PDA

View Full Version : GP for prizes PROBLEM

PrincessOfThieves
07-07-2003, 05:49 AM
I have a huge problem in exchanging GP for prizes... It won't let me get anything for higher than 500 (which is the Carob Nut.) Does anyone know why? I'm on disc 3... Not sure if I should've done sooner (I'm trying for the EXP up thing). Help?

Advent Child
07-07-2003, 06:27 AM
do you have 500+ gp?

PrincessOfThieves
07-07-2003, 06:29 AM
yeah! i had 6000 i tried to buy the 500 until maybe another option appeared.. Now I just have 4000.

ff4life
07-07-2003, 02:31 PM
oh my god yes.

I have the same problem and i want to maste the game but its kinda hard without those materia!! someone help who reads this

Numisma
07-08-2003, 10:18 AM
there are only 2 more "expensive" items you can buy using GP... both are independent materia. one is gil plus, and the other is exp plus. they are the ones listed as nothing but "???????". to get the other rare stuff, you need BP, which you get in the Battle Arena but you need to redeem your BP before you leave the Battle Arena for another part of the Gold Saucer, so stock up on GP and then have Cloud spend a few hours building up BP. then you can get stuff like the speed plus and w-summon materia, if i recall correctly. oh yeah, and some materia can be won in the chocobo races, too.

PrincessOfThieves
07-08-2003, 06:29 PM
I only care about getting the Exp Plus one and it still isn't letting me! Does anyone also know how to get the Final Attack materia?

Numisma
07-09-2003, 07:02 AM
exp plus materia costs 2000GP and can be redeemed at the place where you redeem stuff using GP. there should be two items listed with a bunch of question marks in the title, and one is for 1000GP (gil plus), and the oter is for 2000GP (exp plus). if you are still having trouble, i don't know how to help you, short of directly viewing what is on your screen and walking you through it in person.

Final Attack materia can be won in the battle arena AFTER you have gotten Omnislash AND the W-Summon materia. what you must do once you redeem those two items is, rack your BP value back up to 65,000BP. then you should be able to get into the special battle arena, and what i've been told (since i stopped doing the Battle Arena once i got those two things) is, it's THERE that you can win the Final Attack support materia, but only once, i think.

PrincessOfThieves
07-09-2003, 07:35 AM
Thank you much. I gave up on the Exp Plus. Gonna do it the long hard way without it. Oh well. Buuut the details on Final Attack are great. I haven't bothered getting that W-Summon (or whichever it was) I only got the Omnislash.

Numisma
07-09-2003, 07:45 AM
W-Summon is awesome against bosses. do two summons, right after another! plus, if you want to get the master command materia, i'm pretty sure you'll need to master THAT one.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-10-2003, 10:59 PM
no, you dont...you just need to master Throw, Steal, Mime, Deathblow, and....something, but not any of the W-materia.
As for Final Attack, link it to a summon and it will do that summon when your character dies. connect it to phoenix and you will have a 2nd chance against Ruby and Emerald!