PDA

View Full Version : tidus suck. thoughts?

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
07-09-2003, 03:29 AM
does tidus suck. I think yes he is a litttle bitch.

muchacho
07-09-2003, 03:59 AM
i thought he was good for battle, but i cant stand how whiny he was in the game.

nice sig

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
07-09-2003, 08:07 PM
he was good in battle and he was whiney

wax
07-09-2003, 09:17 PM
I didn't hate him too terribly much, i did kinda like the concept of who he was (those of you who have beaten the game know what i mean) although i have to say that the angsty 17-22 year old thing is getting just a little old...

Psychotic
07-10-2003, 06:28 PM
He was an irritating, immature wimp.

I end up saying that so many times about him...

Scandalous
07-10-2003, 08:31 PM
NOOOOOOOO! NEVER! EVER! Um.

Okay, he could be annoying, okay, he could be a little less whiny and could shut up about his dad and how horrible he was to him and how he always picked on him because back then he just sucked at blitzball (I said BACK THEN) and okay, his voice was annoying to many. I mean VERY annoying. But since I didn't find his voice annoying and could understand his hate and why he was so pissed off about the whole father-hate-son-because-of-lack-of-bliztball-skillZ and thought it could have been just a certain quality in his voice that made him sound whiny (and then again I don't hate his voice) I have no problem with him. I dig guys with blonde hair anyway, and Cloud and Zidane didn't really fit my tastes xD

Rye
07-10-2003, 08:34 PM
I liked tidus... yeah his voice was annoying and he did MAJORLY suck in blitzball and he looked like he shaved his legs but he was funny. I always liked his hating father thing because I could relate... no I couldn't but I just liked it. ^.^ but Zidane is better :p

Scandalous
07-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Argh! Damn the balck cat! (check Rikkuyuna's sig for details) I thought Zidane was a pimp. He was TOO short and well, the only character i really DID favour in FFIX was Garnet but that's beside the point here. Tidus's voice was pretty annoying to a load of people, which it probably is, but because i am so strange and inhuman i don't find it annoying in the slightest. I guess that's just me lol.

Rye
07-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Argh! Damn the balck cat! (check Rikkuyuna's sig for details)

Damn you Balcky the cat! ^.^

Zidane was cute as a pimpy perve ^.^ he was my favorite in FFIX... him and vivi. And your voice isn't inhuman, mine is... well my rapping is. I think tidus' voice was kinda cute in an annoying way ^.^ it matches him.

Radje
07-10-2003, 08:41 PM
I liked Tidus personally. Sure i thought he was a girl when i first played the game but i've grown to like him very very much. Plus i'm a speed demon and since he's the fast one in the party i like that ^.^

Scandalous
07-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Judging from the amount of Tidus English Voice haters I'm surprized James Arnold Taylor hasn't already been shot and/or slaughtered by thousands of angry Final Fantasy X fans. I guess tidus was a bit of an annoying character, but (I'm going to be hit with a steal pipe for saying this) dont you think yuna was a tiny bit annoying with her overall 'I'm sorry' and 'this is a personal matter'? >_< They could have avoided a ton of shit in that game but yuna kind drove them into doing it (not on purpose of course). Ah! Why am i talking about Yuna like this? She's ment to be my favorite character!

Rye
07-10-2003, 08:44 PM
XD my friend krista thought Tidus was a flat-chested girl with her shirt half open...

I think James arnold taylor is a good voice actor... he HAD to make Tidus' voice like an annoying teen guy. ^.^

Radje
07-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Hehe, leave poor Yuna alone hun. Without her getting the others into trouble the game wouldn've sucked. Plus remember how great the ending sequence was *cries* [/wuss]

Scandalous
07-10-2003, 08:46 PM
I guess you're right. But judging from the amount of teen boys (cid would be disgusted) i have to go school with almost every day i have not witnessed ANY of them that sounds ANYTHING like tidus. in fact i think the ones at school are a lot weirder. :P tidus just did not annoy me.

Hehe, leave poor Yuna alone hun. Without her getting the others into trouble the game wouldn've sucked. Plus remember how great the ending sequence was *cries* [/wuss]

LOL! The ending sequence made me cry too. i guess we're all just dorks.

