PDA

View Full Version : Tifa's Questionable Behavior - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Savannah
07-05-2003, 12:57 PM
I bought FFVII a few months back, and I loathed Tifa from the moment she appeared on the screen. And recently I stumbled upon a scene that amused me greatly. I just wanted to see what the rest of you thought about this part of the game.

In the beach town, Costa del Sol (?), there is a room right beside the bar you can go into. Should you go into this room, you'll find a red-headed man sprawled-eagle on a bed. Talk to him, and he says "Mumble, mumble (Tifa, promise me you'll be happy)". Then, across from him, there's a dark-haired girl changing clothes in the bathroom!

I consider this proof that Tifa is a tramp. :p

eternalshiva
07-05-2003, 01:03 PM
lol, I don't remember that part! I will have to play it again to see that... who did you have in your party to get that scene? I know you can get different scenes if you have different parties, like the one where you kick the ball to Red and he freaks out ;p

Savannah
07-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Barret and Tifa. I saved over that part, however, I'm pretty sure, or I would go back and change parties to see if it's really her.

crono_logical
07-05-2003, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I saw that scene :p Didn't make much of it myself though :p

Heath
07-05-2003, 02:46 PM
The man is actually Johnny I think, who you see in the slums. What I made of it that he actually had a crush on Tifa but didn't ask her out or start anything from this. I merely thought that this was Johnny wishing Tifa to be happy.

But meh, whatever floats your submarine.

Savannah
07-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Heath
The man is actually Johnny I think, who you see in the slums. What I made of it that he actually had a crush on Tifa but didn't ask her out or start anything from this. I merely thought that this was Johnny wishing Tifa to be happy.

But meh, whatever floats your submarine.

And Tifa's changing in his bathroom? :p

Big D
07-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Nope. Johnny's wife is taking a bath.
During Cloud's flashback, you can read a rather emotional letter written by Johnny to Tifa. It's on her desk. She won't be happy about cloud reading it, but oh well.

Johnny's parents were in Sector 7... did they make it out before the collapse? Johnny didn't seem to distraught later. Perhaps that had something to do with his wife, who he apparently met at the less-than-reputable Honeybee Inn.

eternalshiva
07-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Bah I agree, Tifa's a skank ;p Cloud should use a life spell on Aris and ditch the drama queen lol

TheAbominatrix
07-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Damn, Big D beat me to it. Personally I though Aeris was the skankier of the two. Tifa may have had less clothes on but Aeris was the one hangin all over Cloud *shrugs* not tryin to get into a war over this though.

PhoenixAsh
07-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Yeah Aeris always get portrayed as this sweet and pure girl just because she wore Holy in her hair and grew flowers.
If yu just look at her relationship with Zack and Cloud, and her constant thinking of herself, the role picked her, she didn't pick it.

Wightraven
07-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Aeris wasn't a skank. Jeez. I mean, I'm sure she wasn't as pure as erryone thought she was, but Tifa was a ho. Really. Aeiris was just one of those girls who wore her heart on her sleeve and REALLY liked Cloud.

TheAbominatrix
07-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Really, not to start an argument, but aside from her manner of dress, what did Tifa do that was particularily hoe-ish? I cant really think of anything... and I'm honestly trying. She was very shy about her feelings, very loyal, very strong. I really dont see anything slutty about her.

I'm not saying Aeris was a slut either, I'm simply saying that of the two, I think she was the worst. She was a bit cruel to Tifa, sort of flaunting the fact that Cloud might just like her over Tifa, whom she knew cared for Cloud. She was in love with Cloud mostly because he reminded her of her long-gone boyfriend Zack, and she was very... flirty. To put it nicely.

Radje
07-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey, hey, hey! I can't really see the point in arguing about this. It's just a confrontaton made up by us because of the way square designed the characters, i didn't even think Tifa looked slutty in her clothers.

Wightraven
07-05-2003, 06:57 PM
All right... *decides to explain self, and is sure there are spoilers abound below*

I know girls like Aeris and I know girls like Tifa.

The girls like Aeris, while they may be open about their feelings and competitive about their men, aren't really all that concerned over sex. Aeris above all wanted Cloud because he made her feel safe and because he reminded her of Zack. I would even go so far as to say that she loved Cloud, and that's a very strong pull in and of itself. Love makes people do stupid things.

The girls like Tifa. The popular girls. The girls all the boy swoon over. They're either nice and innocent, or they're... well, not so innocent. Recall that Tifa had quite a few boys over at her house all the time, when they were, what was it? 14? Come on now, you fellows out there know what life was like when you were 14. Now in my eyes she gave into the "pressure" if you will. That's why she reached out to Cloud that night on the well. He was the only one who hadn't treated her like a piece of meat. She wanted her knight in shining armor to save her. To save her from what? The promiscuous life she was leading. Adding to that are the simple concepts of wearing a short leather skirt into battle and having breasts that cannot possibly be natural, plus several lines she said that were rather... lewd.

