as a contact if you have msn messenger, as I am very active and hold a high position in the clan.

My email is: taerdin36@yahoo.ca

All of the remaining members of the WLA know virtually everything they can possibly know about the game, without actually playing it (and some have even played it... like me:D). We are all great, and experienced gamers from the ages of 14-24 (or is it 25... *forgets*).

So yeah... go ahead and post if you want to join one of the greatest FFXI clans out there :D

Aureus Dragonsbane
07-05-2003, 01:47 AM
Right, feel free to add me as well. Insane_Elf38@hotmail.com .

Tom Morello
07-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Guys... maybe we should talk about something instead of just jamming a recruitment thread here... like... FFXI maybe?

I don't know, it's just a thought... :D

And I forgot to mention, don't listen to Zaphier, he's crazy. You don't have to call Alpha cap'n... I sure don't and he doesn't care...

Yeah... FFXI is great... and stuff... :D

Doc Sark
07-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Oooh a clan!!! I remember the EoFF Army that was started here about two years ago......where are they now?

Ouch!
07-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Yes, the EoFF clan, disbanded because they found that the game wasn't coming out until we all have grandchildren... *shrugs*

Sure Taerdin, why don't we discuss something... as in what our clan is all about... I have noticed that what we stand for is nowhere in the description.

And you do have to listen to me, I am insane, but it makes no difference. Humor me and call Alpha by Cap'n, just because it ticks him off so much and he won't get mad at you, but at me because I started the thing.

...speaking of which, doesn't he know we're doing this? He could impress others with his expansive collection of pictures... If any of you others are involved, go back a couple of pages and check almost any thread with WLA in the title, there's 400+ photos back there, compliments of the searchings of our Cap'n Alpha of the Red Mages.

Ah, and if you don't call Alpha Cap'n, at least remind him that Red Mages suck, just do it, it's so much fun.

And I am also open to answer questions, you may also contact me here about the UCS, you know you want to...

Doc Sark
07-06-2003, 12:57 AM
I don't spose you know any of their old members do you?

Ouch!
07-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Nope, not really. I think Sanguine Sy'ht was a member, and he has just returned due to his beta test recieving-ness. I only remember him from a huge arguement about Paladins sucking though. *shurgs*

Lionx
07-10-2003, 04:45 AM
y0 lionx here, still in it even though you might think i aint. I still remember the old times. So sup everyone? I bet like always this will turn into a BIG ass spam thread.

In other news i am accepted into PC beta so watch for whatever i have to say k? ^^

*smotes the red mages*

Alpha
07-10-2003, 06:20 AM
Sorry i'm...about 6 days late. Yesh, join our clan. It's uber fun topped with insanity with a little bit of psychoticness sprinkled on.

Oh, and I almost forgot.

*slaps you all with a rotton tr0ut*

Edit- Tasha says Hi. XD

Ouch!
07-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Lionx, so far all we have done is welcome back a couple people we thought were dead and try to recruit other members, which does not seem to be going to well. I know I've recruited one who has already played FFXI under the same circumstances as Taerdin. He says he's in and that makes me happy. Though he hasn't posted in here yet, I'll have to tell him to do that to make his declaration of allegiance official and what not so he can go to the site and sign up and all that... *groans*

So, anyone, anyone at all, wish to join?

Fat Chocobo
07-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Hey does anybody know when the other forums will be back? I'm sick of checking.

Lionx
07-13-2003, 02:29 AM
The site is down too much, whats wrong with it? TOKE cant keep the comp up?(not sarcasm)

Ouch!
07-13-2003, 03:21 PM
Well this sucks... they're always out... why make a commitment to join another forum when they can't even stay up... *groans*

slayerx
07-13-2003, 04:25 PM
can i join this clan once FFXI comes out it will be nice to have a clan asap making the game fun feel free to add me to msn shawnsmith19@hotmail.com

Tom Morello
07-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Added.

And why don't we just make EoFF our temporary headquarters? This place ain't too shabby, and although we can't edit people's posts, and make up funny word censors... it will do for now ;)

And I'd like to add that we pretty much are the EoFF FFXI clan now... most all our members hail from here, and we were located here for like 3+ months... right?

Fat Chocobo
07-14-2003, 08:40 PM
How will other members know to come here? The only reason that I'm here right now is because I clicked on the wrong link.

Tom Morello
07-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Who cares anyways... a good bunch of us are "here"... that's good enough for me....

And yeah... :D

Rostum
07-15-2003, 12:01 PM
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

Tis me! Muahahaha! I joined the WLA and the Glorious Alliance back in the days when I was known as Emotion Sickness, and before that NutShell... which I don't think anyone remembers.

Alpha
07-15-2003, 05:24 PM
Ah Emotion Sickness...I vaguely remember you. So many members have gotten lost in all our moving.

And why don't we just make EoFF our temporary headquarters? This place ain't too shabby, and although we can't edit people's posts, and make up funny word censors... it will do for now

Yea, these are the only forums we've got at this point. *kicks TOKE* We could always go back to the GloriousFF forums, (I hear they got Vb now) but I think they hate us. Plus, some of us hate them. *cough*

Lionx
07-15-2003, 11:19 PM
To be honest i dont think any of us hate you guys, it was just a bit sudden for the move thats all that we kinda panicked. We might welcome you back, but i wanna talk to WOL first if u DO decide to come back, we might be able to work something out if you guys are interested, just PM me Taerdin or some of you guys, and i will see what i can work out.

As for some of you guys hating us, i dunno why but if you can just oblige with basic spamming and flamming rules i think theres nothing wrong. Anyway if you really wanna go back to GFF, PM me so i can make arrangements and work something out.

Ouch!
07-16-2003, 02:38 PM
We don't really hate ROM, we were just agitated enough to come up with a wonderful mispelling of forum:

F U R O M

Tom Morello
07-16-2003, 07:10 PM
Yeah... that was funny :D

But I guess it was nice of them to share their furom with us... it was a pretty nice furom...

Except we couldn't really tell who was a member of ROM and who was a member of WLA... oh and I know I speak for most of us when I say that there were a couple people in particular whom royally pissed us off... but meh...

So yeah... we'll just stick around this furom for now...

Lionx
07-17-2003, 12:27 AM
I dunno but it MIGHT be possible to set up a seperate forum with the same server that hosts GFF...i dunno its fine if u stay here to provided you can mange everything. so yea. BTW windurst is huge...i have to usually use a freaking map to get around, and i met grand leathal too! w00t, tarutaru warrior! XD

Aureus Dragonsbane
07-18-2003, 04:12 AM
Bah, next time I make a thread, remind me to stick around. Basically, let me put my views into play here. I have no problem with ROM in general. However, certain members do anger me. I do not wish to return to the GFF forums. Nothing personal...I just think DF and I would end up antagonising each other, him being rather immature and having very little self control (SEE?!).

On another note, what is this? We have, what, one new member? Two? Maybe my intro sucked...I was feeling rather tired and lazy at the time. In any case, I didn't make our purpose clear. It's quite simple, really. We just want to play the game together, and enjoy it. In addition, we always have someone we can rely on when we need help. Go team! :D :D

Also, some bugger deleted my sig.....:cry:

Alpha
07-18-2003, 04:22 AM
My sig got deleted too for being too big but I was too lazy to save it in a smaller form so it'l remain empty.

Aureus Dragonsbane
07-18-2003, 04:32 AM
Apparently, whoever deleted my sig has a vendetta against Bitmap images. Go figure.

Tom Morello
07-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Aureus Dragonsbane
Apparently, whoever deleted my sig has a vendetta against Bitmap images. Go figure.

OH NO!!! My Bitmap may be next!!!

RRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN SIGGY!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

I mean... mines a jpeg... stay away!!!!

*shifty eyes*

And yes... join us... join... us...:D

crono_logical
07-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Yours is under the 50K sig limit, hence why I haven't removed it but have removed the others. Rules still apply to posters in this forum. I can remove yours if you wish too though. :p And no, I have no intention of joining any FFXI clans :p

Ouch!
07-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Do my eyes decieve me? Has Crono_Logical made a post in a WLA related thread that didn't involve yelling at us about our spam posts and thus ultimately leading to the closing of the thread.

Crono_Logical now rocks because he has done that, and changed my name to Dubya so that I can poke fun at my stupid president.

Tom Morello
07-21-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Dubya
Do my eyes decieve me? Has Crono_Logical made a post in a WLA related thread that didn't involve yelling at us about our spam posts and thus ultimately leading to the closing of the thread.

Crono_Logical now rocks because he has done that, and changed my name to Dubya so that I can poke fun at my stupid president.

lol... Zaphier... I mean... Dubya...

WTF does Dubya mean anyhow?

Oh, and yeah... lol... Bush...

And YAY for CL!!! :D

erhm... stuff... *runs*

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-23-2003, 09:59 AM
I heard on the grape vine this is the place to come if your enthusiastic about FFXI....so Here I am......I will have the PC version with my snazy new comp I am getting JUST to play FFXI......Hows that for COSTS......

$1,000 for new Computer
$80-200 For FFXI
$10 each month to play.....

Hmmm......STILL seems like a good price for an ONLINE-FF ......Damn Straight....

Anyways...... I am enthusiastic but I know nothing about FFXI yet.....

Which races are good at what and what are the differnt locations.....and will it matter what location we start in......

ALSO doesn't each race start in a specific Area....??? I am pritty sure i read that the races must start in there Home Nations.......

