PDA

View Full Version : Marlene's father - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Deandre
07-08-2003, 08:12 AM
I read in another topic that Dyne was Marlene's (biological) father, from where in the game can you make that out?

TheAbominatrix
07-08-2003, 08:24 AM
In the flashback where Barret explains his past and what happened to his hometown. I cant remember the exact way it happens, I'm sure someone will be along sooner or later to explain it completly

Numisma
07-08-2003, 10:12 AM
well, Barret's wife's name was Myrna. and Dyne's wife's name was Eleanor. i THINK when Barret goes to talk to Dyne in the desert prison, Dyne talks of Marlene and Eleanor in heaven together, and when he finds out Marlene is alive, he is distraught because even if he were able to go see her, she would not remember him cuz he left her life when she was an infant, and she's a 4yo. i don't remember the exact dialogue, but the way it was worded made it pretty clear TO ME that Marlene's mom was Eleanor, not Myrna.

Big D
07-08-2003, 12:15 PM
Numisma's got it right.
Barret was the only father Marlene ever knew, though, since she and Dyne were separated when she was so young.

This thread's got some pretty big spoilers, so I'm going to edit the title slightly.

*Does so*

Deandre
07-08-2003, 02:55 PM
ATM I'm playing FF7 again for the XXth time, I'm in Junon for the first time now so there's some time left...

Where exactly does he say it?
During the flashback @ Corel Mountains/Gold Saucer transport?

Savannah
07-09-2003, 12:29 AM
It's pretty hard to miss.

After you get kicked out of the Gold Saucer for Dyne's shooting spree, you'll get sent to the desert prison. There, you confront and fight Dyne. Dyne mopes about his family, Myrna and Marlene, being lost, and Barret tells him that Marlene is still alive. Dyne, however, is so far gone that he says Marlene should be with her mom (aka, dead). You fight Dyne, and then he says that he isn't capable of raising Marlene, officially gives her over to Barret, and commits suicide.

Max
07-09-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Numisma
well, Barret's wife's name was Myrna. and Dyne's wife's name was Eleanor. i THINK when Barret goes to talk to Dyne in the desert prison, Dyne talks of Marlene and Eleanor in heaven together, and when he finds out Marlene is alive, he is distraught because even if he were able to go see her, she would not remember him cuz he left her life when she was an infant, and she's a 4yo. i don't remember the exact dialogue, but the way it was worded made it pretty clear TO ME that Marlene's mom was Eleanor, not Myrna. I Think its the other way around,Elenor is Barrets wife I know that much.:greenie:

Deandre
07-09-2003, 08:08 AM
I'm 100% sure about the fact that MYRNA is BARRET's wife...

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Yeah, that's true.

Gregory
07-13-2003, 11:47 PM
Y'know I think that Dyne is just some :skull::skull::skull::skull:ed up crazy asshole who's obsessed w/ Barret so much, he imagines BEING Barret.

Wightraven
07-14-2003, 03:42 AM
I'm striving to see how that makes sense, yet I cannot grasp it...

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Gregory
Y'know I think that Dyne is just some :skull::skull::skull::skull:ed up crazy asshole who's obsessed w/ Barret so much, he imagines BEING Barret.

harsh

Deandre
07-27-2003, 07:11 PM
But true.

TheSpoonyBard
07-28-2003, 05:43 PM
OK, so we've decided Marlene is Dyne's daughter who was raised by Barret, but where does Tifa come into all this?

Seeing as though Marlene is only 4 years old, why does Tifa tell her to watch the bar while she goes with Cloud and Barret to the No. 5 Reactor? Surely there are some kind of laws about that sort of thing.

Deandre
07-28-2003, 06:53 PM
I don't know what Tifa's got to do with all this...
She probably got to know barret and the others in the Midgar slums.

And about laws; I don't think there're a lot of laws in slums...

Cid_Rocks
05-15-2004, 03:24 AM
I interpretted that after Dyne and Barret got their arms shot off by the shin-ra,and Dyne fell off the edge, that Barret thought he was dead so he adopted Marlene.

§håd0w
05-15-2004, 03:59 AM
Barrert did think Dyne was dead. Marlene's mother died in the fire, and he was the closest thing to family that she had. She was also so young at the point that she wouldn't have even remembered Dyne anyway.

BTW... Please don't revive dead threads, especially ones that have been dormant for almost 10 months.

Cid_Rocks
05-15-2004, 04:19 AM
Hey im sorry. My 2nd time on the website. I 've already been told. K

m4tt
05-15-2004, 06:55 AM
sleep thread, sleep!