Plus I might make one more point; observe how the girls react to the situation at Don Corneos. Aeris treats it like a game, but Tifa seems to have a very serious attitude, knowing about what goes on here, possibly firsthand.

Of course this is just heresay and conjecture and none of you really have to believe my opinion about the sexual habits of fictional characters, but dammit I felt they needed to be shared.

TheAbominatrix
07-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Well see, most of those are hypothetical situation. And to note, for the most part all my friends were male growing up, and I am a 20 year old virgin and proud of it. Tifa doesnt seem to me like a person who could easily be friends with other girls. I myself have a problem befriending most girls, I just find most of them too concerned with things like make up and clothes and such. I like tougher girls, I like to be a tougher girl.

So we both made our points, and I think we both made them really well, eh? Even if yours was all hypothetical, nerdmo :p And by the way, with Tifa at the Don's, I think she was so serious because it was a very very important mission. Aeris is very... sort of sheltered I think, though she handles herself very well. She treats life as a game, where as Tifa is more serious, neither of them is wrong in that sense. Maybe Aeris just didnt know what went on in there, or maybe she just thought that was funny. Tifa may have known, but it's kind of common knowledge what goes on in places like that, ya know?

So can we just agree to disagree? :)

zacks_clone
07-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Hmm...Well...

Alright,alright.I suppose I could say i am not really too fond of ANY of the fe-mail characters in Final Fantasy 7.Sure,atfirst I was a big fan of Aeris.Tifa LOOKED the slutty stype.By the end of the game,i THOUGH she was because of some of the comments she made,the constant trying to win cloud over lines and acting pathetic and weak at times too.Aeris seemed not to care too much about winning Cloud over.Playful and caring,a loving person.Remeber when Tifa told Red to be strong?I thought she was copying Tifa.This was all befor my second game,where I took the trouble to go on the date with tifa.

Thats probly what turned me around.Any of you who have gone on the date with Tifa would probly feel abit sorry and have a change of heart.I then felt Aeris was after cloud for the simple reson that she reminded him of Zack,because he was 'pretending' to be,in a sense.

Tifa didnt date other people.Never said she did anyways.not once did she say 'oh,cloud,you remind me of him'.Aeris did.but then,Aeris didnt dress the slutty part.Tifa did....Only sulution here...YUFFIE!(oh,great...bet i started another war)

TheAbominatrix
07-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Not a war at all, Zacky. We're adults here, no one's mad at anyone. Just havin a discussion. And a well-informed one as well, not just "She's a slut!" spat back over and over.

Yuffie isnt a sexual character to me at all. Not cause she's young, just cause she's so... not sexual.

Wightraven
07-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Ah agreeing to disagree! My favorite end result! *nerdmo shakes hands with the Abominatrix* Then it is settled.

However I DO agree with you about Yuffie. She just wasn't the type for sex in my eyes. Which is too bad, as she was the cutest one. *grins*

Miriamel
07-05-2003, 08:05 PM
*Aerith-hater*

Haha! She sucks. *runs*

Big D
07-06-2003, 03:25 AM
None of the characters behaved in a promiscuous fashion at any point in the game. There are things which may hint at it - for instance, Tifa's costume and job, Yuffie's enthusiasm to chat with the Seaplane Guy after disembarking at Costa del Sol. However, they all showed that they have standards too. Aeris never layed a finger on Cloud, and Tifa was very annoyed at the prospect of the boys looking at her while they were climbing the stairs in the Shinra complex.

None of the characters actually behaved in an openly dodgy manner, though.

Ultima Seraph
07-06-2003, 05:36 AM
Kudos. >DDDD LoL.

I heard that Tifa was an added-in character at the end of the game's storyline development. Whether or not this is true, I know not, but I read this online interview with Tetsuya Nomura a while back (fan translated) and it said something along those lines. Seeing that he did write most of that story... yeah. Just some interesting info.

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2003, 05:39 AM
*shakes the nerdmo's hand, shares 'agree-to-disagree cake*

Onto the new info...

Hmm... I never heard that. Doesnt sound too probable, because of all the things she's in, namely the scene when she and Cloud are in the Lifestream together. There's no one else in the party that would know all that stuff to help him through. It is possible though. Neato. :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-06-2003, 06:13 AM
It's obviously not like they threw Tifa in at the last minute or anything. It's just that she wasn't originally originally a part of the plot. I bet a lot of the characters weren't, either. Trivial.

Savannah
07-06-2003, 07:01 AM
I don't like either of them. Why do they need Cloud to be their knight in shining armor? Have some dignity and self-respect, girls. *points to Yuna as an example*

Miriel
07-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Savannah
Have some dignity and self-respect, girls. *points to Yuna as an example* O_o *falls over*

I think Tifa had plently of both dignity and self-respect. She was perfectly capable of handling herself without the help of Cloud. She had a crush on him, I can definintely relate to that, it doesn't make her helpless just because she wants someone to be there to support her.