EDIT: Ok I Just read the whole thread and guess what.....I think I will be like your first NEW member....the rest seem to be just old people returning to prove there not dead....

Anyways I was just thinking how i would like to start or join a FFXI clan........and Starting one is sooo much harder than joining one.......

Do I have to be accepted...or am I in as soon as I ask to join...... Hey I just realized that so far there is no way for there to be a Clan tryouts...so even If I did suck at this game (which I WONT) I could probably still get in the clan.....

man this post is getting Waay too long.....To much caffine and sugar for me tonight I think.

at this point I am hardly ever on MSN but heres my E-mail anyways. I'll be on more when i get my new comp and then even more when FFXI comes out.

MIlamber_of_two_worlds@hotmail.com

EDIT#2: OMG!!!! my current computer cant run MSN messanger 6.0 and I cant find the older one to download.....guess I cant even go on MSN untill i get my new comp......GRRRRR!!! I just need old MSN Messenger...

Lionx
07-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Mmmm pretty much the only requirement is that you start in Windurst. And races can start anywhere. If you dont want to start in Windurst then...er talk to Taerdin and Grand Leathal....

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Also isn't there going to be multiple servers......So what says were all on the same one.....

you guys havent mentioned which one your planning on playing in......

Also what is the TAG for this Clan....

Maybey
W)L(A or
WlLlA or just
WLA or W.L.A or
W]L[A or
W}L{A thers just soo many possibilitys......

Lionx
07-23-2003, 01:56 PM
I think what Grand Lethal said was to start in teh same one with the Riders of Mist(site can be found on my sig). And they are gong by the server with most players. We can go to other servers by purchasing(with gil) a World Pass that allows you to create another character in a diff server.

As for tags, i dont think WLA will put any tags, we prolly know you by the SN you use here like we prolly know you by the name...say Nakor or something. I would be Lionx, but if you are going a diff name than forum one then i guess we will know by making a profile thread.

Confirm this Taerdin?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-23-2003, 02:45 PM
yah I think Nakor would be too masculine a name for my Female Dark Knight which is what I plan to use most of the time.

thats gonna be my main character......So I definalty wont be Nakor.....but i might make a second character named Nakor.

Traxis Greyeye
07-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Well, I've been checking on Toke's site and it seems he's focusing on SWG these days, luckily I had this place in my bookmarks or I might never have found you guys, anyway.... lookin good!:D

Ouch!
07-23-2003, 05:41 PM
Hello Nakor, nice of you to join us.

Someone get him a link to that site. Argh, I forgot what they changed their name to after FFOZONE went under...

Anyways, welcome. If you have AIM, you can talk to me at least. And Lionx too.

About the multiple servers, didn't we decide on Cait Sith? That's what ROM is on too, right?

Alpha
07-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Yay, nice to see you Traxis. And welcome to WLA Nakor.

Which races are good at what and what are the differnt locations.....and will it matter what location we start in......

ALSO doesn't each race start in a specific Area....??? I am pritty sure i read that the races must start in there Home Nations.......

Hume- Good at everything
Elvaan- High strength/Wisdom
Tantaru- High magic/MP
Mithra- High dexterity/Agility
Galka- High defense/Hp

It really doesn't matter where you start. (you can choose) But if you choose the town that your character is from, you'll get a magic ring when you start, though i'm told you can buy a better ring almost immedietly.

the rest seem to be just old people returning to prove there not dead...
It's good to know that they didn't die in their sleep while they were gone.

Do I have to be accepted...or am I in as soon as I ask to join
You're pretty much in. We've never really "blocked out" members before.

And they are gong by the server with most players.
I thought we were going to the server with the least players so the world pass would be cheaper, plus our members would have a greater chance of all being placed there randomly. That would make the most sense to me.

(does GL know about this thread? I haven't talked to him in awhile since he got beta)

Lionx
07-24-2003, 01:10 AM
About the multiple servers, didn't we decide on Cait Sith? That's what ROM is on too, right?

We changed it so whatever server that has the most ROM members in, we will go there.

Alpha
07-24-2003, 02:09 AM
hey guys! it's me Tasha on alpha's account! guess wut! I GET FFXI BETA HALLELUJAH! NE WAY see ya around.. I would be logged on as me..but it won't let me post when i log on as me..so i dunno..but me alive and here..i miss i uguys..and please find a website soon cuz im tired of lookin for ya lol ne ways..be good and im here so count me in whatever ur doing or something okies?

love ya

Tasha

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-24-2003, 08:50 AM
So there is No TAG for this clan.....

we still have time to figure out which server is best and to recruit more ppl.

I am thinking I shoul'd Be Elvaan Because I want to eventually have a Dark Knight.

EDIT: I know someone here will know this....with all those beta testers around here someone better.....

what are the name restrictions??

How many letters, and Can I use a - like this "Like-This" In my Name?

Krystic_WLA
07-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Hey guys im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

P.S. You can only have letters in ur name, only one capital, and no "-" :D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-25-2003, 08:53 AM
That really Stinks....Such Limitations for Names is irritating.....

P.S. I am gonna kill one of these FIRST DAY!!!!

Krystic_WLA
07-25-2003, 05:58 PM
um........

you can't "kill" it....

you don't know who that is? Come on take a wild guess...

...you can't kill it but you can summon it...

anyone?:D :D
If you plan on becoming a summoner then you can "summmon" it....

it being IFRIT! w00t! 2POINTS!

CloudS_1
07-25-2003, 06:54 PM
Now that my internet is working again and I found the majority of the active members of the WLA I can post for the rest of the summer... wait... it's the end of July and I won't be here for the next week and a half. Crap. I'll just have to try to post extra for as long as I can. Anyways, it's good to be back and this 'reunion' thread is the perfect place to come back to.

BTW- I found the original FFFed. forums if anyone is interested in using those forums.

http://toke.proboards12.com/index.cgi?board=chat

Alpha
07-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Oh wow, the old forums. Dang, almost all the pictures in my threads are broken.

Good old days. At war with Meldon. He creates a word censor for my name, I change his gender in the profile...he changes my sig and title, I create threatening messages in the news ticker.

*messes with the ticker one last time*

CloudS_1
07-25-2003, 08:29 PM
That was some funny stuff to do to the ticker. I thought that the 'For Assisted Suicide' part was especially funny.

Ouch!
07-26-2003, 02:30 PM
I miss Meldon.

Krystic_WLA
07-26-2003, 07:55 PM
meldon rhymes with smeldon:D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Taerdin: ... I reserved the game in Feb. so I should be able to get it the first day it comes out...

Where Did you reserve it......?

I didnt think you could reserve it until about a month or two before it comes out.....

What store can u reserve it at....? I might reserve one too.....

Krystic_WLA
07-27-2003, 06:35 PM
um...you can pretty much reserve the game in any major game retail store such as gamestop or ebgames.
But i think you can only reserve it online for the time being.

Dustt
07-28-2003, 03:33 AM
Get yer reserve on over at ebgames.com. I did.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-29-2003, 07:38 AM
Yah I got a question about buying it on-line.....

Will I get it sooner or later than the stores release it....

Later right.....right.....isn't it later.....

So wouldn't you get it sooner if you reserved a copy at a local store or somthing.....

Also its like $45 dollers and $20 Shipping On-Line.......

$60 seems cheap.....I was expecting more like at least $80

and they list the shipping date as November somthing 2003.......How do they know the release wont be pushed back a bit......Or released early........I dont get this On-Line shopping stuff........

So will I get it Right away when it comes out?......

Alpha
07-29-2003, 07:59 AM
I would recomend waiting before ordering it online cause of all the "changes" to the product itself. (bundling it with harddrive/expansion, etc)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the advice Cap'n

(I think thats what I am supposed to call You......)

HOWEVER......Wont none of that matter to me since I am buying the PC version????

P.S. ~~~It feels weird being in a clan with No TAG.....How do we know whos in the Clan......

Can't remember everyone........Once theres more that 10 people it will be hard to recognize the Clan people from the masses of everyone else.....

We should resolve this before we make characters with UN-CHANGE-ABLE names.......

P.S.S ~~ Do you think I should wait until closer to the release date to buy my new computer too???

Alpha
07-29-2003, 08:03 AM
I'm gonna kill Zaphy someday

*cough*

Wind Dragon
07-29-2003, 08:10 AM
Hm... I guess I'll join though I can't be sure I'm getting the game and I don't join clans often. But then theres the increased ability to confuse and/or drive Doug(Alpha) insane. And who can resist driving others insane?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Aperantly all you have to do is call him Cap'n......Sounds good to me......

Alpha
07-29-2003, 08:20 AM
Yes, Sean (Wind Dragon) is a psychotic friend of mine from school. Though on the outside he may seem like a psycho who seeks out the pain of others, inside he's just a fuzzy bunny.

Wind Dragon
07-29-2003, 08:43 AM
My ways of driving people insane are much more intricate but this works too. BTW Cap'n Haxxor means rabid bunny with claws of death.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-29-2003, 08:46 AM
OK Since I cant get MSN Messanger Working until I get my new comp.....

I am using AIM Messanger.....GRRRR

My name on it is

"Nakor Blue Robe"

without the " " obvoisly.......

Ouch!
07-29-2003, 05:26 PM
I love you too Doug.

