PDA

View Full Version : Remake or Sequel?

Enigma
07-05-2003, 01:37 AM
There's been a lot of talking about possible FFVII sequels or remakes. I want to know who wants a sequel and who just wants are remake with PS2 or PS3 graphics.

Before, I wanted a sequel but now that I think about it, Square hasn't been doing anything really great lately and they may mess up FFVII forever so I'd have to say, they need to do a remake.

eternalshiva
07-05-2003, 04:32 PM
It would be awesome to have it as a remake, FFX type of graphics would be mesmerizing...

PhoenixAsh
07-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Erm... both.... *looks angrily at lack of options in poll*

Max
07-05-2003, 06:33 PM
I agree with PhoenixAsh I want both.:greenie:

zacks_clone
07-05-2003, 07:08 PM
...neither...:: ducks bullets :: HEY HEY!WHAT ABOUT A PREQUEL

Enigma
07-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Grrr, I wasn't thinking about Prequel...must have slipped my mind but the reason why I didn't put both was because I wanted to see which one people wanted to see MORE than the other option.

Zifnab
07-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Prequel or Remake, something that doesn't harm the current greatness of FFVII.

Prequel - Some light on the Ancients and Jenova.

Remake - Nothing changed except graphics, music and some of the dodgy dialogue. Like Vincent's "Cool?" when he meant "Cold?" bothers me alot.

IF there were any changes to FFVII, I'd quite like a Vincent side-quest.

Mr. Graves
07-06-2003, 02:00 AM
Remake. I'm against a sequal for various reasons.

Ultima Seraph
07-06-2003, 05:40 AM
Sequel would be good.

Remake would be better.

But I chose neither. I want a prequel, dammit. Prequel which touches on:
-Ancients and Jenova
-Jenova Project
-ShinRa's Rise to Power
-How Sephiroth became a "hero" in the Wutai war.

Naz
07-06-2003, 06:55 AM
though it would never happen, i would like 2 see a remake of 7. why chance or make silly dditions 2 one of the great games known 2 mankind

Miriel
07-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Definitely a remake.
There's too big a chance that a sequel will just...suck

And I agree with eternalshiva, FFVII with shiny new graphics would be amazing.

Shoeberto
07-06-2003, 07:16 AM
Remake. I don't see how they could do anything really worth telling during a sequel or prequel. Newer graphics a la Resident Evil Remake would be nice - video backgrounds rather than static pictures and new overall character models.

Rude
07-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Neither. Leave FF7 alone.

zacks_clone
07-08-2003, 08:36 PM
-How Sephiroth became a "hero" in the Wutai war.

didnt Cloud say he was a commander...or general or somthing?...

Blackmage
07-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Remake, duh. To sequel-ize it would be a grave mistake, in my opinion. A prequel is do-able, but it'd be rather short; Square Enix would also have to make sure they actually put effort into it as well (Unlike FFX-2, which so far seems to have been more or less slapped together.).

Aya Nekoneko
07-18-2003, 05:39 AM
I think a remake would be better.

I don't know, I just thought that "final"... final. *shrug*

Besides, I thought the game was ended perfectly and it doesn't really need another sequel. Would it be of Cloud going to find Aeris or something? o.O I remember reading in Electronic Gamering Monthly a couple of years back where one of the directors(?) of FFX said he wanted to make a gaiden for Cloud and Aeris...

K-chan
07-18-2003, 08:06 PM
I'd say a remake would be better cos then FF10-2 thing. It might be a great game (i dunno yet!) but the name would sound crappy. FF7-2? I think a Sephiroth in better graphics would be WAY kooler!

DaMagicSausage
07-18-2003, 09:26 PM
I would like to see kinda a combination of the two... Keep most of the origonal storyline, but change a few thing like adding more to vincents side quest, i wanted to hear more of his story, be able to get the sepheroth/zack clone, revive areith, i mean there is alot of things i could think of that i rhink would have made the story better. OOOhhh i could imaging the summons being FFX style :) Go alexander.