*dislikes Yuna*

eternalshiva
07-06-2003, 11:35 AM
lol this is great...

*eats the agree to disagree cake*

ERR... Yeah, Aeris did have some rebound issues BUT she did go after Cloud fair and square! Tifa was friends with bullies when he was young and they picked on him all the time.

BOF, maybe Cloud feels bad about Zack and that's why he hangs out with Aeris. It's a Betty-Veronice-Archie love triangle thing, who knows who will win but it got decided cause one got killed! Yay for Tifa I guess

*she plotted it with Sephiroth! She did She did!*
:lol:

Big D
07-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah, Aeris did have some rebound issues BUT she did go after Cloud fair and square! Aeris never saw Zack again after he left for Nibelheim, five years before the events in the game. That's a heck of a long rebound period...
She was drawn to Cloud simply because he had those characteristics that she liked. Tifa knew him as a friend originally, and then wanted to stay by him and find out what was going on after he turned up in Sector 7 carrying Zack's sword and with gaping holes in his memory. She became even more attached as a result.

So, I don't think either of them had a greater or more legitimate 'claim' to Cloud.

By the way, this may be too late, but please mark your spoilers.

eternalshiva
07-06-2003, 12:10 PM
sorry Big D, I didn't realise I wasn't marking them *makes a note for next time*

I agree with you Big D, I am just trying to get the conversation working ;p

Savannah
07-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Miriel
O_o *falls over*

I think Tifa had plently of both dignity and self-respect. She was perfectly capable of handling herself without the help of Cloud. She had a crush on him, I can definintely relate to that, it doesn't make her helpless just because she wants someone to be there to support her.

*dislikes Yuna*

Bah. I don't even try to strike up a conversation with Tifa anymore because it always goes about this like: "Cloud... do you remember when we were kids...? Anyway, I really care about you........."

I thought the whole tons-of-girls-after-one-guy thing was pretty amusing when I watched Tenchi Muyo!, but I guess when I have to actually put up with it (sort of) in a game, it's much less entertaining. The girls can barely think for themselves! I like Yuna, in comparison, much better, because the situation was reversed. She knew what was going on, knew what she wanted to do and her life wasn't planned around her romantic interest. Call me a big hairy feminist. *shrug*

PhoenixAsh
07-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Yuna was the least independant character in all the FFs I've played!
Her entire life and opinions were programmed by Yevon, all she ever said was 'I will defeat Sin' and variations on that. Her only real form of attack was simply calling something else to fight for her. On the occasion that she was the only one who knew something and therefore made the descision herself, she could have very easily got the world destroyed through sheer stupidity until her GUARDIANS came to rescue her.

Tifa held the burden of Clouds past herself, could fight without any weapons unlike everyone else, stuck by Cloud when he was at his weakest state, and actually saved HIM from the lifestream, and at the very end of the game.
I can't remember a point where Cloud really saved her at any time other than when she was still young and dependant.

Savannah
07-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
Yuna was the least independant character in all the FFs I've played!
Her entire life and opinions were programmed by Yevon, all she ever said was 'I will defeat Sin' and variations on that. Her only real form of attack was simply calling something else to fight for her. On the occasion that she was the only one who knew something and therefore made the descision herself, she could have very easily got the world destroyed through sheer stupidity until her GUARDIANS came to rescue her.

Tifa held the burden of Clouds past herself, could fight without any weapons unlike everyone else, stuck by Cloud when he was at his weakest state, and actually saved HIM from the lifestream, and at the very end of the game.
I can't remember a point where Cloud really saved her at any time other than when she was still young and dependant.

AGH... thanks for the spoiler, firstly. -_-

Yuna knew what being a Summoner would entail when she chose to be one. She had her own ideas and opinions, but she was expected to be strong and resilient, more like the leading male roles from the other FFs. When I say she's independent, I don't necessarily mean her JOB, which doesn't really give her a lot of room for her own opinions. I mean that she chose her own path, and didn't let the influence of her romantic interest dictate what she did after she met him (to an extent, letting your romantic interest influence what you do is only right- but the other FF chicks were led around by their noses by it!). Ah, and keep in mind that I've only played FFVII, FFVIII, and FFX. For all I know, there might be a very respectable leading lady in one of the other games. ^_^

TheAbominatrix
07-07-2003, 12:49 AM
Trust me, there are plenty of strong FF leading ladies in the other games. Though there's usually ones who get all weird over guys, as well.

Anyway, I was thinking of something Savannah said, I wanted to make a note. When Tifa was constantly asking Cloud "Remember this?" I think she was testing him. His memories were so garbled it was possible that it a) wasnt Cloud at all, but a Shin Ra clone of some sort or b) Cloud couldnt clearly remember his past/got his memories mixed up with someone else's. Obviously she would be right, at least on the latter part.