And welcome to the WLA Sean. I too am psycho... but I'm sure you already figured that out.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-30-2003, 03:30 AM
So Cap'n (AKA: Alpha) Do you think I should wait and get my comp in November or Is it gonna be the same stuff at the same price.......

Also Since I am getting the PC version Of FFXI isn't it fine to pre-order it now.....

Since theres no change in what comes packaged with it and stuff.....

Alpha
07-30-2003, 07:34 AM
So Cap'n (AKA: Alpha) Do you think I should wait and get my comp in November or Is it gonna be the same stuff at the same price.......
I wouldn't know. I dont keep up with anything computer related.

Also Since I am getting the PC version Of FFXI isn't it fine to pre-order it now.....
Yea, I assume the PC version is secure enough by now to order online.

Tom Morello
07-30-2003, 07:37 PM
When FFXI was gonna come out in Q1 2003, I reserved it AT EB the actual store, not online. I keep the receipt in my wallet. That was december 2002, so it is fairly safe to say I'll get it on the first day... yup.

Oh, and welcome Nakor and Wind dragon! :D

Sorry I've been gone for so long, I've been playing SOCOM so much... if anyone has it I always play the US East server, and am in the clan Valiant ( the tag is -V- ) And am usually in games with our clan's name, or tag, or our old clans name or tag in it (X-Men, tag : -X- )

So yeah... now that that's settled... SOCOM 2 is coming out in Nov... YAY!!! And Alpha said he might get it! YAY!

Oh, and my beloved RoT3K VIII is coming out in *counts* 14 days!!! OMFG!!!! *dances a happy dance*

So yeah... I'm off to play more SOCOM now... cya later guyz :D

Alpha
07-31-2003, 06:33 AM
Oh, and my beloved RoT3K VIII is coming out in *counts* 14 days!!! OMFG!!!! *dances a happy dance*

After it got delayed for like a month. :p

Tom Morello
07-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Yeah... it was supposed to come out July 22nd... but now it's coming out on August 12th or 13th... or something like that... because of "translation issues"

You think the would've realized a JAPANESE game needs to be translated when brought to NORTH AMERICA ;)

13 days!!! :D

Oh, and everyone get SOCOM 2! We can have a clan on that an own all... yup...

I'm one of the best players on SOCOM. In fact whenever I try out for a clan they let me in after a couple games, and I almost always get 10+ kills a game, which is great :D

I always thought of making my own clan... but running tryout rooms is not very fun at all... lol

crono_logical
07-31-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Taerdin
You think the would've realized a JAPANESE game needs to be translated when brought to NORTH AMERICA ;)Oh no, some of us are capable enough to play through RPGs untranslated, or at least use them as an excuse to allow them to be a learning tool for another language :p

Besides, I thought FFXI uses some icon things that don't depend on language to allow you to communicate with anyone without language barriers, or is this another MMORPG I'm thinking of? :p

Tom Morello
08-01-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Oh no, some of us are capable enough to play through RPGs untranslated, or at least use them as an excuse to allow them to be a learning tool for another language :p

Well for one, RoT3K VIII is not an rpg, it is a strategy game. It is the most in depth strategy game and in fact it is quite possibly the best strategy game period. It would be very difficult for someone who has no idea how to read japanese to play. For instance, how could I tell if my peasants are content or rioting? That one little word makes a huge difference, and could screw me over in the long run. I don't think it would really help me learn japanese unless I also had an english copy of the game to reference... but if I had an english copy then I would never play my japanese one obviously.

Originally posted by crono_logical
Besides, I thought FFXI uses some icon things that don't depend on language to allow you to communicate with anyone without language barriers, or is this another MMORPG I'm thinking of? :p

It prolly does... cool eh? :D

On a side note, why would anyone in their right mind play an untranslated rpg? That spoils the one thing that makes rpgs so awesome... the STORY. How can you tell what's going on if you can't read the text? You can guess but you might be off on your guesses... yup... :greenie:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-01-2003, 09:46 AM
Taerdin: On a side note, why would anyone in their right mind play an untranslated rpg? That spoils the one thing that makes rpgs so awesome... the STORY. How can you tell what's going on if you can't read the text? You can guess but you might be off on your guesses...

Now theres somthing I compleatly agree with....

RPG'S are great because of the story.... Seeing who is dying and who is doing what but not Understanding would totally ruin the story.....

I like to be compleatly intranced in the story of an RPG because then everything else about the game seems better.....

So If I order FFXI on-line would I recive it like 2-6 weeks after the release date or do they ship it early so i get it on the release date.....

Basicly I want to know if I should reserve it on-line or In a local Store??.....

Also: Can You Guys Post your AIM Names here......I have been just leaving it signed on so that u guys would msg me with your Names....But it isn't going very well.

Wind Dragon
08-01-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure that some might ship it somewhat earlier but not so early as it would get there before you could get it a local store and there is the possiblity of delays or just slow speed deliverys if you don't get it from the right place. Though I doubt that reserving it at a store would let you get it right away either because so many would probably have reserved it already. All in all I would recommend that you get it from a store since were talking about mmorpg here and you won't have much opritunity to leave between the after you get it and rehap ;). Though none of this matters for me because I know I'm not going to be able to get it until Chirstmas time unless I feel like being precistant but I'm not cause I'm a patient guy(though boredom is seeping in...). And besides if I didn't I wouldn't be able to leach off Doug ;).

(oh and whats up with the OOC thing I thought that stood for out of character...which it looks like it is in here.)

Alpha
08-01-2003, 04:56 PM
(oh and whats up with the OOC thing I thought that stood for out of character...which it looks like it is in here.)
I think it stands for "out of context", for when you're talking about somethin off topic.

And besides if I didn't I wouldn't be able to leach off Doug
Hah

Tom Morello
08-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Nakor TheBlue Rider
If I order FFXI on-line would I recive it like 2-6 weeks after the release date or do they ship it early so i get it on the release date.....

Basicly I want to know if I should reserve it on-line or In a local Store??.....

If you know of a good reliable store, I would reserve it in the store. You may not get it the first day, but you'll prolly get it a little sooner, and stores themselves seem to be a little more reliable if you order in person.

Also: Can You Guys Post your AIM Names here......I have been just leaving it signed on so that u guys would msg me with your Names....But it isn't going very well.

I don't have AIM... I only have msn messanger... you should get it, it's really great. I'm on whenever I'm at my computer... which isn't all that often nowadays... but it used to be all the time. I play SOCOM now is why... lol...

And lasty... everyone should leach of Doug... :D

He's so mean... *sniffle*

Alpha
08-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Technically you'd all be indirectly leeching off me when i'm leveling up my thief class. I think the extra gold/items that they can generate are split among the party. Dang.

Lionx
08-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Well you can check our profiles for AIM and everything

Aureus Dragonsbane
08-02-2003, 06:43 PM
I haven't been on in a while....look at all the posts piled up...

First off, let me welcome our new members. Good to have you. Oh, and Sean, do be so kind as to start dishing out the dirt on Alpha.

Also, I, personally, have no problem leeching off Alpha. Plus, he's nice enough to let us. :D :D

Yours is under the 50K sig limit, hence why I haven't removed it but have removed the others. Rules still apply to posters in this forum.

Was that limit always in place? I never noticed/had any problems before. Ah well....*goes to work on non-bitmap version of sig*

CloudS_1
08-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Welcome Wind Dragon. Enjoy the insanity:D

Alpha
08-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Oh, and Sean, do be so kind as to start dishing out the dirt on Alpha.
Remember Sean, i could do the same to you...except for the fact we have very little incriminating info on each other...

Wind Dragon
08-02-2003, 10:06 PM
First off, let me welcome our new members. Good to have you. Oh, and Sean, do be so kind as to start dishing out the dirt on Alpha.

There isn't too much dirt that I know of because Doug is too much of a "goody two shoes". But I would be glad to tell what I do know(or maybe just make up thing up ;))if you were more specific.:evilking:

Thanks for the welcomes and I will enjoy the insanity.
:confused: :shoot:

Edit: For some reason aol(I really need to get rid of it) didn't want to show Dougs post until after I edited my post...but while you can do the same I am insane so whatever you say doesn't really matter :P

Ouch!
08-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Yes, insanity... *drools*

Welcome to my pandemonium. The insanity of all the minds in the world combined cannot compete with the mayhem that is my creation.

Tom Morello
08-03-2003, 03:16 AM
right...

Anyways... I found this pretty cool download on IGN, and I'll prolly play this online game until RoT3K... now that my SOCOM clan hates me :D

It's called Wolfenstein Enemy Territory... and it's fun, free, and only 256mb! :D

Check it out! (http://downloads.ign.com/objects/567/567621.html?fromint=1)

If enough people decide to play it, we could run a server for us EoFFers to get the hang of it...

Think counterstrike but crappier and freeier :D

It's also... KINDA like SOCOM... actually it's arguably better!:greenie:

Alpha
08-03-2003, 05:46 AM
Hah, i'll download it when I can't take the boredom anymore.

By the way, here's one of the coolest pics i've come across in a long time. You dont mess wit that. -->

Fat Chocobo
08-03-2003, 06:31 AM
I downloaded it, but I can't get it to work. Oh well.

Tom Morello
08-03-2003, 05:45 PM
It's really fun... yup...

I'm pretty decent at it now... I'm usually like 9 th on my team... yay... for XP I mean

When you kill guys and stuff... you get XP... yup...

It worked just great for me... though when you run it... it makes your screen go completely grey for a pretty long time before fully loading... that's why I thought it wasn't working... but then I waited and it was :D YAY!

