PDA

View Full Version : Extracting FMVs

StarChild
07-07-2003, 05:04 AM
I'm working on a music video with the FFVIII FMVs, and I can't seem to download them off of WinMX, which is where I normally get them. I heard you can extract them from the disks themselves, but I think that is only for the PC version, and i have the PSX version.

Is there any way I can extract the FMV's from the disks without having the PC version?????

~Nikki

Ultima Seraph
07-07-2003, 05:08 AM
I'd try Kazaa or if you have a mac, Limewire. There are some sites out there that may still have the FMVs... so go to a search engine as well.

Sorry that's all the advice I have. ^^;;

crono_logical
07-07-2003, 05:26 AM
www.zophar.com

Look for PSX ripping tools, I find PSXMC and PSMPlay work nice for ripping FMVs from various PSX FF games (and other games too) :p You can also rip them at a high quality too much quicker than it'd take to download the equivalent off the net due to size :p

StarChild
07-07-2003, 06:35 AM
THANKS ^^

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Clout that wont extract FF8 fmvs it will ony convert them. I am attaching a document on what to use to extract the FMVs and how.

PSXMC can only converrt the files you extract into .avi

Silent Warrior
07-10-2003, 04:58 PM
PSXMC can convert to a whole bunch more than AVI. Depending on your codecs, of course.

crono_logical
07-10-2003, 05:30 PM
And isn't the aim of extracting to end up with an AVI, which is what you'll no doubt be otherwise downloading if you chose the file sharing option instead? :p PSXMC will scan the disc for all video and audio streams, then extract and convert them to AVI for you so you can use them in Windows more easily. In this case, extracting/converting are the same thing. :p If you're only able to convert and not extract, you're using the program wrong :p

HiroGD
12-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I Use this Method, which my Friend Told me about and posted in his Forums........It works wonderfully, and using the Information given its easy to add and slice up BG music for individual clips, etc.....

Extracting FMVs-Tutorial (http://rpg.spreebb.com/index.php?showtopic=432)

Enjoy! (Using this you can easily Extract ANY FMV Clip from Any Game....Im also PMing you to alert you to this post)

rubah
12-09-2005, 10:46 PM
http://fatoprofugus.net/ff8/index.html is the way I ripped my ff8 fmvs.

Vyk
12-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Rubah, look at the date

Where do you people find these 2 year old threads?!?! And why attempt to revive them @_@;; A month or so I can understand, but I'm sure things have been resolved by now XD

rubah
12-09-2005, 11:55 PM
dangit vyk, stop that xD

I defend myself on the position that the site I suggested was totally around three to four years ago when this thread would have been valid!