It's like when she asked him about the promise... he didnt remember it clearly. He didnt remember anything clearly, and a lot of his memories needed prodding from Tifa. I dont think she was trying to reminisce with him, I think she was both testing him and trying to get him to confront his past.

Yes. :D

PhoenixAsh
07-07-2003, 01:52 AM
I don't like agreeing with TheAbominatrix, it makes me suspiscious. Unfortunately she's talking sense so I have to, damn you and your intuitive thinking!

FFX: What spoiler did I give away? I was careful not to. Yuna might have made the choice to become a summoner, but that's it. Her choice did result in her closet friends having to risk their lives and give up their own dreams despite the fact they didn't want her to do it. Anyway she followed in her father's foosteps, hardly that independant for her only VAGUELY sensible choice in the game.

TheAbominatrix
07-07-2003, 01:56 AM
Yeah I know. I hate agreeing with you, too :p. Hehe. But we've got a like mind on this subject... something evil is afoot, methinks.

Big D
07-07-2003, 07:54 AM
*Updates thread title and adds 'FFX Spoiler' tags to PhoenixAsh's post*

It's like when she asked him about the promise... he didnt remember it clearly. He didnt remember anything clearly, and a lot of his memories needed prodding from Tifa. I dont think she was trying to reminisce with him, I think she was both testing him and trying to get him to confront his past.
I noticed that...
Cloud DID rememeber the promise completely, but only after Tifa reminded him. I liked the way she tried to prompt him to uncover his own buried memories. She was, however, too afraid of losing him or discovering an awful truth to simply confront him directly about it. If she HAD, it might've prevented a lot of tragedy - but the realisation may also have destroyed Cloud.

HOOTERS
07-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Marlene wins sluttiest hands-down thankyouverymuch.

droggen
07-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Hootenanny
Marlene wins sluttiest hands-down thankyouverymuch.
WTF SHE'S WHAT BETWEEN 4-6!!!

TheAbominatrix
07-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by droggen
WTF SHE'S WHAT BETWEEN 4-6!!!

She's 4 I believe, and he isnt being serious.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-08-2003, 09:32 PM
I don't know, Priscilla might be sluttier than Marlene.

PhoenixAsh
07-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Dammit Kishi. I was happily ignoring that until you had to go and say something sensible about it. My mind had already come up with Priscilla fake drowning so Cloud would rescue her before I managed to get it under control.

I'm still lost as to what spoiler I gave away about FFX, really, it was all general stuff that I'm not even sure people who've played the game could know 100% which bits I was talking about.

Savannah
07-09-2003, 12:22 AM
I wasn't talking about an FFX spoiler. I was talking about the FF7 spoiler about Tifa rescuing Cloud from the Lifestream. I'm playing FF7 right now and I haven't even made it past disc one yet. :p

PhoenixAsh
07-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Sorry I assumed people who read these aren't bothered by spoilers given that every post is based on game content. I knew I hadn't put an FFX spoiler in.

Anyway, sorry my bad I guess.

Sefie1999AD
07-09-2003, 12:50 AM
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
I don't know, Priscilla might be sluttier than Marlene.

Kishi is right, actually. :p She was drowning (wow, what great acting from her!) only to have Cloud do mouth-to-mouth stuff to her. And after you get Cloud from Lifestream, Priscilla yells at him: "Cloud! Were you in the Lifestream? You scared me! You mustn't do that again, because one day you're going to marry me!" It's true, she says that!

I don't think Tifa was slutty. In the FF series, there are women who wear less clothes, and they aren't slutty either (take all FFX-2 characters as well as FFX's Lulu for an example). Aeris is a nice character, but it was a bit annoying how she kept constantly comparing her former boyfriend to her new boyfriend candidate.

I always preferred Tifa over Aeris. I got Tifa on Gold Saucer date sequence, and in my game, Cloud and Tifa had lots of romantic moments near the end of the game. IMHO, the game made it very clear that Cloud got over Aeris's death, chose to live on and winded up with Tifa, the girl who he has fancied ever since his childhood (if you were nice to Tifa and got her to date you, that is...). That's why I find it a bit weird that in Kingdom Hearts, Cloud and Aeris got together in the end. I know they just showed Cloud walking to Aeris, but I still think that's more or less a symbol of Cloud choosing Aeris and finally getting her.

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Well Cloud and Aeris are seen together in Tactics, as well. And it's Tifa and Cloud in Ergeiz. I havent played Tactics, but I'm told he's protecting her in it. Regardless of who winds up with who, Aeris is a fan favorite in Japan, or so I'm told, and there's no romance in any of those games, just Cloud protecting Aeris in both. And I dont know how much story is in Ergheiz

Wightraven
07-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Not to mention Kingdom Hearts where in the end Aeris and Cloud reunite rather touchingly. It also makes reference to Cloud searching for her during the game.