Anyways... stuff... WLA FOREVER! :D

Oh, and nice pic Alpha :)

Alpha
08-03-2003, 07:36 PM
*downloads*

Here's (http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16718) some more pics of Mr. Behemoth.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Damn Alpha you always find the best pics!!

Alpha
08-04-2003, 05:43 AM
Well, i played a lot of that shooter thingy...I dont remember that many rocket launchers in WWII. Still pretty damn fun though.

Wind Dragon
08-04-2003, 07:38 AM
*Will have to wait until school starts again or until he gets cable(if it ever happens) to play the game* I think it is impossible for aol to stay on for I think 9 hours straight oh well at least its not as bad as Ragnarok Online.

Alpha
08-06-2003, 01:50 AM
Great, now i'm addicted to it.

Tom Morello
08-06-2003, 03:35 AM
lol... yeah...

What do you like to play? I'm always a covert ops :D

Taking the enemies uniform is soooo much fun!

We should try to meet up sometime so we can play on the same team. I'm not a n00b anymore... but I never rank high or anything... I just do well... lol yup

I can't freakin figure out how to use mortar too... it pisses me off...:mad2:

Ouch!
08-06-2003, 03:43 AM
Mortar, eh? Do explain.

Tom Morello
08-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Soldiers can launch mortar... and somehow you hit guys with great accuracy... but I've never figured the damned thing out... :(

I've been killed by mortar many a time... and it's not fun at all:mad2:

Fat Chocobo
08-06-2003, 04:48 AM
I can't believe that my crappy computer can't play that game. I'm so bored.

Alpha
08-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Man, i just went under a 20 minute siege. I was the axis on that map where you have to stop the allies from breaking in and stealing the gold. It was definitely no-mans land right in front of the palace, to step out there ment to die by either grenade, rocket launcher, mortar, air strike, or artillery strike. I spent the entire time next to the gold with my flamethrower picking off anyone who tried to enter. The fact that there were many covert ops disguising themselves didn't help much. (one managed to take out almost all of the defenders with a bomb) But we won. I'm so glad my teamates knew what they were doing.

Tom Morello
08-06-2003, 01:41 PM
The exact same thing happened to me... except all the allied covert ops were n00bs... and when I was wounded they would be sitting there with a knife trying to gut me for like 20 seconds... lol

And they barely got to move before being blown away... but we won... :D

I used an enemy uniform to kill the mortaring guy and a field ops, and a lot of people got out without getting killed and they were able to kick some allied but :D

Ouch!
08-06-2003, 03:59 PM
*grumble* Chrono_logical will close this thread too if we don't talk about FFXI. Our clan must have some kind record for most clan threads closed by a single mod/admin. *grumble*

Alpha
08-06-2003, 11:01 PM
Poor Zaphier. Can't contribute to our discussions. XD

Anyway, here's (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=70&object_id=14009&adtag=network=ign&site=ps2&pagetype=medialist&page_title=Final+Fantasy+XI) a new trailer on FF11.

Tom Morello
08-07-2003, 03:05 AM
YAY! Trailer :D

I saw that... it pays to click that little "Watch Game" box on ign for games you like :)

Yup... good ole IGN...

And yes... poor lil' Zaphy:greenie:

Alpha
08-07-2003, 03:18 AM

Lionx
08-07-2003, 03:31 AM
Yes one hundred spam points for you Alpha :)

Who cares about trailer when u got beta? hehe :D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-07-2003, 06:56 AM
WHOA!!! The more of FFXI I see the more I want to play......

Hey Alpha!

What was that game you were talking about?.....

the one your addicted to.....

Tom Morello
08-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by lionx
Yes one hundred spam points for you Alpha :)

Who cares about trailer when u got beta? hehe :D

I got bored of Beta SOOOOOOOOO fast... it's like I wasn't driven to become strong because I realize that they're wiping all the characters anyway, so there's no real point... and I'd rather not have to do everything twice so I've just sworn off playing beta altogether...

Yup... but thankfully in 5 days RoT3K VIII comes out, and then I won't be bored for quite some time *drools at the unlimited playability of RoT3K VIII*

Oh, and the game me and Alpha are talking about is Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. You can download it for free, and I proposed that we could start up a server for WLA peoples if enough of us played it... but no one is getting it... it's just me an Alpha :(

Ouch!
08-07-2003, 05:46 PM
I can have a conversation with myself too y'know! *talks to self*

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-08-2003, 01:28 AM
I would Download it and show you guys some real slaughtering....... but I doubt this Crappy Paper Weight of a Computer would run it.....

What are the System Requirments?

I pre-Ordered FFXI today......At Electronic Boutiec.....Or whaterver the hell there called....

Ouch!
08-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Electronic Boutique, or more commonly EB. They won't let me pre-order it at my EB. The effin' bastards.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Try offerin em Money :D :p

I hear it can be exchanged for Goods and Services.....:rolleyes2

Tom Morello
08-09-2003, 12:18 AM
Electronic Boutique, or more commonly EB. They won't let me pre-order it at my EB. The effin' bastards.

And even MORE commonly know as Electronics Boutique.

I reserved mine at EB in december of... 2002... or something... yup...

I should be getting mine pretty much when it comes out methinks. :D

In the mean time *blasts RATM*

CloudS_1
08-09-2003, 03:06 AM
I would reserve a copy, but there is the matter of insufficent funds. Looks like it's time for another scheme to get the money or get it preordered some other way. :D

Tom Morello
08-09-2003, 07:40 PM
At EB I put a $5 deposit down to reserve the game...

Can't you do that? :D

CloudS_1
08-10-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Taerdin
At EB I put a $5 deposit down to reserve the game...

Can't you do that? :D

Only five dollars? I should be able to do that.

Ouch!
08-10-2003, 03:25 AM
I know money can be exchanged for goods and services, I've seen the Simpson's episode.

*Homer drops peanut into couch*
"Do'h!"
*Homer digs in couch but only finds a $20 bill. Homer is disappointed*
*Cloud appears over Homer's head with a Homer face in it.*

"Wait! Don't throw it away! Money can be exchanged for goods and services!"

"Money equals more peanuts?"

"Yes!"

"Woo-hoo!"

But at my EB, they're FFXI idiots. They don't even know about the PC release date talks. So they won't allow it. Such idiots.

Lionx
08-10-2003, 01:25 PM
*points to new EoFF banner* ROFL *kicks bley's in crotch*

Actually Zaphier its more like:

"Aw a twenty dollar bill? But i want peanuts..."

Brain: "But wait, money can give you more peanuts..."

"oooo oooo what does it do what does it do?"

"money can be exchanged for goods and services"

"woo-hoo!"

*wind blows money away*

I think its like that but they could have edited it because i watched this one a LONG time ago and yes they have edited some parts out and some lines.

Ouch!
08-11-2003, 03:30 PM
I apologize, I don't watch enough TV to be mindlessly quoting the shows. In fact, I only watch one show religiously, and it's no the Simpsons. Just try and guess.

Nakor The Blue Rider
08-12-2003, 09:51 AM
I Didn't even Notice the New Banner......Duh!

Guess I am Blind.....

P.S. Yes I do have 2 Accounts here at EoFF.......

It was by accident when I first joined.....And I just never let either of them Die....

Lionx
08-12-2003, 10:58 AM
I dont watch as much TV as well, most are like media junk. Bleh. =/

Anyway i think you prolly watch pr0n religously and even worship the people acting in them. :p

Tom Morello
08-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Anyway i think you prolly watch p0rn religously

Who doesn't XD

Ouch!
08-13-2003, 02:04 AM
I don't. Wait... nevermind. That's a lie.

Krystic_WLA
08-13-2003, 02:43 AM
porn? wat is this porn?

We dont have porn in Mother Russia...

...unless seeing naked women dance arund with there hairy legs is porn, then...

...YES WE HAVE IT!

(totally random)

Ouch!
08-13-2003, 02:47 AM
And totally disgusting too.

Hairy legs. You're gonna make me hurl.

Krystic_WLA
08-13-2003, 03:04 AM
loook wat we have to live with...

*cries*

Alpha
08-13-2003, 05:09 AM
This thread kinda took a turn for the worse didn't it? I'd change the subject but...too lazy.

shadow heal2t
08-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Long time no post since the wizard alliance forums have been down, i thought i wouldn't be able to get in contact with the WLA. but i ran into lionx at dreams in vanadiel :D i used to be delduwath.

shadow heal2t
08-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Sorry for the double post changing topic, FFXI pics

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15434

another thing if you guys want a forum where you can spam edit and do what you want w/ the wla i got bored and made a board lol.

http://pub46.ezboard.com/bwindurstliberationarmy

Tom Morello
08-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by shadow heal2t
Sorry for the double post changing topic, FFXI pics

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15434

another thing if you guys want a forum where you can spam edit and do what you want w/ the wla i got bored and made a board lol.

http://pub46.ezboard.com/bwindurstliberationarmy

Let me be the first to say, MAKE ME AN ADMIN IMMEDIATLEY!!! I mean... thank you! XD

I checked it out... looks pretty nice... ;)

Ouch!
08-13-2003, 06:39 PM
If the treasurer isn't an admin, corpses will fly. That is all.

shadow heal2t
08-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Ok after you two have registered i'll make you admins ;)

Krystic_WLA
08-13-2003, 07:36 PM
wherever there is an FF Forum Taedrin must be an admin...its just how the circle of life revovles around with it....(unfortunately):whoa:

Tom Morello
08-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Krystic_WLA
wherever there is an FF Forum Taedrin must be an admin...its just how the circle of life revovles around with it....(unfortunately):whoa:

lol... right...