Radje
07-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Heh, *dances* hmmm what more can i say... *dances again*

Rye
07-10-2003, 08:54 PM

I was too :P and during kingdom heart's ending and... *list goes on forever*

I like tidus' voice when he was talking about the past... it's different

Scandalous
07-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Quoting some wonderful person somewheres around this forum here:

He's just pinching his nose.

I guess it all adds up to the fact he is so goddamn annoying. i AM weird.

Rye
07-10-2003, 08:59 PM
XD or maybe taking in some helium? yeah I'll go with that...

James taylor: *takes in helium* I hate you dad!

That explains everything...

Ellay
07-10-2003, 09:10 PM
heh, i've not played the game and i don't really know what his voice sounds like, but i've read the script at ffwa and i loved his personality/character. I've also seen alot of FMV's. Alot of people seem to hate Tidus, but i love him :D

Bahmant zero
07-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89 he looked like he shaved his legs

thats a good point.... i think he has shaved his legs... maybe he waxes with yuna? strange person that tidus, not only does he wax his legs but hes an annoying whiny brat whos dialog writer should be shot and the voice guy burned at the stake for unleasing this evil brat unto the world.

Scandalous
07-10-2003, 09:24 PM
I'm really offended! Okay not really, but i don't find Tidus annoying (as I've said about one hundred times before) but I'm weird, so you can all just ignore me.

He was cute to me, like Ellay said, i loved his dialogue and his FMVs...don't get me started. I'm not obsessed with him, but compared to other FF heroes, I'd say he was the best looking apart from squall (who, you gotta admit, is like...the hero of FF looks for miles around). Zidane's looks scared me and Cloud's spiky hair scared me even more, and like rikkuyuna said, he DOES look like he's shaved his legs! xD lol, that's an inside joke between me and her. We just looked at the picture of him curled up in the water at the end of FFX and she just screamed 'SHAVED SEXY LEGS!' ... o.O;;; Anyway....

Rye
07-10-2003, 09:30 PM
and she just screamed 'SHAVED SEXY LEGS!' ... o.O;;; Anyway....

I believe you screamed it out... lol j/k it was me... is nuts*

I'm not obsessed with him, but compared to other FF heroes, I'd say he was the best looking apart from squall (who, you gotta admit, is like...the hero of FF looks for miles around).

Yeah, Squall was really cute :p I liked tidus' hair alot... it didn't look unreal like other's did... I mean Gackt managed to get it... and that lady... ^.^ hehe anyways I liked what he had to say... it was really funny ^.^

EDIT: Her name was meg ryan i think...

Scandalous
07-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah! I could quote some of my favorites here and now...

Tidus: Shelinda said Seymour headed to the macarena temple.
Wakka: The Macalania Temple.
Tidus: Aye.

Tidus: Question! (i don't know why i find this funny; it's just the way he said it xD)

His laugh and whenever he talks about the story. It DID sound different like rikkuyuna said.

When he shouts he sounds funny xD I dunno, mabye that's when his voice can get annoying to me i guess. He sounds like some old...never mind.

Anyway, i like tidus x)

muchacho
07-10-2003, 10:20 PM
tidus reminded me of meg ryan with a sword and a annoying voice.

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
07-11-2003, 03:55 AM
yes he does look like meg ryan. And his voice is really anoying but the thing i hate the most is in the rgular game he looks amerianbut in the ctscenes he looks like a japanese kid wih blonde streaks. everyone else though look like they did in the game.

Shlup
07-11-2003, 05:37 AM
I thought Tidus was fine. MAYBE YOU'RE THE LITTLE BITCH. :aimmad:

(OMG I'm just kidding don't be mad! <3 <3 <3)

muchacho
07-12-2003, 01:05 AM
*crys*

bx5_sport
07-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Epppp! I'm surprised to find out this many people hate/annoyed by Tidus. Personally I thought he was perfect....:whoa: and the subject where he shaved his legs... I think all anime characters shave their legs (and underarms... *ahem*)

Shuin
07-12-2003, 05:32 AM
Forget about him. If we keep bully him, he gonna cry. He will cry. And that's we call Tidus may cry.