I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with anything, really, but it goes along with the information Abominatrix pointed out.

remi07
07-09-2003, 04:09 PM
You all think Tifa dresses slutty? You sould come visit me in southwest virginia, and i could introduce you to some of the trailor trash, skanky, pot head, sluts all ages from 11 and up(but then i guess you can finds girls like that anywhere). Tifa is nun compared to them. And she doesn't even dress that bad.
Well, anyway, the skankier out the two would be tie. Tifa looks skankier, but her personality shes just a sweet heart. Aeris looks less skanky but she is flirty and reminds me of a skank.
But hey, I like them both. Theyre great charaters. BTW, I agree with the ones that say Priscilla is the slutiest! lol

droggen
07-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Wightraven
Not to mention Kingdom Hearts where in the end Aeris and Cloud reunite rather touchingly. It also makes reference to Cloud searching for her during the game.

I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with anything, really, but it goes along with the information Abominatrix pointed out.

Yes and if you notice they based all the Final Fantasy charecters on the Japanese versoins.
Aerith=Aeris.
see what i mean.

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Actually they werent based on any 'version'. Aerith was just Square correcting the original bad translation of 'Aeris'. Her name remains Aeris in tactics, and in KH, no one is exactly as they were in their original games, even if it's something as little as an outfit change.

Imperia
07-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Savannah... That was NOT Tifa. Tifa has long dark hair, but that girl that you think is Tifa had SHORT dark hair. How dare you accuse Tifa of being a slut? She is NOT a slut. Just because she's not "sugary-sweet!" Aeris, and just because she wears a miniskirt doesn't mean she's a bad character. Open your eyes to the truth, YOU!!! :hot:

ChibiInuYasha
07-10-2003, 03:06 AM
Oh! Let's all call Tifa a skank cause she doesn't wear a pretty pink dress and red jacket! (which doesn't match I might add!) Let's imagine Tifa doing Somersault and water kick in a pretty pink dress!! COME ON!! And to add my two cents about the Cloud-Tifa-Aeris love triangle. I think outta the 2, Tifa is the one who truly loves Cloud. I mean, she was the only one who really knew the true Cloud and always stuck by him, even when he wasn't himself. Aeris was in love with his image and the way he reminded of her lost love Zack. If Aeris knew the real Cloud (the one that tifa knew) would she have felt the same way about him? And if u recall, Cloud never got to meet Aeris as "himself" which explains why he didn't feel as strongly about her after he found himself. Doesn't he say after all, something along the lines of "It's time to put our memories of Aeris behind us"? I could of sworn he said something like that. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct and slap me.

Big D
07-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Chill, people. Do try to keep your tempers under control.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-10-2003, 08:00 AM
Or we'll ban you all.

darkchrono
07-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Don't get so wound up over people who don't even exist.

droggen
07-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by darkchrono
Don't get so wound up over people who don't even exist.
Careful them be fightin words.
And i do hate this argument.
Here's a good one for the "Tifa dresses like a skank so she must be!"
I am personally a shoshonni indian do i drink?
(No i have never touched the stuff in my life)

ForeverZeroUltima
07-10-2003, 10:48 PM
hahahahaha...i just found this thread, and as i'm reading it, i'm laughing my butt off at you guys and gals. Dont go hating over what i just said, but anyway...
Tifa is Tifa and Aeris is Aeris. Could we get any more specific? its just the way they are. Tifa is the prom queen (not really) who is serious and cautious and worries over everything. She hides the truth about the real Cloud and is just....there, sometimes. Aeris is the loving girl older than Cloud that never lets the past escape her. She always knows what she's doing and just goes with the flow instead of struggling with it. like Harle said in Chrono Cross, "It iz Fate. You can do absolutely nothing againzt Fate. If you even try to resist Fate, Fate will surely crush you." or something like that.
From reading this, some of you will say that i'm absolutely insane (maybe i am) and that i favor Aeris over Tifa. maybe i do, but that's beside the point. i'm just giving you guys and gals the idea that people are who they are and that everyone has a destiny, a future they are or are not aware of. I mean, Aeris knew that, when she went to the City of the Ancients, that she was going to die. she knew that Sephiroth was going to kill her. did she struggle? no!!!!! did she cry? no!!!! did she moan and scream as the Masamune went through her? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! in fact, she died smiling! Tifa? When she's in your party when Aeris dies, she just runs away crying! Typical. just typical.
ok, i'm going back on my word about favoring aeris. Sigh, either i started another war, or i will receive a standing ovation from ALL of you.........

remember, I'M the master of ff3, ff7, Chrono Trigger, and Chrono cross!

TheAbominatrix
07-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Well for a brief while, we were having a simple, anger free discussion on slutiiness....

Wightraven
07-11-2003, 05:24 AM
I miss those days, Abs.

PhoenixAsh
07-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Yeah I remember that, it was great, I got to slate Yuna and everything.