I think it might have something to do with me being second in command of the WLA... but who knows... XD

Krystic_WLA
08-13-2003, 10:36 PM
u think that might be it? hmmmm probably....

...we cant have to many WLA forums though, we have to stick with one major one...and since TOKE dissapeared again....we are using this one i guess....

Ouch!
08-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Hmpf, stupid TOKE. *kicks him a thousand times over*

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Personaly I have a Hard enough time responding to this forum.....

If you guys move the Clan forum I might not ever show up....

Alpha
08-15-2003, 08:44 AM
We'd never move entirely unless it was official or whatever. And someone needs to tell GL to post here, we've got most of the entire clan here except our fraken leader. XD

Ouch!
08-15-2003, 04:01 PM
He knows it's here. I've told him a couple times. I think he's just too busy with the beta. He doesn't have time to talk to us anymore. Well, actually I talk to him all the time, but that's besides the point.

Tom Morello
08-15-2003, 08:28 PM
He knows it's here. I've told him a couple times. I think he's just too busy with the beta. He doesn't have time to talk to us anymore. Well, actually I talk to him all the time, but that's besides the point.

XD

By now I should be playing RTK VIII with every waking second of my existance... but we're having shifting power outs over here, and so as I type we only have 1 hour and 30 min left with power... yup...

The local EB is closed... I called multiple times and got like 14 rings but no answer...

Imma leave tomorrow early in the morning while the power is on, and hope that they open... if not... then I may have to go without RTK VIII for a couple more days... which would suck large donkeys...

Anyhow... Imma go eat something before the microwave loses power... :D

Ouch!
08-15-2003, 11:26 PM
I feel sorry for you Taerdin.

Wait... no I don't. Nevermind.

Krystic_WLA
08-16-2003, 07:54 PM
he's slowly turning amish...:D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Amish........ LOL

Workin on gettin my new comp...... Shouldn't be much longer.....

Takes so long cuz My friend is "Getting me a Deal" or so he says.....

We'll see if its a deal or if i Have to hit him again......

Then i can play HalfLife: Counter Strike until FFXI comes out.......

Ouch!
08-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Counter Strike... *sighs* Why is everyone so obsessed with that game? Even my biology teacher was playing against the students for extra credit. *sighs more*

Anyways, I'm disappointed. I socred 1775 on the benchmark. Seems I'm waiting for te later release.

Alpha
08-17-2003, 06:35 PM
I got like a 1498 all the time on the benchmark before I got my new video card. Now i'm getting scores in the 3300's.

Lionx
08-17-2003, 07:26 PM
So are you saying a major issue for alot of us is because we have an inferior or underperformed video card?

Krystic_WLA
08-17-2003, 08:59 PM
or underperformed computer in general...

Alpha
08-17-2003, 09:15 PM
According to a mess of other importers the video card seems to have the biggest impact on the scores.

Krystic_WLA
08-17-2003, 10:16 PM
yes that and how much RAM u have...

...personally i have 256 and my graphics card works great with the game, no graphical lagging....no lagging watsoever.....except that one night!:eek:

Ouch!
08-18-2003, 11:33 PM
I wish I'd noticed this BEFORE I deleted the file. *sighs* Maybe it's still in my recylcing bin. *checks*

It was! Hu-zah! Well, I guess I'll go buy a new video card and check again. What's a good one to get?

Alpha
08-19-2003, 12:52 AM
If you're getting an ATI (http://www.ati.com/) then stick with the videocards that have the number 9000 or higher, whichever you can afford. If you're getting an NVIDIA (http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html) then...i'm not sure. Just be sure to stick to those two companies, but I dont recomend buying directly from them. Once you find the card you want type the full name of it in google and you'll probably find someone who's selling the same card for a lot cheaper.

Krystic_WLA
08-20-2003, 01:30 AM
get geforce4ti 4200 128MB....

it is the best card for its price...IT IS AWESOME!

u can get it for about 110-140...

...a very good site that helped me out was www.pricewatch.com

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Krystic_WLA
can you answer somthing for me....

Why is the "geforce4ti 4200 128MB"

Better than the geforce FX 5200 128MB

I am wondering cuz i am getting a comp built and I got the FX put in because a friend and the guy in the store said its better but you say it isnt.....

Maybey the'll let me switch it if it really is better....For some extra $ of course....

I just ordered it tuesday...and it wont be ready till next tuesday...So i think i can still switch it.....

P.S. Heres the Winderst Flag or Symbol....

Ouch!
08-20-2003, 06:56 PM
I think Krystic just meant it was the best buy. I'm getting this one:
http://www.buyxtremegear.com/msi8900010.html
That's exactly what Kyrstic is using, and he's playing beta and says it kicks ass so I think I'll be fine with it. And only $141.00! I'll be wasting my funds for this, but I get $40 a month, I'll be fine.

Krystic_WLA
08-21-2003, 03:52 AM
yeah thats the one u should get...

the geforce FX5200 and FX5600 arent very good...they were meant to be budget cards...

but any card that is in the "ti" series is amazing!

Now if u wanna spend 300-500 dollars on a vid card then go with Geforce FX 5900 or
Radeon 9800 PRO

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-21-2003, 10:13 AM
so even the Ti 4200 is better than the FX 5200?

ok...ill switch to it in the morning then.....

the guy in the store said there pritty much the same cept the FX is more compatible....because its newer or somthing.....

Krystic_WLA
08-21-2003, 10:04 PM
who said new is always better?

Trust me go with the ti 4200....it blows FX5200 far away!!

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-22-2003, 11:39 AM
Aparently its $15 cheaper than the FX 5200 too

Who knew cheaper was better....

I switched though.... The guy in the store said "Good Move!"

Guess he forgot to mention the Ti was better the first time around....:mad2:

EDIT: Hey Grand Lethal....How come I am not in the Member list for the WLA....

I am very active here....

However I Can't tell you My Character Name you can put either ????'s or Just "Nakor hasn't decieded" as my name.....

I am gonna be a Female Elvaan Dark Knight with Monk as My secondary Job....No character name yet though.....

Krystic_WLA
08-23-2003, 04:23 PM
u have to sign up on the main WLA website...
i dont have the addrress handy with me right now though sorry....

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Yah I tried.....

THe link was either broken or some other kind of error cuz it wouldn't let me sign up....

Just so you know.....I will be very active and I do plan to be in the clan but i wont be going to special forums or going out of my way just to sign up since I signed up here.....

FiragO
08-25-2003, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Ive tried like a million times to get on the WLA list and the link is broken to their new forums or whatever. I am not that much of an active member on these forums (i think this is my third or fourth post) but I am going to become very active.

Also, on the graphics cards, don't blow the money on a 9800 pro 128, it scores a few FPS higher than the 9700 pro 128 on every test i've ever run or ever seen ran. The new fx crap may be something to go with because most game developers use those crappy nvidia's because nvidia is way cheap if you buy them and you are game developer, but best bet is to upgrade your RAM to a gig or more and get a 9700 128 pro until either the 9800 pro 256 comes out or something better than that in a ATI

Krystic_WLA
08-26-2003, 12:37 AM
hmmm...im gonna have to contact GL and tell him to fix that problem

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-26-2003, 10:13 AM
I don't see what the point is if this is gonna be our forum anyways.....

Edit: Oh My Gawd!!! this New Computer I got Pwnes all my friends computers....My new Comp is the Best Comp I have ever Been on.....

Now I can Use MSN and Watch The FFXI trailers and I can even go take that FFXI benchmark test....

Which is what I am going to do Right now....

Grand Lethal
08-28-2003, 02:55 PM
I took off sign-up because I was getting way to many people signing up and not ever knowing who they were. When PC retail is released, I'll put the sign-up back up for everyone.

As for the forums, I want to strangle Toke. He said he'd allow us access to his and then keeps losing web space... so right now we are looking for a reliable host for a forum... although I have been to busy playing to do anything else, so not top of my priority list right now.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Well I bet if you were really nice EoFF would give us our own small forum if we maintained it and kept it within a certian size Limit.....

Or even just a perminant Thread.....One that goes up to 20 pages......and the old ones get deleated as we add new pages......Somthing like that.....

Like as soon as it becomes 21 pages the first page gets deleated......But the thread always lives on.....

Tom Morello
08-31-2003, 09:05 PM
Hey guys... I'm not dead! XD

Oh and yes nakor... that sounds cool. But the mods here are not to keen on being nice to peoples... especially us windurst liberation army folk.:cry:

Ouch!
09-01-2003, 04:19 AM
I'm alive too... but like Taerdin with SOCOM, I won't be around much. Dark Age of Camelot just kicks so much ass. I'll probably not get FFXI until the PS2 version comes out, or maybe later. *shrugs* Depends on how long DAoC can last me. I've had it for a couple days and I'm a level 7 mercenary with dual wield. It kicks ass.

Alpha
09-01-2003, 04:26 AM
I've got Soul Caliber 2 and F-Zero GX to keep me entertained, but that wont effect my online time.

Well I bet if you were really nice EoFF would give us our own small forum if we maintained it and kept it within a certian size Limit.....
I honestly doubt they'd give a small clan barely affiliated with Eoff a seperate forum. But that would be nice.