BorIzEE27
07-18-2003, 11:56 PM
definitely a remake. the only thing 7 is missing are good graphics

Loony BoB
07-21-2003, 02:54 PM
I guess I wouldn't mind a sequel, because to be honest, I don't really enjoy all those lovely high quality graphics all the time. They leave less and less for you to adjust to your own pleasing, and it becomes more of a TV show than a game, lately. I liked the boxy graphics, maybe I'm just weird. Heh. Although the FMV's could be touched up, I wouldn't mind that.

Cz
07-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Neither. I'm not a fan of releasing direct sequels to FF's, and like you say, it might screw up FFVII forever.

On the other hand, if a remake was released, and was actually successful, I'd loathe it with a passion. I mean come on, would you really buy the same game, but with improved graphics?

§håd0w
07-24-2003, 12:08 AM
remake dude. where would the sequel pick up at? everyone else is dead, and red XIII is the only one left alive. and midgar is totallt trashed. it would be a horrible sequel

FFboy4ever
07-26-2003, 02:30 PM
It's hard to say if i want a remake or a sequel or a prequel. i'm leaning more toward a sequel or prequel cuz out of ALL the final fantasy games this one has the most unanswered questions!!:grr: but....maybe one of them could be made on the PSP hehe:D

Master.Pug
07-26-2003, 07:10 PM
neither!!

there is only one original FFVII!
please let it be the best game ever ;)

animee_
07-27-2003, 01:21 AM
i say remake, it would be so cool to play FF7 with FFX graphics and the characters would look really cool as well, hehe i thought Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts looked really good....so it would be neat to play FF7 again with better type of graphics.

i think it would be a big mistake to try and make a sequal, they might end up wrecking a very good game by trying to do so...

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 01:27 AM
as long as lance bass is sephiroth. mandy moore as aeris was actually really good, but lance just brought shame to sephiroth's name

Zild
07-27-2003, 02:30 PM
***SPOILERS THROUGHOUT***

What's Kingdom Hearts?

Prequel - I think this has the most potential. In the years shortly prior to FFVII, you had Sephiroth, Cloud, Zack... and what about Avalanche? There's a huge list of directly related things you could put into a prequel. The rise of Shinra as a background setting? Or the war? Can't be bad...

Remake - I'd like to see this too, particulalry for the graphics but yes also for things like the suggested Vincent side-quest. But bringing Aeris back to life (or not killing her off) strikes me as a bad move... that was a move I never expected, and when some B*****D told me it was going to happen I couldn't believe him... and then I saw it in a F*****G magazine! When will people learn not to put spoilers in all the time?! However, just because I'd like to see it, that does not mean I'd actually pay for it - perhaps if I had time to play it I would, but I'd rather go and complete 8 9 and 10 first...

Sequel - This is when it would be okay to bring back Aeris... I'd like to see this one too, although I'm not too sure what they could make it about.

My basic feeling is that Squaresoft should be making a lot more Final Fantasy games, of any and all kinds. I've never thought of a Final Fantasy game as a bad thing, and they should be instant sellers. Having said that, they shouldn't rush games out to rake in the cash. They need to keep producing titles of high quality, and if that means expanding and hiring more staff, all the better for the Japanese economy.

*Starts petitioning the Japanese government to subsidise Squaresoft in order to stimulate their economy.*

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 03:12 PM
kingdom hearts is a game created by sqaure and disney. imagine this.... cloud turns evil, he sephiroth and some others attack the disney people, and then imagine seeing a disney movie with a ff plot and a talking (and revived) aeris:D

Zild
07-27-2003, 03:20 PM
And this is LEGITIMATE?!

Where can I find it?!

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 03:36 PM
at any game retailer

Yunaknight
07-28-2003, 10:59 PM
If they make a sequel they need new characters exept Red XIII cause it shows 500 yrs. later and only Red XIII is alive

Blood Wake
07-30-2003, 02:44 AM
my brother said that he heard they may make a remake for PS2

§håd0w
07-30-2003, 01:21 PM
as long as they dont riun it with bad voices, or let u choose a name for someone (FFX) and then not speak it, im fine.