Though FZU, I gotta say criticizing someone for being upset at watching their friend die is a somewhat strange judging system.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-12-2003, 03:23 AM
alright, alright, i was wrong for judging Tifa so much... in fact, i would have bawled my @$$ off if i was in her place...i love Aeris so much...

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2003, 05:31 AM
Well we're all entitled to our loves and hates. But when it comes to something as trivial as imaginary characters (no matter how incredible the games they're in is), there's no reason for anyone to get their panties in a bunch. And Im not accusing anyone, just stating. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this thread, as compared to the rest of the net

remi07
07-12-2003, 05:49 PM
BTW, i thought tifa wore shorts not a skirt? clould be mistaken but that's what it looks like

Wightraven
07-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Nope. Skirt. I've seen far too many panty shots for it to be shorts.

darkchrono
07-14-2003, 02:44 AM
I guess it is ok to have such deep feelings for imaginary video game characters. Though if you do, be sure to keep it behind closed doors. I hope you guys do not go out into the real world and state your feelings towards Tifa, Aeris or whatever.

Wightraven
07-14-2003, 03:54 AM
*thumbs up* You're certainly better than me, for I do nothing but talk to people about how cute I think Yuffie is, or how I think Fujin's got the rockingest ass I've ever seen. My best friend, Poindexter, doesn't seem to understand why I like probing inside Cloud's tortured mind so much. Maybe you could give me some pointers one being better than everyone like you?

PhoenixAsh
07-14-2003, 08:21 PM
*Applauds*

Mo-Nercy
07-16-2003, 02:01 AM
Tifa's personality and the way she looks and dresses contradict each other. You can't say she's one thing without her being the other.

The real skanks are the ones in my sig.

darkchrono
07-16-2003, 03:22 AM
I think they gave Tifa the type of wardrobe she wears not to indicate what type of person she is. But more along the lines of indicating the type of atmosphere she lives in and the difficult life she has had.

It would be difficult to give someone who has had a difficult life in the slums a wardrobe like Aeris wears.

Big D
07-16-2003, 05:51 AM
Tifa's wardrobe is relatively practical if you consider her fighting style. It's unrestricting, so she can kick, punch and flip more easily; there are few long, loose bits of cloth which could get caught on a hand/spike/whatever and imbalance her during combat; the braces (suspenders to Americans) help to keep it all together.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-17-2003, 02:12 AM
has anyone else besides me noticed the way she walks? i mean, her feet are pointing inward, like she's a penguin or something. she needs to straighten herself up (which is probably why she had ortheopeic underwear in her drawer that cloud looked through).

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2003, 02:16 AM
I think Tifa's special 'underwear' may have something to do with her breast size. Boobs that big will hurt anyone's back, over time.

Edit: Meaning that it may have been a bra. Bras are a form of 'under' wear, of course. And I dont think any sort of underwear, bra or panties, can help being pidgeon toed.

Raistlin
07-17-2003, 02:53 AM
I haven't even bothered reading the majority of this thread.

People who call Tifa a tramp are blind to plot and character development and just look at the pixilated figure. What did Tifa do to call her slutty? If she was a slut, she'd have thrown herself at Cloud long ago.

Aerith, on the other hand, is a hussy, plain and simple.

Goddess Shiva
07-17-2003, 04:58 AM
Hmm...I think they all have their strong points myself. =/

Imperia
07-17-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Raistlin
People who call Tifa a tramp are blind to plot and character development and just look at the pixilated figure. What did Tifa do to call her slutty? If she was a slut, she'd have thrown herself at Cloud long ago.

Aerith, on the other hand, is a hussy, plain and simple.

Exactly! If Tifa WERE a slut, she would've done that with Cloud a long time ago. So, Tifa's not a slut at all. You can't just call someone in real-life, or a character a slut just because of her clothing. It's just not right...

With Aeris, I don't think she's a hussy, she just like Cloud because she reminded him of Zack. Deep inside, she really wanted Zack. Yet Aeris should've have thrown herself on Cloud with Tifa there. It looks like AERIS was the jealous one...:rolleyes2

Wightraven
07-17-2003, 09:56 PM
I may be going out on a limb here, but I have a few points to make...

1) This is a video game. Rampant sex wasn't allowed at the time it was created, so they COULDN'T show Tifa doing anything TOO graphic, or even saying anything TOO suggestive.

*remembers the Honeybee Inn*

... and maybe Square used up there allotment of the risque with that whole fiasco, eh?

2) Did you ever think that Cloud was either too stupid or too "cool" to *cough* get with Tifa OR Aeris? Or maybe he was gay? I mean, the man had a pretty girl and a giant-chested abomination after him, dva things MOST men love, and he didn't make a move for either one until after the whole mako thing, and even then it's a little vague as to whether anything happened or not.