Jeristo
09-01-2003, 07:40 AM
Okay, hi...
This is really weird...actually it's my first time ever posting something on a forum. So if it comes out all funky, well then....I guess just suffer...
I must say that I think your clan is awesome! I would have asked to join sooner, but I didn't even discover this site until now. It was a very entertaining recruitment effort. I was caught. I can't wait to play this game.
...waiting...so....long...
I'm already addicted to it and I haven't even had the chance to play. I would love to be in your clan, and maybe once I figure out all this forum stuff, I'll become a little more adept at...saying....stuff....(?)

Tom Morello
09-01-2003, 04:27 PM
lol...

Well I think you did very well for your first post!

And yeah... I'm just waiting for a jedi academy demo to be released... it's supposed to come out soon... and that game is going to be sooo awesome...

Mmmm... jedi...

Jeristo
09-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Well, I wish I had more games to keep me occupied.

I'm SO bored!!

Hence the new posts about 3 times a day....:mad:

I've come to the conclusion that both school and work suck. Not neccessarily because I have to do them, but because they've stolen whatever life I had before away. I'm free to do things pretty much every other day, but are my friends? YES!....well, no not really, I just thought that would throw some of you off.

I also finally preordered FFXI. Yay for money! <--- Had to stay somewhat on topic...figured this would keep people satisfied.

Alpha
09-05-2003, 11:22 PM
I really should preorder it...I've already waited one and a half years for it to come here, I shouldn't have to wait any longer.

*whacks Sony for delaying FF11 and making my PS2 crappy*

Ouch!
09-06-2003, 03:31 AM
I may not get FFXI for a long while, that is even if a I do get it, because well, DAoC has taken me like Taerdin was taken by SOCOM. So I am Darth DAOC now, if that makes any sense.

I guess this comes as a bit sad news to some, and great news to others. Yeah. Bye. *goes and tracks down Jocias that damned skeleton*

Lionx
09-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Me and GL chillin :P

Jeristo
09-06-2003, 09:25 AM
Lol!

That's a pretty slick picture. Man, I can already tell I'm gonna have fun with the emote thingies!:D

Grand Lethal
09-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Ok I didn' admit it before but I have to now. The computer produces WAY better graphics than the PS2 does. I'll have to get a PC player to take a Hi-Res shot of me when I get Dragoon and have my Wyvern beside me :)
Thanks for the memory Lionx... that was quite a while ago (back when I was leveling war to like 10 lol)
http://www.members.shaw.ca/ffxi/aurauraborealis.jpg

Tom Morello
09-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Nice pics you guys!

I come to bring some news!

For one, the single player demo of jedi academy was just released! If you slightly care, then you should check out one of the best pc action games of this year! (and one of my most highly anticipated games.)

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy

Also I heard some news from some dudes or something... (fairly reliable) that people working for sony are hoping to be able to have a kind of bundle... a ps2, a network adapter, and an online title (FFXI Socom 2, NFL 2004 and possibly more) for $199!!!

Yup... and I loathe FFXI now that I've played it...

Thankfully I found out BEFORE I wasted my money... now if KotOR would just come out for the pc already (the best rpg to date).

Alpha
09-06-2003, 09:09 PM
For one, the single player demo of jedi academy was just released!
Hmmm, I 'might' get it. I've just exhausted the new games I got a couple weeks ago..

Yup... and I loathe FFXI now that I've played it...
Every importer I know hated the begining but loved it as they went on to the later levels. You barely gave it a chance. >=P Now I have no choice but to take your PS2 away (http://apocalypse5.homestead.com/files/PS2-elian.jpg) again.

Tom Morello
09-06-2003, 11:53 PM
Damn you Alpha!

*shakes fist*

I'd rather have KotOR.... the game of the year, than stupid FFXI... so yeah... go away!

*plays his Jedi Academy demo*

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Wait so Taerdin isn't getting FFXI....

Then are you still in the WLA......

FFXI not the best game ever.......Blasphemer!!!

CloudS_1
09-08-2003, 05:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Taerdin previously said that he didn't want to work on a character in the beta test only to lose it when the test dates ended. Anyways, he pre-ordered the game a long time ago, so unless he cancelled it, he should still be getting it.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-09-2003, 07:29 AM
Ahh but somewhere I saw him saw that now he doesn't want to "Waste" his money on FFXI.....

I guess he is gonna cancel it then....:cry:

Grand Lethal
09-09-2003, 02:05 PM
News about the Beta:
They are now allowing you to keep the experience you gain once you hit lvl 40! I just got 30 last night and can finally get out of Qufim! I also got some of my Mercenary Captain gear for my whm, so I have wicked stats!

For Taerdin I say this. Once you get past the sub-job the game gets way better. and once you get 30 its just friggin awsome. I just wish I didn't have to get 40 to enjoy dragoon, Ninja, and Samurai ( I have seen all in action except the Samurai already.. and let me tell you the Wyvern that Dragoon summons is :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:in' awsome!)

I do agree that KotOR is an awsome game, it really doesn't hold a candle to ffxi once you get into it. The story and missions get sweet once you reach rank 3

Lionx
09-10-2003, 03:09 AM
So we to keep exp meaning what? i know the expansion jobsbut keeping exp? I get to keep my character?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-10-2003, 04:30 AM
are you saying beta testers get to keep any characters they get past Lvl 40?

I also am confused what you mean by keep exp.....

shadow heal2t
09-14-2003, 12:39 AM
If they spent the time in the beta to get their character to 40 it makes sense for them to keep them because other people who got the beta stopped after about a week because they knew they didnt get to keep their characters. I think it's a way of rewarding people who kept playing and doing their job, play the beta to make sure it runs smoothly/find bugs.

Tom Morello
09-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by shadow heal2t
I think it's a way of rewarding people who kept playing and doing their job...

Reward? If anyone of you thinks a file or two which has no real meaning in life is a reward then something's wrong.

Why not just take that time you would've spent trying to reach some lvl and do something with your life... like I did *stabs all*

In the end what does playing final fantasy get you... a lighter wallet... slight enjoyment for a short period of time while playing it... added stress and frustration... wow... what a deal

A few years from now the time spent playing FFXI will seem wasted... empty...

You could've spent that time improving yourself, helping others who need it by getting involved in activism, developing some form of creativity through writing, painting, playing an instrument, etc.

Yes that's right, this hard core gamer boy, with that in your face attitude has now become an anti-video game, creative activist man. So if you'll excuse me I'm going to go play my guitar for another few hours...

One day... hopefully all of you will feel the sense of completion and satisfaction I feel right now... so long...

Lionx
09-14-2003, 02:32 AM
^ he is drunk ppl, dont let him drive! XD

Tom Morello
09-14-2003, 02:48 AM
^ he is drunk ppl, dont let him drive! XD

I am not! In fact things have never seemed clearer than they do right now.

BTW I have never drunk, ever... I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of... but it's the truth...

Of course I'll still hang out here... to bug y'all and share my wealth of advice, experience, and info.

And if anyone cares I can supply them with activist stuff, tabs, sound files of me playing, etc.

Like there's a great petition going on right now... I think I'll make a thread in general chat...:D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-14-2003, 02:53 AM
another good gamer goes to the dark side.......

It is a sad day......:cry:

Tom Morello
09-14-2003, 03:08 AM
another good gamer goes to the dark side.......

It is a sad day......:cry:

The dark side to one person could be the brightest lightest side to another.

That seems to be the case here XD

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-14-2003, 03:20 AM
By darkside ....I mean Not a gamer...... Its great that you want to help the starving children in other contries....:D

Tom Morello
09-14-2003, 03:21 AM
By darkside ....I mean Not a gamer...... Its great that you want to help the starving children in other contries....:D

And for those of you with no idea what he's talking about...

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38537

Alpha
09-14-2003, 03:31 AM
Barely sounds like Taerdin...but whatever. I think that you're just thinking too much of videogames right now. They're only a form of recreation, like going to a movie or watching TV. Those things wont stop you from helping and what not unless you let them.

Tom Morello
09-14-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Alpha
Barely sounds like Taerdin...but whatever. I think that you're just thinking too much of videogames right now. They're only a form of recreation, like going to a movie or watching TV. Those things wont stop you from helping and what not unless you let them.

True, but time spent in so called "recreation" could be used for a greater more fufilling purpose. Spending 80 hours to reach lvl 20 in a game is hardly as good in life as doing 80 hours of community service, or 80 hours of studying, or even 80 hours of reading for that matter.

I prefer flexing my creativity with ma guitar personally...

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-14-2003, 03:57 AM
I think this is all about a "new toy" .....his guitar....

Once he realises guitars can only do so much.....Video games will be tha main source of recreation again......

Tom Morello
09-14-2003, 04:02 AM
I think this is all about a "new toy" .....his guitar....

Once he realises guitars can only do so much.....Video games will be tha main source of recreation again......

I've had my guitar for 6 months now... it's only now that I'm getting serious...

I've been an activist for about a year now, it's only now that I'm getting more involved...

The reason for this? I have more time to do the things I truly enjoy now that I don't play video games! :D

Alpha
09-14-2003, 04:11 AM
You will be back...you will be back...

*hypnotizes*

Tom Morello
09-14-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Alpha
You will be back...you will be back...

*hypnotizes*

Maybe... eventually... like once I graduate from college/university... but over the next few years... I doubt it :D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-14-2003, 10:32 AM
This is a Drawing I made about a year ago.....

