PDA

View Full Version : URL for individual posts...

Big D
07-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Probably an elementary question for most of you, but I'd like to know how to find the URL for a single post within a thread. It'd be pretty handy for referencing and linking within or between threads. I've tried the right-click->properties->URL procedure, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Endless
07-07-2003, 09:49 AM
All individual links look like:
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=<b>postid here</b>#post<b>postid here</b>

Like the link to your post is:
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=598899#post598899

And about your attachement, I can see it fine when you link to it.

Big D
07-07-2003, 09:55 AM
That's the problem... how do I find the post ID number? I'm totally clueless.

As for the attachment, I figured it out so I deleted that part.:)

Miriamel
07-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Well, you can see the post id when you hover over the "edit/delete"-button below a post. It'll display the post id in your status bar.

Or, seen as you're a Knight, simply click the edit/delete button of that specific post and the post ID will be shown in the link bar so you can c&p.

crono_logical
07-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Regular users can use the Quote button instead if they want to copy paste too :p Or if you have a half decent browser, you should be able to right click either link and copy it to clipboard anyway :p

Big D
07-07-2003, 11:21 AM
Ah! Wonderful!

Thanks for the help, everyone.:)

Loony BoB
07-07-2003, 12:28 PM
I just edit, submit, and the resulting url is the postid. Saves the hassle of typing anything out manually. Since you're on Staff, that'd probably be the easiest way, I think.

Citizen Bleys
07-07-2003, 03:39 PM
I always ripped the postid out of the warn link :p

The Man
07-07-2003, 10:37 PM
you, the staff, could also do what fool's gold does and edit the link into the postbit template for the sake of über-convenience. *cough* actually, we went one step further and edited the url into our quote template too, so there's an automatic link to the post whenever someone quotes a post, but that's probably a bit excessive ;)

Citizen Bleys
07-08-2003, 12:47 AM
I have a strict no-ripping-off from Fool's Gold policy. All of the ripping off in the EoFF-FG relationship should be going the other way :p

The Man
07-08-2003, 01:54 AM
Technically, you wouldn't be ripping off Fool's Gold, as we ripped the idea off from Gamingforce =P