Big D
07-18-2003, 12:25 AM
Well, Cloud was fighting for his life, and for the life of the Planet. Getting intimately acquainted with one's colleagues probably isn't the highest priority for someone faced with such a challenge.

TheAbominatrix
07-18-2003, 02:24 AM
The point is, you cant judge people by their clothing. I dress like a criminal, and I've even had cops called on me and my other punkish friends because people automatically think we're hoodlums. And I am very, very law abiding.

Tifa's clothing doesnt make her a whore, Aeris' doesnt make her virginal. Tifa did nothing in the game (and please dont start with the hypothetical situations again, people) to brand her as a whore. She was called one because of her clothes and breast size. Aeris is a bit more forward, which could be considered slutty, but her innocent act and clothes covered it up.

Point being? Switch the clothes before the game is released and 20 bucks says Aeris would be branded the tramp. Like Yuna in X-2. Yuna is sweet and innocent, but because of her new outfit, the world is calling her a whore, before they even know of her actions.

xßµńńĄ-˘hĺń
07-18-2003, 07:28 AM
Yea Tifa had big breast and wear tight clothes, that doesn't make her a slut; like what abominatrix said. And also, Aeris might dress up like a sweet girl, but is she that innocent?? lol bah! I just don't like Aeris >_>

But the point is has Tifa done anything in the game, that was slutty?? Nope. I don't remember her hanging all over Cloud and doing all that you know what stuff.

Miriel
07-18-2003, 08:09 AM
Well I never really liked Aries but I wouldn't call her a slut. Sure she flirted a bit more than Tifa but I wouldn't call that slut-like behaivor.

In my opinion, neither of them were sluts.

SOLDIER #819
07-18-2003, 08:32 AM
I think some people are judging way too much on a certain aspect of the game, and not looking at the full picture. They pick out a point about the character that they dislike, or feel it to be negative. Then they "blow it up" (photo-wise), and make it look like it's the entire picture. This goes for just about any character, in my opinion, and it's been done with so many different games that it isn't funny.

In this case, Tifa's clothing. In other cases, Aeris/Aerith's outgoing personality. In other, other cases, Cloud's semi-disturbed attitude. It's been done just about everywhere, from boards, to fanfiction (Funny and serious.), and so forth. People just hone in on a singular point about them, or judge them at one angle, like Raistlin said, and magnify it, ignoring everything else and using that singular point as their only "evidence". Although, I don't agree with what Raistlin said about Aeris. =P

But about Tifa's relationship with Cloud:

*INCOMING DISC 2 SPOILERS*

I've read around a bit, and, you can basically consider a rumor, since I don't have any absolute proof, but if I remember correct, during the scene, at the end of Disc 2, where all the members of AVALANCHE "return from returning" to who/what they care for, and Cloud and Tifa are left to their own accord, there'll (supposedly) be a seen in which the dialogue and actions for Tifa vary, depending on how well Cloud treats her (Current "Love Point" level.). The scene takes place in the engine room (Where you talk to Yuffie about motion sickness, the Materia contract, etc.) where Tifa finds out that AVALANCHE had been there for quite some time. Tifa's reaction varies there.

But again, I have no idea if it is truthful or not. And no, I am not using this as an argument of any sort, I just wanted to bring it some attention, since this topic is...About Tifa? Then again, it may not be, although feedback (I hope supported feedback.) would be nice either way, lol.

*END DISC 2 SPOILERS*

I don't have much else to add. "Don't judge a book by it's cover."? Don't judge a person on first glance or first spoken words?

Oh, and one last thing. I personally don't think Aeris was interested in Cloud only because he reminded her of Zack. Firstly, I think her interest in Cloud (Not romantically, but as a person.) was peaked (In part) because he acted like Zack, but I don't think it's the reason she would have liked him romantically. I say this because...

*INCOMING DISC 1 SPOILERS*

If you decide to go on a date with Aeris, she'll say something during the Gondola scene. She basically says that she wants "to meet him". Of course, Cloud has no idea what she means. But I think what she meant by it was that Aeris had finally understood that Cloud was indeed putting on a subconscious charade, acting like Zack, and that it wasn't who he really was. So therefore, she wanted to meet him, or the real him.

Eep, I babbled on a bit too much there. Gwu, sorry. =|

TheAbominatrix
07-18-2003, 09:31 AM
You may babble, but you do it so well. I always look forward to your comments on just about any thread.

droggen
07-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SOLDIER #819
I think some people are judging way too much on a certain aspect of the game, and not looking at the full picture. They pick out a point about the character that they dislike, or feel it to be negative. Then they "blow it up" (photo-wise), and make it look like it's the entire picture. This goes for just about any character, in my opinion, and it's been done with so many different games that it isn't funny.