This is pritty much what my FFXI Char will Look Like with Red Armour....

inlineskating29
09-14-2003, 09:55 PM
are u a quaker

or are u just some tuchy feeling person upsest with helping others and shit

Tom Morello
09-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by inlineskating29
are u a quaker

or are u just some tuchy feeling person upsest with helping others and shit

Umm... learn to spell...

And as far as I know I am not a company which makes oatmeal... but I'll get back to you on that one when I get more info... XD

Grand Lethal
09-15-2003, 02:48 AM
*nods at Taerdin*
I have a lot of respect for people with conviction.. and you, my friend, have conviction.

I hope you still game a llittle... would hate to see all that talent go to waste!

Tom Morello
09-15-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Grand Lethal
*nods at Taerdin*
I have a lot of respect for people with conviction.. and you, my friend, have conviction.

I hope you still game a llittle... would hate to see all that talent go to waste!

I'll try :p

And thanks a lot for saying I have conviction... I think... wait... *looks up conviction in the webster's dictionary*

*reads*

Ah! Yes... thanks! :D

Mmmm... conviction...

Tom Morello
09-15-2003, 03:02 AM

Alpha
09-15-2003, 03:19 AM
>=/

*coughcheatercough*

CloudS_1
09-15-2003, 03:25 PM
Wow, I think I missed alot. Good luck Taerdin on whatever you choose to do, whether you play none at all or whether you play just a little. Now I'm worried about your apprentice, Zaphier (unless I've missed something else). Also Taerdin, just because you play video games doesn't mean you can't help people too. After FFX came out, during Christmas vacation I found time to Play 50+ hours, go to church and help at a local Rescue mission. "Where there's a will, there's a way."

Grand Lethal
09-16-2003, 02:37 PM
Yeah... Zaphy may not be getting FFXI either now because he says I can only pay in 2 hour stints. Later in the game that may be hard to do... especially considering that you need at least 6 hours minimum just to get a chocobo! That means that just to get it its like half a week of playing. On the other hand, you can still accomplish a fair bit in 2 hours. I hope to see everyone in the game at some point or another, it is a very good game... my little Dark Knight got to level 12 last night :)

I saw the funniest thing yesterday though. There is this guy that a lot of people hate because hes a total wanker and is just rude.. so a bunch of my linkshell invited him into a pt where the preceded to teleport him to the Crag near Bastok (far from where they were) and Boot him!!! it was priceless! So just to let you know what people don't like:
1. Don't pointlessly shout, use only if you have just come on in an area and need a pt, or you are warning people of an oncoming train of monsters heading towards a zone.
2. Help people... lend money, give advice, and generally do what you can to be kind to everyone... unless they are annoying bastards.
3. Do what your party asks of you... if you are a whm do NOT attack enemies and let your mp get to zero and refuse to heal because you want to skill chain with a whm... I don't think I have ever seen that whm in a good party since that incident.
4. Give up items once in a while if someone needs something. There was one guy that refused to not cast a lot for an item that 2 of us needed for our job (it was a spell) because he wanted to sell it. He has since been blacklisted by a lot of people.

Aside from that, just enjoy the game! Its loads of fun

CloudS_1
09-16-2003, 03:05 PM
... my little Dark Knight got to level 12 last night :) ...

Wow, so you're finally a Dark Knight. What kind of abilities do they have (besides some Black magic and Blood weapon b/c I know about those). Also, since they have magic, is their mp really good or just better than an ordinary warrior's mp.

Lionx
09-17-2003, 05:07 AM
3. Do what your party asks of you... if you are a whm do NOT attack enemies and let your mp get to zero and refuse to heal because you want to skill chain with a whm... I don't think I have ever seen that whm in a good party since that incident.

Hmm funny, maybe its me but i melee and attk too but i never let anyone die. Well then again i only melee on clippers and a few othe rmonsters that we are sure we can win against with little problems if everything goes right. So i whack, renkei, and heal. But i never do that against say a Dancing Weapon or a Archophilies which i know are hard to kill. And i dont usually get the jerk title...but then again it may be as i said, i melee against stuff which i know are able to be beaten.

I do 110 dmg with my renkei attk alone..yay :)

There is this guy that a lot of people hate because hes a total wanker and is just rude.. so a bunch of my linkshell invited him into a pt where the preceded to teleport him to the Crag near Bastok (far from where they were) and Boot him!!!

It was Asharu right? XD i was against the kill thing but i am all in for the boot thing.

*forget what wanker means* :eep:

Grand Lethal
09-17-2003, 05:11 AM
Warriors have no mp actually (unless you have an mp bonus on weapons or armor)... drk has fairly low mp, but I have whm subbed so it adds a little extra. So far I have gotten 2 new things from DRK. The first is at level 5 you get Arcane Circle which gives temporary protection agianst arcane magics. At level 10 you get increase Pysical attack bonus.... I'll keep you posted on the others. I know there is a site out there that has it all listed...

CloudS_1
09-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks Grand Lethal. How often can you use those abilities? Once every five minutes or so?

Oh, and I have one more question, if Taerdin is really not playing the game, who is the leader of the Matilda Knights?

Alpha
09-17-2003, 11:28 PM
Hmmm, I've completely forgotten about our clan sections. Not like they really matter much at all.

By the way, new FF11 movie (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=70&object_id=14009&adtag=network=ign&site=ps2&pagetype=medialist&page_title=Final+Fantasy+XI) at IGN. It's short but it shows some chocobo riding.

Lionx
09-18-2003, 06:48 AM
Now heres chocobos ^^

Valarm
09-18-2003, 07:20 AM
Nice pic. Your all so lucky geting to play befor the release. Maybe if I luck out I'll end up on the same server as the rest of you and can ride along once or twice.

Tom Morello
09-18-2003, 10:43 PM
I'm not giving up games completely... I play about 1/3 of what I used to... and I'm not getting FFXI...

But I will be getting other online games maybe... not yet sure of what the future will bring...

But meh... whatchagonnado?:D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Tom Morello: But meh... whatchagonnado?

I am soo getting a Chocobo......THATS what i am gonna do!!!

Also ..... Grand Leathal and the rest of the beta testers:

When the game comes out will you guys be giving the rest of the WLA a world pass like right away so we can be on the same server as your pre-existing characters?

Grand Lethal
09-20-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure whats happening yet with world passes etc... not even sure where I'll end up in the end. Have to wait to see what happens when retail comes out.. I know I'll be playing differently when the retail comes out.

CloudS_1
09-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Grand Lethal .. I know I'll be playing differently when the retail comes out.

What do you mean by playing differently? Do you mean more often, more seriously, etc?

Grand Lethal
09-25-2003, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna be playing more efficiently in retail... Beta was just fooling around, I think that I will not play as much whm in retail. I do like the class, but It was easier to level war classes. I think I wil actually be a Taru DRK/something in Retail. I have been having a blast as a DRK. I really didn't like BST after I tried it... havig a monster really pulls away exp... although you don't have to heal as a BST if you let the beast do the work. I do think that DRG would be fun, and I will try it in retail, but we'll see I guesss.

I can't wait until it comes out :)

Lionx
09-25-2003, 05:42 AM
Hey GL i wanna ask u..would it be better if i be a melee class first and then switch to my WHM? because u said its easier to lvl...and from my WHM point of view at the moment...easier and more gil is better...so give me opinions?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-25-2003, 01:39 PM
I also Have some Character Creation Questions....

I plan on Becoming Either Dark Knight/Dragoon

Or I was thinking about a Dark Knight/Paladan

Or a Dark Knight/Ninja or a DarkKnight/Monk

3 Questions

1.) Should I be Elvaan or Hume?

2.) Whats a good Class to mix With Dark Knight?

3.) AND Should I start out as a Warrior or a Monk?

Grand Lethal
09-25-2003, 05:34 PM
Lionx: It is so much easier to level as a Warrior class. I can get to level 10 in a few hours with a warrior class (even without subbing whm) and the Gil is way better as well (especially around Sandoria). My DRK is now lvl 13 (almost 14 and I have only played it for 2 days and only about 6 hours or so), and I have only been in a pt once so far. I got PLD up to level 10 in just 4 hours, and I got WAR to 10 in about 5 hours before I switched to WHM which took forever to level because of the lack of physical attacks.

Nakor: DRK is a pretty hard class to sub for... well yes and no. DRK is probably the easiest class to solo as with the massive amounts of Damage they do, but the have horrible defence. I have been subbing PLD for the past little while, but if you are going to be in a PT I would suggest subbing WAR,THF, or BLM. WAR just gives you an all around melee buffer, THF gives you a little agi boost to attack faster and such, and BLM gives you a magic boost for the Bl. Magic yuo already possess and some extra MP. If you are soloing you can really choose what you want, but I llike PLD for cure and the defence boost. DRG is the WORST thing you can sub for DRK... they are weak defensively, and you can't use the wyvern 2 hour special as a sub... so that really only gives you enhanced spear and a tiny bit of dex bonuses. Ninja might be alright, but their major bonus is the ambidextrous trait (hold 2 weapons) which is pointless because DRK use 2 handed weapons all the time (scythes and greatswords). I haven't head much about monk, but it would give you more HP, so I can't see it being to bad... but again they are weak defensively so probably not great. As far as race goes, I think Galka make the best DRK, but Elvaan run a close second. I would definitely start with WAR though, it is versitile and MNK is pretty crappy as far as I am concerned... just my opinions though :)

Rostum
09-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Grand Lethal: How's it going? Haven't talked in a long time. I want to be a Tarutaru I'm sure of that, and I was thinking of starting off as a Theif, would this be wise? I was planning later on to have Theif/Monk then Ninja/Theif. What do you think?

