PDA

View Full Version : The Interpretation of (Shadow's) Dreams *spoilers up your @$$*

-N-
07-06-2003, 09:20 PM
So, actually I'm not going to bust out Freud here, but I just want to sum up what we think we know of Shadow's past from his dreams.

First of all, how many dreams? The max I have is 5, the 5th being in the World of Ruin when you recover him.
I got the 5th one just now, but I got the other four a long time ago, and I don't really remember them. (Been 8 months since I got those first four dreams.)

*spoiler start*

So I think the basic idea was Shadow/Baram and Clyde escaped from a jail or someplace, had a plan to strike it rich, and they did. The second part is apparently Baram had a child (Relm) or something, but I don't know how to connect the two. Any ideas?

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2003, 09:24 PM
I dont know if they were criminals beforehand. But they robbed a train (perhaps the Doma railway when it was still in operation) and Clyde was injured and presumably captured. Perhaps killed. Baram made his way to... what was the name of that town again? Relm's hometown... anyway. And he seemes to be wounded as well. A woman helps him out... this woman is definitly Relm's mom in my book. They fall in love, have a baby. Something must have happened to her... perhaps she died in childbirth, and Shadow left Relm to Strago and beat feet out of town.

-N-
07-06-2003, 09:30 PM
See, I dunno about that, because Strago lives in Thamasa. No way a railroad could get to Thamasa?

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2003, 09:33 PM
He didnt take the railroad to Thamasa. He may have swam (he was on the Veldt when Clyde died) since the distance is so short, or perhaps found a boat. It clearly shows him in Thamasa. The town square is very very obvious.

-N-
07-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Fair enough... I suppose that works.

Another thing, though this is more of a clarification of a rumor. I hear if you get all five dreams (in the same file... curses!) an alternate ending emerges?

MJN SEIFER
07-06-2003, 09:48 PM
uhh I think you're getting Clyde and Barram mixed up man!!

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2003, 09:48 PM
There's supposed to be 7. If there are, they arent in the English version, cause I've played it through at least 30 times. If you get all 7, then supposedly the ending changes and Shadow lives. I dunno how true it is.

m4tt
07-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Baram is the one that dies, Clyde is Shadow. :p

And there are only 5 dreams, that 7 dreams thing is very far from the truth.

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2003, 10:43 PM
I thought that sounded wrong. Silly me. Thank you Matty.

wolfmah
07-08-2003, 12:43 AM
There is actually 7 dreams include in the game, but they do not ALL belong to Shadow, only 5 were from his head. The 2 others were from Relm and Locke. And the only different ending you could get for Shadow is if you end the game with him and without Relm (I have never done it so I don't know if it is different).

m4tt
07-08-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by wolfmah
There is actually 7 dreams include in the game, but they do not ALL belong to Shadow, only 5 were from his head. The 2 others were from Relm and Locke.

Well if you wanna be technical there are 7 dreams, yes. :p

TheAbominatrix
07-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Okay, the change is again a rumor. I just beat the game with just Celes, Setzer, Edgar, and Shadow. No difference what-so-ever in his ending. Though, before they fight Kefka, Shadow does say something about knowing what it's like to have friends and family. I cant remember if he does that normally or not.

m4tt
07-08-2003, 03:28 AM
I'm pretty sure he says that the first time.

And there is a difference in the ending, Edgar's ending changes, Celes' changes. Probably Setzer's changes too..

TheAbominatrix
07-08-2003, 03:31 AM
That's doesnt have anything to do with Shadow though, which is my point. Each character's presence adds something to the ending. My point is that Relm's not being there doesnt effect Shadow's in the least.

wolfmah
07-08-2003, 04:59 AM
Though, before they fight Kefka, Shadow does say something about knowing what it's like to have friends and family. I cant remember if he does that normally or not. --- TheAbominatrix

Before the final fight, every charater that you have rescue in the WOR will have something to say to Kefka execpt Umaro.

And for the different ending, only 3 characters (thanks TheAbominatrix for having confirm me this) can make a difference if they are not there : Sabin (affect Edgar), Locke (affect Celes) and Strago (affect Relm).

MJN SEIFER
07-08-2003, 06:30 PM
SPOILER)Baram is the one that dies, Clyde is Shadow.

Told Ya!:p :p :p

ForeverZeroUltima
07-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Before the final fight, every charater that you have rescue in the WOR will have something to say to Kefka execpt Umaro.

um, Gogo doesn't say anything either, but that's beside the point. anyways...
i'm starting to wonder, in Shadow's last dream, he told intercepter to take care of Relm. what's that supposed to mean?
also, how do you get the other four dreams? i found one of them before in the Jidoor Inn but i forgot it cuz it was confusing.

TheAbominatrix
07-08-2003, 10:34 PM
There is no 'set' place to get the dreams, as far as I remember. You just have to continue to sleep over and over again until you get them all. I think it's one of those 1/65 (just pulled that number out from nowhere) type chance things.

And I think Interceptor was supposed to stay with Relm, but he followed Shadow. I think there's another instance in the game where Shadow tells him to stay somewhere, and he follows anyway. Man I wish VI was redone in the sort of graphics where you could always easily see whether Interceptor was there or not.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-09-2003, 11:41 PM
hahaha...ok, thanks.
the dream i saw in teh WOB was either Clyde or Baram in the darkness wondering where the other one was. it was pretty darn confusing for me. What number dream was that??????

-N-
07-10-2003, 12:18 AM
There is actually 7 dreams include in the game, but they do not ALL belong to Shadow, only 5 were from his head. The 2 others were from Relm and Locke.

Locke's dream?

TheAbominatrix
07-10-2003, 12:24 AM
I think he's refering to the flashback in which Locke remembers Rachel.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-10-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by ForeverZeroUltima
the dream i saw in teh WOB was either Clyde or Baram in the darkness wondering where the other one was. it was pretty darn confusing for me. What number dream was that?????? That's the first one. It's foreshadowing.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-10-2003, 09:32 PM
ahh, thanks.
But anyways, to me, Shadow's pretty darn weak except when he uses the Throw command (Shuriken, Windmill, DemonWind). Then he's in the ~you can't beat me~ mode.
By the way, i once let shadow die in wob and then in the wor, when i saved relm, she had a dream, too. i didn't understnad that one either. something about her and strago leaving thier house?