In this case, Tifa's clothing. In other cases, Aeris/Aerith's outgoing personality. In other, other cases, Cloud's semi-disturbed attitude. It's been done just about everywhere, from boards, to fanfiction (Funny and serious.), and so forth. People just hone in on a singular point about them, or judge them at one angle, like Raistlin said, and magnify it, ignoring everything else and using that singular point as their only "evidence". Although, I don't agree with what Raistlin said about Aeris. =P

But about Tifa's relationship with Cloud:

*INCOMING DISC 2 SPOILERS*

I've read around a bit, and, you can basically consider a rumor, since I don't have any absolute proof, but if I remember correct, during the scene, at the end of Disc 2, where all the members of AVALANCHE "return from returning" to who/what they care for, and Cloud and Tifa are left to their own accord, there'll (supposedly) be a seen in which the dialogue and actions for Tifa vary, depending on how well Cloud treats her (Current "Love Point" level.). The scene takes place in the engine room (Where you talk to Yuffie about motion sickness, the Materia contract, etc.) where Tifa finds out that AVALANCHE had been there for quite some time. Tifa's reaction varies there.

But again, I have no idea if it is truthful or not. And no, I am not using this as an argument of any sort, I just wanted to bring it some attention, since this topic is...About Tifa? Then again, it may not be, although feedback (I hope supported feedback.) would be nice either way, lol.

*END DISC 2 SPOILERS*

I don't have much else to add. "Don't judge a book by it's cover."? Don't judge a person on first glance or first spoken words?

Oh, and one last thing. I personally don't think Aeris was interested in Cloud only because he reminded her of Zack. Firstly, I think her interest in Cloud (Not romantically, but as a person.) was peaked (In part) because he acted like Zack, but I don't think it's the reason she would have liked him romantically. I say this because...

*INCOMING DISC 1 SPOILERS*

If you decide to go on a date with Aeris, she'll say something during the Gondola scene. She basically says that she wants "to meet him". Of course, Cloud has no idea what she means. But I think what she meant by it was that Aeris had finally understood that Cloud was indeed putting on a subconscious charade, acting like Zack, and that it wasn't who he really was. So therefore, she wanted to meet him, or the real him.

Eep, I babbled on a bit too much there. Gwu, sorry. =|

Its a true rumor.
I treated Tifa the best i could from the start.
and it showed them (In a ps1 grainy way)Kissing and tifa getting embaressed.

Aya Nekoneko
07-21-2003, 12:20 AM
Well, I read every single post on this thread and I must say, it was fun while it lasted. :p

Anywho, I love both Aerith and Tifa. Not sure as to who I prefer but I found both of them very loving women who deserved all the love they could get (love in the most pure sense of the word...).

Now, I think that a single person can love more than one person. And I do mean this romantically. Why not? We're humans, we're born to breed (ack! too much Discovery Channel and TLC) so it makes senes that we'd wanna get intimate with... er, more than one person. And I don't even believe in true love so don't get me started on that. So what I'm saying is that maybe Cloud loved them both. It's pretty obvious that he cared a damn deal for the two of them but that's beside the point (sort of)... He showed signs that he favored the two and depending on the player, it really went either way. Well, unless he was being a tease in which case I think maybe Aerith and Tifa shoulda joined together and kicked his arse. ^_^

As for Tifa being a slut and wearing slutty clothing... Hm, I didn't find it too bad. So she wears a mini skirt? So?? She's suddenly branded a slut now because people from Sqaure (or Nomura-sensei) decided that she should have big breasts and a short skirt? People do have big breasts in real life, yknow. And not all of these breasts are fabricated. I'll give you that they were rather huge but she isn't real so they could be whatever size Square decided to make them. Shiranui Mai had big boobs but not too many people call her slutty (at least not to my knowledge). It just amazes how much of a bad rep Tifa has when she hasn't really even done anything to deserve it (besides from having big breasts that were probably given to her to bring in more FFVII players... the entire world is trying to milk us for our cash I tell you! XD Nothing is sacred anymooooore!). And that goes for Aerith as well. She's a bit bubbly and maybe a tease, but that doesn't make her a whore or anything of the sort. Her actions show nothing along the lines of her whoring about and so what if Tifa maybe has a bit more knowledge than Aerith when it comes to intimate love (which I honestly do doubt but hey, why don't I just get hypothetical here as well)? I'm sure the people at Square didn't wanna make two characters who paralleled each other completely (that would defeat the purpose of both of them being Cloud's love interests). But hey, I personally think they did a good job with the two characters. Just wish some people wouldn't judge others by the clothing they wear (especially if they work in the slums). =/ So maybe Aerith is just as sweet and innocent as she lets on and maybe Tifa isn't a slut because she wears a short skirt and tank top that highlights her, er... assests. Plus, she lived in the slums which is something i hope wasn't done by choice. They're both wonderful characters, na! :D

And since this is getting tooooo long... I'll say just wrap is up (or paraphrase it...) by saying I thought neither were sluts and to whomever gets Cloud (I like him and all but geez, all this shmack over one uberconfused guy), she most likely deserved him.