PDA

View Full Version : why meteo never works?!?!

Xu
07-05-2003, 10:26 PM
why always meteo disintegrates before hits the enemy?

Kurohime
07-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Meteo? Or Meteor? o.O

Meteo is the VFX move that you can use at the beginning of the game, when you're fighting King Leo in the play. In that case, none of the VFX moves ever do any damage.

As far as Meteor goes, the damage that will do is pretty random. Death spell is the same way. If a monster/boss is fast and has good magic evasion, the meteor has a bigger change of missing. Same with Comet. I opt to go for other magic like Flare, or other elementals like Thundaga, etc.

Phil
07-07-2003, 12:13 AM
You tell him Kuro:D
Yeah that about sums it up. Try using another move like Kurohime said. If you are figting larger bosses, also try using the Beast/man/demon/ slayer techniques. Using stop and slow also help. Meteor is a higher level spell. Just stick to some of the simple tactics instead of using higher level spells......thats what i do. (of course, once in a while, its ok to flare the heck out of some random guy;) )

ArchiVeflax
07-08-2003, 02:33 AM
Meteor and Comet are among the most useless spells in the game. And as to the slayer stuff mentioned in a previous post, none of the magicians learn those abilities, thus, it wouldn't aid you in any way in this particular instance. And besides, I'm fairly certain that it doesn't affect hit percentage.

Radje
07-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Meteor doesn't hit flyers! Did noone know this?

nanakixiii
07-14-2003, 04:32 AM
Here is the info on comet & meteor:

Comet:
1.) damage=[1 ~ (vivi's Lv. + vivi's magic power)] x 56
2.) hit %: 67

Meteor:
1.) damage=[1 ~ (vivi's lv. + vivi's magic power - 1)] x 88
2.) hit %: depends on vivi's stats, but has confusing formula and do't feel like typing it because i would have to use parenthesis.

So, that's pretty much it. Just in case you get confusing, "~" means "to". So the number between the "[]" are randomly chosen within the range.