Ki Ki
07-14-2003, 05:10 PM
I haven't played the game yet....
But I've watched some FMV sequences and....I think Tidus is a CUTE, CUTE, CUTE guy!
I like his voice thank you very much...
And...he's got such a cute personality!
He doesn't suck one single bit! :love:

Ellay
07-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Ki Ki
I haven't played the game yet....
But I've watched some FMV sequences and....I think Tidus is a CUTE, CUTE, CUTE guy!
I like his voice thank you very much...
And...he's got such a cute personality!
He doesn't suck one single bit! :love:

FINALLY Someone who feels the same way as me :D :D
You are wise Ki Ki
Tidus is AWESOME!!!!!!! :p

...and definitely the cutest out of all the ff guys...IMO

Psychotic
07-14-2003, 06:28 PM
So you all think Tidus is great because you think he looks good? Isn't that a tad bit shallow? Call me insane, but I think it's personality that counts as to whether someone is good or bad, and Tidus lacks it.

Ellay
07-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
So you all think Tidus is great because you think he looks good? Isn't that a tad bit shallow? Call me insane, but I think it's personality that counts as to whether someone is good or bad, and Tidus lacks it.

No if you read Ki Ki's post, as well as my earlier one you'd see that we both mention that we like his personality...
We just think that he's really cute too.
I was waiting for someone to say it was shallow...geez

SOLDIER #819
07-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Uh...

I thought he acted...How do I put this...? Normal? Human? Real? One of those, two of those, or all. His personality was right on the dot, where it should have been, in my opinion. His "whining" was that of what any person would do. He showed that not every hero is dark and moody/strong and all-good. I'm very happy for that reason.

One thing I enjoyed about Final Fantasy X, above many other things in the game, or in any Final Fantasy, including my favorite, was how psychologically correct the characters' personalities were. Tidus especially. His personality was extremely unique from that of most main heroes, and you can't exactly stereotype him either. He isn't the dark brooding hero, nor is he the happy-go-lucky hero. He was just very real, in my opinion, and dealt with his problem in a very real fashion.

Some may consider it whiny, or whatever you want to call it. But when you compare Tidus to a stereotypical hero, then compare him to an actual person in real life, you'll most likely see it's a lot easier to compare him to someone in reality. In most games, heroes don't talk about their problems, or when they do, they do it in a way that makes it seems like they've come to terms with it, or that they're dealing with it in a manner that can be unrealistic, or whatever. With Tidus on the other hand, he dealed with his problems differently, in a more...Uh...Real fashion.

But it just so happens that people don't seem to like "real" heroes much. It's a game right, there should be liberties taken on how a character should act, because it's only a game, right? I'd disagree. I think having some realism in a world of fantasy is very, very good. It makes it that much easier, or that much harder, to relate to the person. He's whiney? Aren't most of us, though? When you have a problem, do you literally act as if nothing happened, or do you tell someone? There are exceptions, but not everyone is dark and brooding, nor does everyone shrug it off carelessly. And by "not everyone", I mean the majority, because a lot of the time it'd cause a mental breakdowns, stress, etc.

Realistically, when you come to an important, stressing part of your life. Do you keep calm at all times and break out into a speech that results in making everyone calm and happy, gets a crowd cheering for you, turns enemies into friends, makes birds sing, or whatever? Of course not! (Most of the time anyway.) You'll probably have a ton of rough ends, and possibly rough the whole way through, but you get the point across. Tidus did that a lot. He didn't say anything utterly miraculous, he got his point across, in the middle of whatever confrontation he was in, in the way his personality would, while showing that his surroundings or the current situation did have an effect on him, like any normal human being.

But it all depends on what a person wants, I guess. I thought having some added realism was a good break from the typical hero types.

Ki Ki
07-14-2003, 08:25 PM
No if you read Ki Ki's post, as well as my earlier one you'd see that we both mention that we like his personality...

