PDA

View Full Version : A Leading Lady

Savannah
07-08-2003, 11:31 PM
Excluding FFX-2, which looks like a piece of fanservice crap, none of the FF games have female main characters. I think a leading lady, like Aya Brea from Parasite Eve, would be a great idea, as long as creators didn't fanservice her up and make her nothing but eye-candy. So far, I don't think any of the FF female chars fit an authoritative role, and were mainly there to influence the male roles. What do you guys think? I don't think it'll happen for a long time, mainly because most gamers are boys and creators probably take this into consideration when they create male lead characters and fanservicy-dressed girls.

final boss
07-08-2003, 11:35 PM
I think Terra [FFVI] is the main character. But not everyone agrees with me though.

Sephiiroth
07-08-2003, 11:39 PM
thats a good idea to make a female main character but i think it's not gonna happen for a while i dont know.

PhoenixAsh
07-09-2003, 12:00 AM
Erm, VI anyone? IX didn't really focus on Zidane that much, he just happened to be the default when your party was all there, you still got to see everyone else's stories. X was argueably more about Yuna (sadly) than Tidus.

I find it quite funny how many people judge FFX-2 on the characters clothes, then go on a rant about how Square have made a game about looks and they shouldn't be important.
Actually it annoys me when people criticise Square about it as I've yet to see a logical explanation as to why Square would choose the only FF that is obviously aimed at current fans (being a direct sequel) to sell out and aim for a new audience that they think would be willing to buy an RPG based game for I don't know how much to look at comparatively well clothed animated characters.