PDA

View Full Version : >> FFIII finally on deck..

black orb
07-08-2003, 02:48 AM
>>> I guess this could interest some people here..
http://rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2003/070703a.html

Mr. Graves
07-08-2003, 03:25 AM
"Whatever ends up happening, no North American localization has been confirmed as yet, although such a release would not be unreasonable to expect."

Until it is confirmed, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-08-2003, 06:22 AM
Well, I am. :aimmad:

Big D
07-08-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm still waiting for Origins to come down in price enough that it's worth buying on my shoestring budget...

It'd be nice to own them all someday, though.

SpikingZero
07-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Trust me, it's Final Fantasy; it's getting a North American release. :D

Sefie1999AD
07-08-2003, 06:18 PM
"A less likely alternative is a PlayStation port in the same vein as Final Fantasy Origins, but seeing as how there is no other popular title to lump in with FFIII (unless the company opts to go the route of Final Fantasy Chronicles and throw in a game from a different series such as Seiken Densetsu), such a port would have to be a standalone title."

I personally would like to see FF3 and SD3 together in a PSX game set, fully translated into English.

Mr. Graves, FF1 and FF2 was released in PSX for English gamers in both NTSC and PAL regions. That's why I find it quite likely that if FF3 remake gets done, it will get an American and European/Australian release as well.

Dalkaen
07-08-2003, 07:14 PM
I have yet to even play the Origins versions of FF1 and 2, but still, I would be looking forward to a release of FF3 on Playstation or GBA.. although I don't have a GBA. If they did release FF3 with SD3, that would be great, but I'm not really expecting it..

playaGAW
07-11-2003, 09:09 AM
I would like it if they released it on GBA with another game and some extras. They can pull it off aS GBA like Playstation is 32 bits.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2003, 01:38 PM
I really hope it's released on the PlayStation, such that it can benefit from the same amazing revitalization of sound and music that FFI and FFII did.

treaos
07-11-2003, 03:40 PM
they better realese it on playstation i have every other ff except 3 and anthology, i wanna get all of 'em*sombody hit me with an ultimax3 spell if i say i gotta catch 'em all

Wightraven
07-12-2003, 02:08 AM
I actually liked this game. Hopefully they port it, as the ROM I had sucked in quality.

unfie
07-12-2003, 09:16 AM
... sucked in quality ....

ff3j nes rom is most definately a triumph for the original NES. By far a very impressive title for such a limited console.

-unf

Wightraven
07-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Yup. I'm sure it was an amazing game. Too bad the TRANSLATION of that ROM I got was so bad I couldn't get past the second part of the game.

"Don't read so much into what I say"
- Ashton, Star Ocean: The Second Story

Fat Chocobo
07-13-2003, 01:37 AM
They shouldn't have released IV with Chrono Trigger. I know Chrono Trigger is a great game, but if they had saved IV then they could have released it with III.

playaGAW
07-13-2003, 06:26 AM
If they did that then when would 4 have been released then.

Big D
07-13-2003, 08:57 AM
In PAL regions, FFIV and V were released together as the Final Fantasy Anthology.

None of the Chrono series games have been given the same treatment here, though.

Fat Chocobo
07-13-2003, 06:38 PM
I don't think I worded my last post well. I meant to say that IV should have been released with III, and they just not have Chrono Trigger.

Meuterei
07-14-2003, 01:02 AM
It will kick ass if it happens... but until they say something more concrete, I'm not holding my breath.

DCI Superfan
07-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Trust me, it's Final Fantasy; it's getting a North American release.

Just like the original versions of FF's 2,3, and 5... not to mention the so-called "International" versons of later games?

DCI Forever!!

SpikingZero
07-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by DCI Superfan
Just like the original versions of FF's 2,3, and 5... not to mention the so-called "International" versons of later games?
DCI Forever!!

Despite the fact that when FFI came over here, already FFI through III already have been released in Japan. Nintendo probably decided it would be easier if they just released IV, since it was upcoming other than going back to II and III; I have no clue.

Same with why V never made it here; I have no clue.

But Square (or Square Enix) handles Final Fantasy now, and not Nintendo. They're not idiots; they know which product makes the most money for them.

DCI Superfan
07-15-2003, 10:05 AM
You kinda missed the point. I was stating that just because it's labeled "Final Fantasy" doesn't necessarily mean it's getting a North American release. If my examples you cited weren't enough, just look at the aptly named "International" versions.

DCI Forever!!

twobitmage
07-15-2003, 10:12 AM
well considering the fact that they do way better here than in japan...it wouldnt be all that smart NOT to release it here

Rude
07-15-2003, 07:35 PM
If the game is mass produced in Japan, distributing it an extremely large foreign nation a good ways away from your homeland carries some very high production costs. That's one reason why it would be NOT all that smart to release here.

black orb
07-16-2003, 01:53 AM
>>> Anyway Im sure a foreign release isnt going to harm the pocket of a big-evil megacorporation like SquareEnix, they also have to think in their fans sometimes..