You go girl!
Woo-hoo!
That's it....show him!
That's rite! We both said his personality was also a good point!
And it's not our fault he's such a cute guy!
It jus makes us like him....a bit MORE!:p

SOLDIER #819
I'm with you all the way!!
TRUE! TRUE! TRUE!
:)

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
07-15-2003, 11:29 PM
kiki tidus is a little girl and he is very whiny and annoyng he is not cool at all

nanakixiii
07-16-2003, 01:54 AM
To describe him:
"Raiden of RPGs"
Yes, Raiden was whiny and was mr. i'm-so-good-because-i-completed-all-VR-training-but-since-i-don't-have-real-experience-i-suck. Yes, so Raiden (metal gear solid 2) and Tidus (FFX) does share a lot of things.

1.) has whiny, annoying voice
2.) goes into mental breakdown suddenly
3.) you fight own dad

Yeah, but this is for english FFX, because Japanese FFX has better voice (actually, perfect).

moonlight1711
07-16-2003, 02:34 AM
Only thing I can say that Tidus's really really really cute.He's romance man ,isn't he.I like him

Rye
07-16-2003, 01:12 PM
I think Tidus could be very childish but he was good. I liked him... him and Rikku were my favorites...

Actually I thought Yuna was more annoying with her "I am summoner Yuna from the Isle of besaid!" every 5 minutes... I mean even Garnet didn't say her full name when talking and she's a princess. And she sounded like she had asthema.

Tidus's dialouge was really good, it's funny at first but once you get closer to the end it gets more meaningful. and I don't blame Tidus for banging his hands on the floor when hearing Yuna may die.

TheAbominatrix
07-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Soldier totally hit the nail on the head. Whenever a character in an FF isnt totally bitchinly cool, strong, and whatnot, most everyone hates them. Tidus was thrown out of everything he knew and loved into a strange world, and he handled it remarkably well. He was very human, and I liked that about him. His reactions were wonderful, they were soulful, he wasnt a cardboard cut out walking around like many other characters in more recent FF games. Heck, he had way more emotions than Yuna, though I think Yuna spent most of her life locking her emotions away. But regardless, I liked Tidus. I liked FFX. Yay for me.

muchacho
07-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
Actually I thought Yuna was more annoying with her "I am summoner Yuna from the Isle of besaid!" every 5 minutes... I mean even Garnet didn't say her full name when talking and she's a princess. And she sounded like she had asthema.

indeed she was annoying, but not as annoying as tidus.

droggen
07-22-2003, 01:56 AM
Naw actualy the reason people thought he was whiny was because he reminded the player of what they we're like at that age.
He was'nt Uber strong nor did he have any special skills persay.
He was just a guy doing the best he could with what he had.

lemonation
07-23-2003, 03:48 AM
SOLDIER has a point. I mean, if I was in his shoes, I'd whine a lot more. A LOT more. He was well acted, with very few bad lines. It was Yuna's voice that made me full of hate. So many botched lines. inapproproate pauses jammed into sentences and then there's the whole yes/ok thing. she said those on-word lines fast and rushed when no one would ever say it that way unless they were short of breath. But Tidus was great. They all were. Each character had great personality, and all but Yuna had great voices. I liked using Tidus because he has Haste, my favorite Final Fantasy spell EVER. As for the shaved legs, he is a blitzer. He has to swim fast, so he would shave his legs like swimmers do. But then again, his clothes are hardly hydrodynamic. Oh well. Tidus rules. :upsidedow

Auron_Kotetsu
07-23-2003, 08:59 AM
I did not like Tidus.

There are quite a few reasons that he irritated me. One of them was just the simple fact that he wasn't a person i would have liked. His personality was, in my opinion, really fake. He expected everyone to spill their guts to him, but he didn't want to talk about himself. He avoided responsibility. He whined. A lot. The way he squeals when Barthello picked him up at Kilika temple made me want to shoot him with a knife. So the big monkey's got you over his shoulder? Pull out that sword you've got stashed... um... somewhere... and stick 'im with it!

I despised the voice-acting. I try, when i play this game, to remember that the voice actors had never actually seen the sequences they were doing, but had only read the script. His inflections are so often wrong that it's impossible to care about what he's saying, when it sounds like he doesn't even. (this goes too for everyone but Auron.)

