PDA

View Full Version : Cover of the Booklet

Savannah
07-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Does anyone else find the cover of the booklet... uh, ODD? Tidus, holding Yuna happily in his arms while she sobs? This frustrated me for the longest time until I actually got to that part of the game and figured out what the heck was going on.

chocoboy
07-06-2003, 12:04 AM
I still dont understand. Why is he so happy? Strange person.
hmm...

§håd0w
07-21-2003, 01:21 AM
whats also wierd is that almost every background picture in the book never showed up in the game. u see tidus in the water at besaid, but he never had brotherhood then. wakka and the blitz team, scene never happened. it just wierd.

Greeneyes
07-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Tidus, holding Yuna happily in his arms while she sobs? This frustrated me for the longest time...

I still dont understand. Why is he so happy? Strange person.

Thank God! I thought I was the only one who was frustrated by that picture. It bugs me that Tidus looks like he's thinking "Yeah, you just sob right into my arms, baby. I'm gonna get some".

I would have prefered him to look at crying Yuna with compassion & reassurance in his eyes.

What really bugs me is that this particular picture is quite famous. Ya see it on ebay all the time (posters, wallscrolls, DVD covers, etc)

Shuin
07-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Remember what Yuna told Tidus? She want her journey full of laughter. A happy journey. Maybe he just try to follow whenever Yuna told.

lemonation
07-22-2003, 10:37 PM
Or maybe he was trying to cheer her up. Or he was high off of pyreflies. I know I smile when I am.

Auron_Kotetsu
07-23-2003, 08:29 AM
i think that the answer to this is actually a question of just a bad job done animating. There are several FMV sequences in which Tidus looks like he's smiling when you can tell he's actually kind of, i don't know, grimacing? gritting his teeth? I think that, from the side, it looks like a smile. i've pondered that stupid picture myself, and that's what i came up with.

The one i REALLY don't get is the one on the cover of the game. As was previously mentioned, this scene never happened. (though i wish it had; it looks really good...)

Maxico
07-23-2003, 09:02 AM
these picture do not show up in any part of the game. they are just promotional artwork using the same grapic engine they used for the FMV's (the houdini system i belive, coinsidently you can download a non commercail version for free at sidefx (http://www.sidefx.com) but dont keep your hopes up for results. I cant even get the interface to work.) also you'll notice that in none of the REAL FMV's do they their weapons while they do in many of the promotional artwork.

yeah... so thats what Im saying... I guess

lemonation
07-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Didn't the cover scene appear in the scene where Possible Tidus and Yuna kiss?

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:24 PM
it happened. but he never stared off into space like a kid with ADD