PDA

View Full Version : Fast level gaining

ffaddict
07-09-2003, 12:28 AM
If you dont know how to level up fast, heres how to do it.

When in the monster arena, you should be able to fight a monster called don tonberry (I dont know which monsters need to be caught to do this). When he is attacked he will use a move called karma on the attacking character. The damage issued depends on the amount of monsters that character has killed, it is multiplies by 100. So if he/she has killed 400 characters, the damage would be 40,000 etc.
You can use this to your advantage, all you need are 3 weapons, each with the abilities:-

1. triple ap/double ap
2. triple overdrive/double overdrive
3. overdrive-ap

you equip these weapons to the three characters you use, I chose to firstly use tidus, yuna and khimari (because he sucked). I set the overdrives for yuna and khimari to ally and the overdrive for tidus to stoic. This way when he was attacked he would gain ap for the damage recieved, as would the other two characters. But don tonberry will only use karma until he has stepped forward 4 times, at this point it would be wise to run becaus he will surely kill you. Unless you are at a high enough level to fight, then you will get extra sphere levels......yay!!

I came out of each battle on average with 20-25 levels for tidus and 10-14 for the the other 2 characters.

*Im sorry if this has already been covered, or if I have missed something out, or even mixed something up. I havent played on ffx for a while now :(

Blackmage
07-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Ah, yes, the super AP weapons. Pretty darn annoying to make, but more than worth it if you haven't completed leveling.

This's just a personal thing, but wouldn't it be a tad safer to just have your mode set to Slayer/Warrior and go kill Cactuars or somethin' else real easy but worth lots of AP?

ffaddict
07-10-2003, 12:03 AM
yeah, that could work. The don tonberry method is annopying because you can easily run out of money and speres!!! But I found it the fastest way to level up!! even if you only use overdrive-ap youll go up fast :)