Grand Lethal
09-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Its a rough start as a Taru Theif, but later on Theif/Ninja is a great combo.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-26-2003, 07:51 AM
I am Not sure if I am Gonna be A hume or an Elvaan YET

But I Will Start Warrior then go DRK/Warrior for a while and eventually Become DRK/PLD

At least thats the plan....so far.....I'll Probably go Hume....

Rostum
09-26-2003, 11:37 PM
Its a rough start as a Taru Theif, but later on Theif/Ninja is a great combo. What if I started out as a Warrior, then when I've done the subjob quest, go to Theif / Warrior. Or is it just hard to be a Theif overall as a Tarutaru, not just when you start off?

Grand Lethal
09-27-2003, 01:06 AM
That'd probably be a safer route to take. War added defense and such would be a real asset for a taru theif.

I think I may try and get level 30 again with my whm (lost it getting pld) and then go for summoner, ranger and bard, just for kicks :)

Rostum
09-28-2003, 09:47 AM
OoOo, taking a big step there with the Summoner. I've heard it's a pretty hard job to work through. Although I'm probably very wrong.

Thanks for the info Nick. ;)

SubMatrix
09-28-2003, 10:42 PM
I intended to read the entire thread, I really did, but around post.. um.. 40 something I got kind of bored and just decided to skip to the end. I'm interested in joining the clan. My email is Transfigurating@aol.com. My name is Leighton and my character will be a Mithra Red Mage named Josephine. So what server do we plan on going to? And are we going to use world passes to get everyone together or is everyone on their own to join the right server? I signed up at the guild website but didn't see a lot of information there (I didn't look hard either), so I'll go look again. Bye

Leighton

KireiBlood
09-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Grand Lethal check out ur mail from the website, im new in this clan...i was in the EoFF and have been on and off of this FFXI forum for 2 years, but thats besides the point. i want to start my own group, look in ur emails and it is there

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Well we will be getting world passes within a day or two of the game release so we are all on the same server.

And we are located in Windurst......Thus the Name of the clan.

SubMatrix
09-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Have you picked what server we will be on though? I've got a little arrangement set up with a friend at EB to give me the game on the 28th to get a sort of head start and to wait a day or two for a WP to arrive is just... forever.

Leighton

KireiBlood
09-29-2003, 06:53 PM
grand lethal would u be able to escort me if u keep ur levels......because i wont eb starting in windurst, because im gonan want my stupid elvan ring because i have a feeling........anyways can i associate my self with windurst afterwards?

Grand Lethal
09-30-2003, 12:44 AM
Yes, you can switch country loyalty at any time, but you lose missions and thus rank points when you do it. I won't get to keep my character from Beta though :(

As of right now I don't even know when I'll be getting the game or how much I'll get to play it.

CloudS_1
09-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Why won't you get to keep your character GL? Did you not get to lvl 40 or was it for some other reason?

Grand Lethal
09-30-2003, 05:32 AM
lvl 40 still not confirmed.. and I never made it anyway
besides I want to start from scratch in retail.

Lionx
09-30-2003, 09:01 AM
About the server..i talked to Mojo and hopefully if ur ok with it, when i get into the GA server i will personally try to invite as many of you guys as possible providing that you give me a list of players and stats so i know whom to invite. ^^

And they patched it i think, about the alliegence thing. No longer do u lose rank points. Or was that Conquest points? o well.

Lvl 40 means entrance to expansion areas.

SubMatrix
09-30-2003, 01:47 PM
By GA do you mean the Garuda server? Also, does anyone know if the "delete you character and make a new one" method will work for getting a new server? Or will once you have a server you're stuck there till someone sends you a world pass. From what I can tell there are 8 servers that are American only and therefore empty (with exception to the BETA server) so all new players would more than likely wind up in one of those servers since the randomization of servers is supposed to exist to balance the server populations. So basically if the delete and try again method works, on average you wouldn't have to start again more than 8 times (as opposed to the roughly 30 total servers that exist). Is anyone from the guild going to be in charge of putting together a list of everyone who wants in and setting priority?

Leighton

Lionx
09-30-2003, 03:21 PM
GA=Glorious Alliance

An alied clan.

Your stuck in til u get WP. They fixed the bug.

(with exception to the BETA servers)

Theres only one Beta server, Cactuar.

Grand Lethal
09-30-2003, 03:22 PM
There will not be "american only" servers. Once the servres are up, yes they will be predominently American, but if a New Japanese player signs up, chances are he'll end up on a new server as well. We'll also see a lot of importers from Europe and other areas when it comes out.

By GA Lionx means the Glorious Alliance. I'm still unsure about the whole idea of being on their server though, I suppose it would be helpful, but with them being in a huge LS and us being in a seperate one, whats the point really? I barely get to see members of the LS I am in in Beta right now, and it is 100+ strong. I do like SavannasSuperstars, they have ben very helpful, but I really think that its not soing what its supposed to do. There have only been 2 times that I have actually gotten physical assistance from my LS. Once getting to Jueno for the first time, and once getting the BST advanced job. Everything else I did I had to rely on others for assistance. (well the dragon was more of a fluke, they asked for my help and I just happened to need to do the quest :) ). I do understand that in the game you can't drop everything to go and help an LS member, but I have seen people leave a party to do so... just to let you guys know, there is a lot of politics in this game, be prepared for that.

SubMatrix
09-30-2003, 04:11 PM
Is there a master server list somewhere? I found one site that listed off the Japanese and American servers. The American servers contained every Japanese server but only had 8 additional servers that were not listed in the Japanese servers. I also didn't see the Glorious Alliance server listed.

Leighton

KireiBlood
09-30-2003, 09:16 PM
i was just thinking....how big will The Windurst Liberation Army be? is there a cap as too how many peopel can join. i think it wouldn't be great if there were mad people. like 50 is a lot of people and allies if ur on the same server, or even have 40 on one and 40 on another, but if it got crazily big how would it work? woudl it be as organized....i havent played an mm so i don't know

Alpha
09-30-2003, 11:14 PM
We really don't have a limit right now, we did at one point but...to many people get lost from the clan or whatever so we don't even know how many people we have at the moment.

crazy_sponge
10-01-2003, 12:23 AM
Ok, a little late, but oh well.

I'd like to join this so called "WLA". I think it'd be a pretty good idea to join up with a clan at the very beginning, to, y'know, make it easier on myself. Since I'm probably not going to get anywhere fast going solo the whole time.

So, yeah... I'm still thinking about what my character (size/race/job/etc.) is going to be... Right now I'm kinda thinking either Hume or Elvaan monk/thief maybe... but I'm hearing that monk isn't a very good job... Oh well, I've always liked that job, so I think I might start off as a warrior and switch over. Or something. You'll have to forgive me if I sound like I don't have any idea what I'm talking about; it'll be because I don't.

Seeing as I first read a small blurb about this game a long while back in some magazine, I didn't have much interest in it. Now that I've read the recent edition of PSM, I'm kinda interested. Kinda really interested, and looking around feverishly on the internet for any scrap of information I can find.

Ok, enough of my babbling. My e-mail is crazy_sponge@yahoo.com. I don't have an MSN messenger yet, let alone an MSN account, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

One more thing... Are they going to be doing another beta test period, or anything like that? I highly doubt it, but I'd like to know if they are, so I can sign up.

-spongeman

Lionx
10-01-2003, 04:26 AM
Well if nothing but getting parties easier and mantaining relationships i guess you can be on the same server. I would like to play with all you guys really, and you can always switch around in LS if you really like to ask for help.

dont wanna lose you guys and the SavannaSuperstars are trying to get on the same GA server too. So really its b est if we can all be together and all. Its alot more ppl too, so we should see each other every now and then more often.

Rostum
10-01-2003, 08:00 AM
Have no fear, Grand Lethal and I are working on a new face for the WLA, a new website. It won't be too long till it gets up and running, I just need to get pictures of landscapes in Windurst and also buildings and such... looking in your direction Grand Lethal and LionX. :o

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-01-2003, 02:45 PM
I would say we are at about 10-15 people who will be very avtive.....Definatly Not more than that right now.

I hope we do get a few more Active people to join.

Grand Lethal
10-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Its a lot easier to recruit in game, so no worries. I figure we'll be 50+ strong once our name gets out in retail :)

Alpha
10-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Yea, no fuss with the word passes if our later recruits are already in our server. At that point our limit will be whatever the linkshell can hold, like 70 or something like that. I don't remember

Lionx
10-02-2003, 01:41 AM
Well i dont think theres a LS limite...i mean the Superstars i think have over 100?

Alpha
10-02-2003, 01:54 AM
It seems like everything I once knew about FF11 is now invalid. =O

*kicks the beta people*

KireiBlood
10-02-2003, 02:20 AM
ill be very active....once grand lethal answers my email and gives me command of my theives and ninja ofset

keep the info coming

Grand Lethal
10-02-2003, 03:24 AM
There is going to be a change, I don't think we'll be having any guilds. It looks good on paper but in game it doesn't serve much purpose really. Main importance will be actual guild involvement.