PDA

View Full Version : The Gold Saucer Date (Spoiler)

Savannah
07-09-2003, 04:01 PM
AUGH! I got Aeris! I was so careful to be rude to her, too! *sigh*

Anyway, I saw some people mentioning that they got Yuffie? How? I'm at the Temple of the Ancients and Yuffie hasn't even joined my party yet.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-09-2003, 04:09 PM
You can't just expect Yuffie to join your party by herself. Rather, you have to make the proper effort and the right choices to get her to join, which is something you can do as soon as you exit the Mythril Mines for the first time. She is a secret character and all.

Deandre
07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
First time around you can get Yuffie is after the Mythril Mines in the forests near there.

remi07
07-09-2003, 04:26 PM
To get Yuffie to join your party you can get her by walking around in the forest in Gongaga, but i heard someone say you can sometimes get her in the forest near Junon. To find out to get her in your party, go to the FF7 tips on this here website. they'll tell you everything your suppose to say.
It's really hard to date yuffie. I think you have to get her in the Junon forest to increase your chances with her but if she won't show up there, you'll just to wait till you get to Gongaga. There is another thread here that somebody said they didn't see the point in buying a flower from Aeris. Along that thread someone put a link to a FAQ on how to date Yuffie.
I hope this helped you.

Savannah
07-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Er, sorry, Ryűkishi, I didn't know Yuffie was a secret character- I thought she'd end up joining in the course of the game like Cait Sith and Cid.

Thanks for the helpful info, guys! I'll try and pick her up now that I know I actually have to seek her out. ^_^;

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Vincent is the other secret character, and a pretty neat one to have along, too. He'll join the party if you solve the game of the riddles in the Shin-Ra Mansion.

Savannah
07-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Ah. Must have Vincent...

GRRR! Now Cait Sith says that Aeris and I are perfect together. And I was as mean to her as I could possibly be. This game cheats.

Deandre
07-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Being mean to Aeris isn't all, being nice to the others is important too.

And maybe fighting together is important to let Cloud and another one get together (as in Star Ocean II ). But I'm not sure about that...

I also read somewhere that you can date Tifa, Aeris, Yuffie or Barret... Although I'm not too sure about barret too... Would be cool though.

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Yes, you can date Tifa, Aeris, Yuffie, and Barret. Almost every option in the game effects your 'emotional' levels with the other characters, and the decides who you go on the date with. Barret is obviously the hardest.

And dont worry about the Cait Sith prediction, it doesnt mean jack. You'll see how accurate he is later.

PhoenixAsh
07-09-2003, 09:18 PM
I thought Yuffie was hardest to get.
I asked ages ago, then forgot about the thread, does anyone know where the scripts are for the dates, and other scripts that are changed depending on your actions?

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Nope, it's Barret. Yuffie is difficult too, mainly because she's not around as long and you have less chances to mess with your levels.

I'd look for that script at RPGamer.com... I'm still looking for the emotional level + and - sheet.

Deandre
07-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Nice, that means I'm gonna try Barret or Yuffie this time around :p

(btw Abominatrix, your avatar/custom title is hilarious :D )

Numisma
07-10-2003, 06:41 PM
http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/ff7/dateyuffie.shtml

here is that link. as for finding Yuffie in the forests, i'd say she shows up about once in every 15 random battles that take place IN the forest. so keep running around in the forest by Junon till you come across her.

btw, YES it is difficult to get her as a date. i tried, but i didn't pay attention to enough of the things on the checklist, so i ended up with Tifa. but it definitely was fun telling Aeris, "oh, i remember you. you're the slum drunk." hahaha. and i did the barrel thingy too. hilarious.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-10-2003, 10:28 PM
having yuffie as a date is fun, thankuverymuch, because in the end she slaps you! hahahaha...yup, definitely a spoiler. obviously i've dated her, along with tifa and aeris. tifa is just so ****ing silent, and Aeris is so d@mn....well, you know.
i haven't dated barret, though.
as for getting yuffie as a date, you have to be mean as possible to aeris and tifa even STARTING FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME!!!!!!!!

tuckerpowers
07-11-2003, 08:56 AM
yuffie iw ould say is oneof the best caharaters to date, everyone else is boringg, u ca get yuffie just outside the mythril mines, she asks you alot of question and you just have to answer correctly.

Max
07-20-2003, 12:45 AM
the Guide says yuffie is 14!thats so stupid Im trying so hard to date yuffie If got tifa and aeris not barret I wouldnt want to.ughh.I printed everything u have to do so im trying again.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-20-2003, 01:47 AM
*cough*
Yuffie is 16 actually, and is the youngest member of your party, not as old as :magus:

§hĺd0w
08-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by LockHeart1988
To get Yuffie to join your party you can get her by walking around in the forest in Gongaga, but i heard someone say you can sometimes get her in the forest near Junon. To find out to get her in your party, go to the FF7 tips on this here website. they'll tell you everything your suppose to say.
It's really hard to date yuffie. I think you have to get her in the Junon forest to increase your chances with her but if she won't show up there, you'll just to wait till you get to Gongaga. There is another thread here that somebody said they didn't see the point in buying a flower from Aeris. Along that thread someone put a link to a FAQ on how to date Yuffie.
I hope this helped you.

you can get yuffie in ANY forest. i got her on the island near the cave not shown on the map where u get KOTR summon. i got her there in my first save and mutiple places in other saves (junon, gongaga, and some forest near cosmo canyon)

alcatraz-ette
08-22-2003, 06:00 AM
i dunno, i was able to get yuffie before i hit junon. but whatever.

what happens in aeris's date? i hear it's supposed to be more 'emotional' than the other ones. was there anything special about it?

Big D
08-22-2003, 07:26 AM
The dialogue during Aeris' date is fairly deep and poignant, yet also vague. Personally, one of the things I enjoyed the most about the various dates was seeing Cloud get kissed by Yuffie. Very cute, especially the dialogue that follows.

The play is also quite entertaining...

alcatraz-ette
08-22-2003, 07:41 AM
the play was awesome, i kissed the evil dragon king (or whatever it was) and escaped with the 'fair maiden.'