PDA

View Full Version : Is my game ruined?

blazing machine gun
07-09-2003, 03:28 AM
Ok, I'm using the ROM version to play and "save state" to save, which got me into some trouble. I saved just where the magimaster starts to appear by accident. I know to do the whole berserk thing, but when he uses ultima...I only have 3111 health at max and ultima deals around 5000!! How do I stop this from frying me?

m4tt
07-09-2003, 03:45 AM
Pretty much ruined.. unless you can beat MagiMaster. When was the last time you saved the actuall game, instead of the state?

wolfmah
07-09-2003, 03:57 AM
If you have the spell Osmose, you can take MagiMaster out by sapping all it's MP, but this will take a pretty long time since he got 50000 MP. Nonetheless, this is the only way you can get trough it without hacking the save file.

Roogle
07-09-2003, 04:25 AM
If you have Life3, then you can use that to survive Ultima no matter how much damage it does. If you don't have it, then I don't think there's really any way that you can win unless you cast some protective spells. Shell, Wall? Those might help.

If you can't beat him, then just lose and see where can you can go off from again. Have you been saving normally as you would in the game periodically, instead of just using savestates?

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2003, 04:37 AM
Wall wont do anything against Ultima, to note. Shell is your only line of defense against spells that automatically target everyone.

blazing machine gun
07-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Amazing, none of my characters had osmose. Shell will only absorb about 200 damage from ultima, and I need to block 2000+. Fortunately, I did save semi-recently at the phoenix cave, so I guess I'll start from there. Thx for the help.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-10-2003, 09:50 PM
OR...................
if any of your characters have the Palidor Esper, then keep scanning MagiMaster from time to time and when he has HP low enough for at 3 of ur party members to attack him, he will cast ultima while your 1st person's in the air and wont die.
OTHERWISE............you're screwed, so start from phoenix cave.

I AM THE ULTIMATE FF3, FF7, CT, AND CC MASTER!!!!!!!

kupopo
08-01-2003, 01:23 AM
You *could* also search for cheats to your characters hit points. Depends on what emulator you're using. It's a lot easier with snes9x. It's just like using game genie codes.

Just go to "Search for New Cheats" under the Cheats file menu. That size of HP would probably be 2 byte data size, located in the lower right corner. Hit the Comparison type "Equal" and then Compare to "Entered Value" and enter the CURRENT HP for the character you wish to change. And then hit search. You will most likely come up with several numbers in the main window. When a change in your characters HP occurs, go back into search for new cheats, and if the character lost points, you would chose "Less Than" and then it doesnt really matter if you chose previous value or entered value at this point. If the character gained current HP, than you would chose greater than. Hit search again, and the amount of results in the main window should have descreased, and you can often find the code for your characters HP. When you do finally find the right one for whatever character, click on it twice or highlight it and click add new cheat. Enter any value, and you should have it. If not, it's not the right code, or you have to figure it out another way. Some games have been this way for me. I have't quite figured it out yet.

After you beat the boss, you can just disable the code, and then save, so it wont mess with the save game. You may have to reset the game a few times to get everyone, unless you just start back at that cave, then its much easier.

If you already have a game code from some site or whatever, it's possible it will work, only one way to find out.

I do hope this makes some sense to you, if you need any more explination, please let me know. I'll try my best.

One time I had a bunch of codes on at once with FF6 and I had been saving and all, and some weird stuff happened, like at one point in Narshe, Terra would stare seemingly directly at me, instead of straight ahead, and all of the codes I had for the game had disappeared yet were still working in the game, so be careful with that. (I remember it was the code to have Kefka in your party, which totally screws with the game. Beware):whoa:

If you have absolutly no idea what I'm talking about, feel free to yell at me, and then I can try to explain.

robfinalfantasy
08-01-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by blazing machine gun
I know to do the whole berserk thingI can't believe I never tried that. I either Flare him to death or throw tons of Super Balls at him.