His ultimate weapon looks retarded. Who the hell was in charge of that?! It looks like a big blue chili pepper that's been flattened out! All lumpy with random spikes... could you imagine trying to attack something with that? I have, ever since i got that stupid weapon, been drawing better looking ones. That black sword he uses (try stacking a Variable Steel up with status ailments, you'll see what i mean) looks damned cool... why couldn't they have used something more like that?! The Caladbolg has my vote for dumbest looking Ultimate Weapon. Its name is dumb too.

Some good things about him, to be fair, were that he kicked ass in the sphere pool, he is arguably the best fighter when you get him high-leveled enough, and his Overdrives kick my ass. But he would get his ass kicked by any main character in amy ff game. Even Zidane. And Zidane sucked my butt.

I half wish Kimahri had done us a favor on Besaid and just run him through before anyone had had time to stop him. grr...

lemonation
07-23-2003, 07:23 PM
I disagree. His personality was good. He whined because he's just a sports player who is now thrown into a world he has to save. One minute you're happy and content, teh next you're in a world filled with crap he didn't have to deal with before. Realisticly, he should've whined more. Also, how the hell can he use swords? He's a BLITZER! In the begining, he's shaky when he first picks teh sword up, but then he's doing fugging cartwheels with it. THAT sucked because it was just stupid.
As for Caldabog, teh name is cool, and while I've only seen pictures of it, and it looked cool.
I thought the voice wasn't bad. And he wouldn't get whupped by Zidane. Zidane's a weird little monkey-tailed punk with knives. Tidus is a tall, slightly whiny guy with swords and Haste. Zidane wouldn't stand a chance.

Yunaknight
07-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Yeah I hate Tidus he is a little >snip< that cry's over everything. Its happy when he jumps off at the end.

Edit by Big D: Keep using language like that and you'll get banned. Seriously.

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-22-2003, 03:38 PM
So far we've learned that the majority of this forum dont like him and/or say he is annoying but in the end...
who would you rather fight along side with agianst a giant friggin monster a wimpy, weak teenage boy who has ovaries or a bad ass like auron, cid (from VII),sifer,cloud, sephiroth, squall the list goes on and on and on. he would probably be at the bottom of my list right after the can of spam

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-24-2003, 01:59 AM
I thought the voice wasn't bad. And he wouldn't get whupped by Zidane. Zidane's a weird little monkey-tailed punk with knives. Tidus is a tall, slightly whiny guy with swords and Haste. Zidane wouldn't stand a chance. Qoute

Um as much as i didnt like zidine or ff9 i dont think that titus could kill zidine. he has a tall..COme on a tall!!

DeBlayde
11-24-2003, 05:14 AM
Personally I liked Tidus. I thought he was dumb to the extreme, like he'd been blitzed in the head ten too many times, but not annoying. i mean, sure he had a little Dad hatred stemming from a bit of an Oedipal complex, but at least he wasn't in need of large amounts of schizophrenia medications.

I think he was a well thought out character, and that his personality goes along well with his superstar role he was so used to in D. Zanarkand.

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-24-2003, 09:45 PM
he was a decent fight, he was pretty darn fast but if he were real i would not hang out with him id punch him in the face or throw up on him or somthing.

DeBlayde
11-25-2003, 03:25 AM
i didn't much think of Tidus being a b*tch either. well, maybe a little. but scale of 1 - Justin Timberlake, Tidus is about a 3.

SomethingBig
11-25-2003, 09:19 PM
One of the main reasons I hated Tidus was because he was a whiny idiot. When I bought the game, I sure didn't have plans on hearing constant complaints and bad voice-acting. I think when people first played FFX, they didn't mind the whining. But then it just gets ridiculous. He keeps rambling about his problems on and on instead of just taking immediate action. I agree with Auron_Kotetsu, except for the part about the Caladbolg. I liked that name and it didn't look all that bad. Tidus's overdrives were also pretty great, especially Blitz Ace. However, it is nothing compared to Omnislash or Lionhart.

One more thing. The other thing that I don't like is how Tidus is struggling with just picking up his sword one second, then about 3 seconds after picking it up, he's a master at it.

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-26-2003, 06:06 PM
thats it im starting a cult. the anti-titus brotherhood

SomethingBig
11-26-2003, 08:28 PM
I'll be the vice president or whatever second in command is.

Yunaknight
11-27-2003, 02:05 AM
yeah! thats great anti tidus ill join