PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: The ever lasting story! (Spoilers with a capital "S")

MJN SEIFER
07-09-2003, 01:23 PM
.Delete this please.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
...a wise man who goes by the name of "Kishi" once said to me and I quote:

"A thread title that says "Spoilers" does not need to mark it's spoilers!"Lies. I have better grammar than that. :aimmad:

MJN SEIFER
07-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Sorry! it's my gramma that sux not youres!

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2003, 09:13 PM
I dont think the world is connected... too many things dont fit. What happened to the Dwarves in IV? Didnt magic disappear forever in VI? etc, etc. But I do like the idea... I like drawing imaginary family ties between games, but I just dont think it's possible.

the blitzer
07-10-2003, 05:30 PM
They don't come after each other. Come on do you look at the world map. They all look differnt. They don't have the same magic system as well. Also the town names are differnt. They wouldn't change the name of all the towns even if a million years went by. I bet if you ask Squaresoft they will say they aren't after each other.

Blathnaid
07-10-2003, 08:48 PM
I agree. No matter how much philosophical nonsense you use to try and do it, the games are not connected. They're not supposed to be. That's what makes a Final Fantasy a Final Fantasy (among other things). I think they get the name "Final Fantasy" because each story is 'final' (up untill X-2 that is. I can't explain that. Or XI, the MMORPG. Another one I can't explain). It's time to move on to another world in peril.

Overall, it's a nice philosiphy, but it's not one a lot of people are going to agree with.

Oh, and it was rather hard to read your post. Sorry, this is a pet peeve for me, but, could you try to use better grammer and spelling next time? Thanks.

MJN SEIFER
07-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Actually it's called final fantasy because Square were crap back then and they thought "Ok! we'll make one more game and if that sux we quit!" that game was the FINAL FANTASY they were going to make!!

shane613
07-21-2003, 08:20 AM
No, I don't think they are related at all. everything you said was just coincidences (why would Sephiroth and Setzer be related? just because they both have long white hair?) I like it alot better that each story is seperate and has nothing to do with earlier games in the series. I think some people look too much into little references to older games, such as FF9. Square put all those little things (Garland, Invincible, Kain's Spear, etc) just for fans to see and say "ohhh remember the Garland in FF1?" I don't like the idea of all the games being connected, cuz I think it ruins the main focus of the games: Fantasy. And not to sound rude, but it is a little difficult to read your posts, try and proofread them a little bit before you submit them. I know I make alot of spelling and grammar mistakes too.